POLL: One Big Reason That Trump Was Elected

Does Trump owe it to his 2016 Voters to Immediately Nominate a Replacement for RBG?

• Yes. He Does. Absolutely!

Votes: 25 89.3%
  • No. Those Voters Votes Do Not Matter

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
This is a simple poll to make a relevant political point.

In the 2016 Presidential Election, one of the primary reasons that Trump voters voted for Trump over Hillary was to DENY Hillary the chance to nominate any Supreme Court justices. Trump won the election. It would be a betrayal of HIS voters confidence for him to do anything less than what he was elected to do.

Relevant Link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...p-to-get-supreme-court-picks-and-it-paid-off/
Harry Reid got all sorts of flak for going with the "Nuclear" option. And rightly so, he changed the rules to win the game. When the tables were turned, the GOP did him one better and upped the stakes. Now, many want Mitch to change HIS rule to win. It's a case of might makes right and is a path to chaos. There will be no winners in the long term.

What if the GOP goes ahead and fills the seat and the Dems win the House, Senate, and WH? Will the Dems be justified in putting a few more seats on SCOTUS and flip it from majority GOP appointments to majority Dem appointments? Perfectly legal.

I'm not surprised the the basic point in the OP has sailed right over your head.

One of the reasons that people voted for Trump in 2016 was to give HIM the ability to replace any Supreme Court Justices and to DENY Hitlary a chance to do the same.

True or False?
I'm not surprised you chose to ignore the election results of 2018.

Bwahahahahahaha!

You must mean the election where the Republican Senate (those who advise consent and confirm the SCOTUS Nominees) actually GAINED two more seats!

Why would I ignore that?

It only solidifies my point in the OP.
Yeah the election where Democrats had to defend seats in 10 states that supported Donald Trump (R) over Hillary Clinton (D) in 2016, while Republicans had to defend just one seat in a state won by Clinton. The same election where the Dems gained 40 House seats.

2018 was also the year Democrats gained control of 9 state and territorial governorships that had previously been held by Republicans and an independent. Democrats also won the total popular vote for the year's gubernatorial elections for the second year in a row. Like the 2016 presidential election, Republicans won a majority of governorships despite losing the popular vote by almost three million votes. Democrats won the popular vote nationally by 3.1 points, an improvement against the presidential popular vote margin in 2016.

Show me where the Constitution says the popular vote gets to decide who nominates and replaces vacancies on the Supreme Court.

The fact is Trump's term is 4 years not 3.8 years. We'll just tell Dems tough shit and fill the seat. Suck it Dems you losers.
Well I'm not going to stop you but once you abandon the high ground it is a long climb back up. Personally, I prefer honest people since I do consider myself a man of my word.

Lib please we are playing by Dem rules, what's the matter can't take it?

I recall it was you who said "One of the reasons that people voted for Trump in 2016 was to give HIM the ability to replace any Supreme Court Justices and to DENY Hitlary a chance to do the same". Sounds like a reference to the popular vote to me.

Then, you must be an idiot.

Everyone knows that Trump won the EC but not the popular vote. Yet, in my OP which you just quoted, everyone can see that I referenced ONLY the Trump voters.

Didn't I.

So, your kneejerk reaction that led you to conclude that I was speaking about the "popular vote" only shows how inept you are with regards to your reading and comprehension.

In the 2016 Presidential Election, one of the primary reasons that Trump voters voted for Trump over Hillary was to DENY Hillary the chance to nominate any Supreme Court justices. Trump won the election. It would be a betrayal of HIS voters confidence for him to do anything less than what he was elected to do.

Relevant Link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...p-to-get-supreme-court-picks-and-it-paid-off/
The primary reason was fear – fear of positive, beneficial change, fear of diversity, fear of inclusion, fear of lawful, peaceful protest and dissent.

Trump was the authoritarian solution that that unwarranted fear – someone who would compel conformity and oppose dissent, someone who would pander to white grievance politics and the wrongheaded notion that America was being ‘taken’ from white Americans.

Harry Reid got all sorts of flak for going with the "Nuclear" option. And rightly so, he changed the rules to win the game. When the tables were turned, the GOP did him one better and upped the stakes. Now, many want Mitch to change HIS rule to win. It's a case of might makes right and is a path to chaos. There will be no winners in the long term.

What if the GOP goes ahead and fills the seat and the Dems win the House, Senate, and WH? Will the Dems be justified in putting a few more seats on SCOTUS and flip it from majority GOP appointments to majority Dem appointments? Perfectly legal.

If you don't think the commies were planning to add at least two more justices regardless, you're delusional. They couldn't have a mostly reliable 5-4 conservative majority.

The primary reason was fear – fear of positive, beneficial change, fear of diversity, fear of inclusion, fear of lawful, peaceful protest and dissent.

Trump was the authoritarian solution that that unwarranted fear – someone who would compel conformity and oppose dissent, someone who would pander to white grievance politics and the wrongheaded notion that America was being ‘taken’ from white Americans.

Wow, you're a wrongheaded C.U.N.T.

Can't
Understand
Normal
Thinking

You've been singing the same lame tune for years. LMAO

Democrats MUST LEARN they do not own this SCOTUS seat. It's not their property.
Neither does the GOP. Why not let the people decide as Mitch and Biden have said? I didn't realize how scared of losing the Right has become, that is the only reason I can see to fill the seat before election day.
blow me the seat is vacant and must be filled if democrats had the same chance they would fill it by end of this week

Wow, you're a wrongheaded C.U.N.T.

