POLL: If You Could Forgive a Debt Which Would You Chose?

If You Could Forgive a Government Debt Which Would it Be?

• 16 Trillion in Federal Reserve Loans to Foreign Countries

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mad Scientist

Feels Good!
Sep 15, 2008
If you had the power to do so which government debt would you forgive?

A. 850 Billion in Federal Student Loans.
B. 16 Trillion in Federal Reserve Loans to Foreign Banks.

This will be a public poll so everyone will be able to see your vote.

Last edited:
Forgive? Or simply write off as bad debt, clear the books, and move on?
If the latter, does the US continue making these loans knowing that there will be no return?

I got no problem with writing them all off, so long as there is never another loan made again.

Debt contracted to secure an asset that is supposed to grant a huge income to the recipient, which the recipient refuses to pay because they feel entitled? No way.

Debt contracted to secure an asset that is supposed to grant a huge income to the recipient, which the recipient refuses to pay because they feel entitled? No way.
You wouldn't forgive, or wipe off the balance sheet, 16 trillion in Federal Loans to foreign banks? You know the US taxpayer has to pay all that back right?

The Fed Audit - Newsroom: Bernie Sanders - U.S. Senator for Vermont
Audit the Fed

Why would you want the US Taxpayer to be saddled with that much debt when they got nothing in return? :confused:

I couldn't vote because the option of "none" wasn't there. A loan is a contract and you agree to pay it. Just because it is "hard" is no excuse.

Neither.

I would pay down our debts from the money we have borrowed form foreign country's and I would not forgive anyone who borrowed money from our govt in the process.

I can't vote in your poll, none of the 3 options are ones I would choose.

Neither.

I would pay down our debts from the money we have borrowed form foreign country's and I would not forgive anyone who borrowed money from our govt in the process.

But it's my poll and those are the only two you can chose from. C'mon you can do it! Which is better?:

Letting Students off the hook or Letting Taxpayers off the hook?

Neither.

But it's my poll and those are the only two you can chose from. C'mon you can do it! Which is better?:

Letting Students off the hook or Letting Taxpayers off the hook?

wait did you mean not repaying our 16trillion in debt?

I thought you meant allowing foreign countries that borrowed money from us to not pay it back.

If you mean telling all the countries we owe money to "to go screw" then, as long as we vastly build up our military first, i'm ok with it (since china will come get what they lent us)

The US Taxpayer is on the hook for 16 Trillion in debt that the Privately Owned Federal Reserve lent to foreign banks.

So which is it? Student Loans or Federal Reserve debt?

The US Taxpayer is on the hook for 16 Trillion in debt that the Privately Owned Federal Reserve lent to foreign banks.

So which is it? Student Loans or Federal Reserve debt?

you should have worded it "from other countries" not "to other countries" ;)

that makes your poll confusing.

I don't think either is the right corse of action...i guess I blame bush :lol:

I thought you meant allowing foreign countries that borrowed money from us to not pay it back.
Foreign countries borrowed money from the Privately Owned Federal Reserve, not us. But our elected leaders, under the Federal Reserve Act of 1913, made the US taxpayer responsible for all Federal Reserve debt, in this case at least 16 Trillion.

you should have worded it "from other countries" not "to other countries" ;) that makes your poll confusing.
What part of "The US Tax Payer is responsible for paying back the Privately Owned Federal Reserve debt" is confusing? The Privately Owned Federal Reserve makes loans TO foreign banks, THEN makes US pay it back! Got it?

Quick quiz for ya': Which of these is a Gov't Agency?

1. Federal Express
2. Federal Reserve

It's a trick question because neither of them are!

Forum List

Back