POLL: Let's try a COVID compromise, shall we?

Do you agree with this Free Market COVID Compromise?

• 1. Yes. This is a fair compromise.

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • 2. No. This is not a fair compromise.

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • 3. I don't want to answer. I just want to complain about the thread.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. Double meat thin crust pizza.

Votes: 15 34.1%

• Total voters

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
I've changed my opinion over the last week on vaccinations. There are clearly a lot of people who, for their own reasons, are going to refuse to get vaccinated. There's not a damn thing I can do about that, so I'm just trying to deal with reality here. So to make this as clear as I can:

1. I support your right to not get vaccinated.
2. I am against forcing you to get vaccinated.

There. Nice and clear. I figure the only way to get past this mess is to either get vaccinated or get sick and develop an immunity that way, if you don't die. I'll look at it like a controlled burn, where you just get rid of the wasted underbrush. Fine. We can all move on now. And, I won't even ask you to not spread this virus, especially to kids, since we're now seeing an increase in hospitalizations there. I know that asking you to at least be careful for them is an "attack" on your "freedom" and "liberty", and we all know how you feel about THAT.

There. You are free to exercise your freedom and your liberty, and the rest of us will get off your backs. In exchange, I will propose this fully free market compromise:

1. Any business is free to install and enforce mask mandates to protect their employees and patrons. If you don't like that, you are free to exercise your free market rights and shop at their competition.
2. Any hospital is free to (a) put voluntarily non-vaccinated COVID patients on a lower priority for both ICUs and private rooms so that regular patients with other problems can be served as they should be, and (b) charge whatever extra COVID fees they feel are appropriate, whether it is upon admission, on a daily basis, or both. In cash. Up front. A fully free market solution.

Can we agree? Vaxxers? Anti-Vaxxers?

I've changed my opinion over the last week on vaccinations. There are clearly a lot of people who, for their own reasons, are going to refuse to get vaccinated. There's not a damn thing I can do about that, so I'm just trying to deal with reality here. So to make this as clear as I can:

There. Nice and clear. I figure the only way to get past this mess is to either get vaccinated or get sick and develop an immunity that way, if you don't die. I'll look at it like a controlled burn, where you just get rid of the wasted underbrush. Fine. We can all move on now. And, I won't even ask you to not spread this virus, especially to kids, since we're now seeing an increase in hospitalizations there. I know that asking you to at least be careful for them is an "attack" on your "freedom" and "liberty", and we all know how you feel about THAT.

There. You are free to exercise your freedom and your liberty, and the rest of us will get off your backs. In exchange, I will propose this fully free market compromise:

1. Any business is free to install and enforce mask mandates to protect their employees and patrons. If you don't like that, you are free to exercise your free market rights and shop at their competition.
2. Any hospital is free to (a) put voluntarily non-vaccinated COVID patients on a lower priority for both ICUs and private rooms so that regular patients with other problems can be served as they should be, and (b) charge whatever extra COVID fees they feel are appropriate, whether it is upon admission, on a daily basis, or both. In cash. Up front. A fully free market solution.

gee thanks for your permission mac...

Its not a "compromise" at all. Its just an effort to push vaccines through charging extra to people who don't get the dam thing and expecting payment "up front" from those who don't.

It would be a "compromise" if you charged those who do get vaccines for their ICU bills at an inflated rate if they suffer ill effects from their shots. Although it would still be stupid.

I think first come first served in better

but if you want your pound of flesh dont forget to send illegal aliens to the very end of the line vaccinated or not

agreed?

Almost exactly how I view it. If I understand it correctly, any other threads which are similar, will get merged with this one? Do not care what people choose for themselves, or follow guidelines, I follow guidelines. Do not know if I will take it. I do not fear covid, so why get it. Just a hassle that costs money and time. On the other hand people are insitant on us getting it. To each their own. And your point is the only point in the covid issue. We should not demand of our fellow citizens. We should ask. As they mostly do in Europe.

Let me ask you to clarify #2. "I am against forcing you to get vaccinated.". What if Wells Fargo decided that you have to get vaccinated before you can work there or come in and do your banking (yes I know 99.9% can be done electronically but there are folks who don't do it that way and there are some things you have to do in person)? Are you for or against WF making your get vaccinated as an employee or an account holder?

Do I get to enact free market solutions on all the people who smoke and don't exercise? Exercising all the time is a lot harder than just getting a stupid little shot, and I can guarantee being sedentary has cost Americans A LOT MORE in health care costs over the years.

I want my money back too. MAC.

Hey USMB

How much bandwidth is taken up by Mac's Struggle Sessions

your compromise would work if not for the government pushing private companies to restrict people,,

How bout this compromise.

1. You get vaccinated so you're protected
2. Fuck off and don't worry about what anyone else does

Who's gonna tell Mac the vaccinated are still spreading

As usual Mac1958 sets up his usual catch 22 bullshit...Showing that his initial words don't mean squat...

He does absolutely care if YOU get vaxed, otherwise he wouldn't set up a punitive system to address those who don't....

Pathalogical liar.

Forum List

Back