Can't
Understand
Normal
Thinking

You've been singing the same lame tune for years. LMAO

change isn't always good obama's change was terrible that fundamental transformation was the wrong direction now what's left of the fringe leftists are triggered so easily

Democrats have reached category 10 butthurt at this point. Pelosi is running amok threatening to impeach the president if he dares nominate someone to fill the seat, which is his job as president. :cuckoo:

Democrat politicos threatening Trump with ANOTHER Impeachment and radicals threatening MORE violence if the President does what he is Constitutionally mandated to do??? All the more reason for Trump to expeditiously nominate a judge and not let these people in power. They abuse power they don’t even hold.

If you just look at the will of the people, the will of the people was with Hillary. She won by more than 3,000,000 more votes than Trump. Yeah, she lost via the electoral college, but that is not the question. The question is, what is the will of the people. Should those voters be dismissed?
You leftist nuts have used every dirty trick including lies, false accusations and impeachment to get rid of a duly elected president. Now you want to be treated fairly? You should of thought of this before you acted like spoiled angry children.

Republicans should learn, they do not get to stack the courts...

First they deny Obama for the scotus seat to replace Scalia, then they say they need to deny Hillary a pick, even of she won the presidency....

Do you think only Republicans should be allowed to pick SC Justices???

I'm not surprised the the basic point in the OP has sailed right over your head.

One of the reasons that people voted for Trump in 2016 was to give HIM the ability to replace any Supreme Court Justices and to DENY Hitlary a chance to do the same.

True or False?
I'm not surprised you chose to ignore the election results of 2018.

Bwahahahahahaha!

You must mean the election where the Republican Senate (those who advise consent and confirm the SCOTUS Nominees) actually GAINED two more seats!

Why would I ignore that?

It only solidifies my point in the OP.
Yeah the election where Democrats had to defend seats in 10 states that supported Donald Trump (R) over Hillary Clinton (D) in 2016, while Republicans had to defend just one seat in a state won by Clinton. The same election where the Dems gained 40 House seats.

2018 was also the year Democrats gained control of 9 state and territorial governorships that had previously been held by Republicans and an independent. Democrats also won the total popular vote for the year's gubernatorial elections for the second year in a row. Like the 2016 presidential election, Republicans won a majority of governorships despite losing the popular vote by almost three million votes. Democrats won the popular vote nationally by 3.1 points, an improvement against the presidential popular vote margin in 2016.

Show me where the Constitution says the popular vote gets to decide who nominates and replaces vacancies on the Supreme Court.
That's what Mitch McConnell said in 2016

Democrats have reached category 10 butthurt at this point. Pelosi is running amok threatening to impeach the president if he dares nominate someone to fill the seat, which is his job as president. :cuckoo:

Democrat politicos threatening Trump with ANOTHER Impeachment and radicals threatening MORE violence if the President does what he is Constitutionally mandated to do??? All the more reason for Trump to expeditiously nominate a judge and not let these people in power. They abuse power they don’t even hold.
that's right wing fake news.... here is what was asked, and what was said... And she didn't agree or deny the questioned asked of her on impeachment.

------------
Stephanopoulos said "some have mentioned the possibility" of moving to impeach Trump or Attorney General William Barr "as a way of stalling and preventing the Senate from acting on this nomination."

"Well, we have our options. We have arrows in our quiver that I’m not about to discuss right now," Pelosi said.

"Right now, our main goal – and I think Ruth Bader Ginsburg would want that to be – would be to protect the integrity of the election as we protect the American people from the coronavirus," Pelosi said.

Pelosi says Democrats 'have our options' when asked about impeaching Trump if he replaces Ginsburg

After seeing the title I expected “Racists” to be a choice. What a let down.

I recall it was you who said "One of the reasons that people voted for Trump in 2016 was to give HIM the ability to replace any Supreme Court Justices and to DENY Hitlary a chance to do the same". Sounds like a reference to the popular vote to me.

Everyone knows that Trump won the EC but not the popular vote. Yet, in my OP which you just quoted, everyone can see that I referenced ONLY the Trump voters.

Didn't I.

So, your kneejerk reaction that led you to conclude that I was speaking about the "popular vote" only shows how inept you are with regards to your reading and comprehension.
My bad, when you mentioned "people' that voted for Trump I assumed you meant all Americans, not just the few hundred members of the Electoral College.

If you don't think the commies were planning to add at least two more justices regardless, you're delusional. They couldn't have a mostly reliable 5-4 conservative majority.
The 'commies', how retro. Did you post this from the 1950's? Check under your bed, the commies are all gone, they've been replaced by authoritarians like Putin. Regimes that ignore the rule of law or just change the law so they can do whatever they want.

All the times Trump said the constitution let's him do whatever he wants

Neither does the GOP. Why not let the people decide as Mitch and Biden have said? I didn't realize how scared of losing the Right has become, that is the only reason I can see to fill the seat before election day.
blow me the seat is vacant and must be filled if democrats had the same chance they would fill it by end of this week
I applaud you coming out of the closet but you're not my type. We don't know what the Dems would do but they've always said they wouldn't. On the other hand we know exactly what the GOP says it will do. I don't see those as equivalent.

First they deny Obama for the scotus seat to replace Scalia, then they say they need to deny Hillary a pick, even of she won the presidency....

1. Filling a vacant seat is not "stacking the courts".
2. Hillary's pick? She lost, not a thing.
3. Scalia's seat was vacant in an election year where the president and senate are from different parties. Delaying the vote until after the election was a legitimate move. Way more legal than the democrats' subversion of the Trump presidency.

Didn't I.

My bad, when you mentioned "people' that voted for Trump I assumed you meant all Americans, not just the few hundred members of the Electoral College.
Got a problem with the US Constitution? Thanks for playing, now give your mommy her 'puter back.

LMAO so Dems attempt to stack the court, you complain that Reps blocked Dems, then accuse Reps of attempting to stack the court. You people talk out of both sides of your mouths. :eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back