Poll: Cooling, Stable, Warming, AGW?

Poll: Cooling, Stable, Natural Warming, AGW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We are actually in a post INTERglacial cooling period. Despite that, we are warming up at a rate 7-10 times faster than any seen through the last million years and the last TWELVE glacial-interglacial cycles.

Statistically, the period 1910-1940 was the fastest ... 0.23ºC/decade ... the period 1980-2020 has been only 0.20ºC/decade ... [giggle] ... and falling ...

That makes you a LIAR ... and a sack of shit ...

"In about 1654, Ferdinando II de' Medici, Grand Duke of Tuscany (1610–1670) did produce such an instrument, the first modern-style thermometer, dependent on the expansion of a liquid and independent of air pressure." ...

Million years my ass ... stupid motherfucker ...

What was the first fastest 100+ year spike in CO2 barring Super-volcano activity?
(Temp and melt to follow)
`

What was the first fastest 100+ year spike in CO2 barring Super-volcano activity?
(Temp and melt to follow)
`

We only have one ... so pickings easy ...

We had a super-volcano recently destroy the road leading to the CO2 measuring equipment on Mauna Loa, largest volcano on Earth ... does that mess up our 100-year averages? ...

We only have one ... so pickings easy ...

We had a super-volcano recently destroy the road leading to the CO2 measuring equipment on Mauna Loa, largest volcano on Earth ... does that mess up our 100-year averages? ...
No. Did you think the scientists manning the Mauna Loa station failed to notice it? This is an old topic and you bringing it up is just another indication you've got nothing.

No. Did you think the scientists manning the Mauna Loa station failed to notice it? This is an old topic and you bringing it up is just another indication you've got nothing.

That facility is remotely operated ... stupid ... meteorologists are smart, they work from the beach ...

I got back with you about correlation ... how about your opinion of convergence zones and the pseudo-adiabatic processes that occur there ... weasel ...

That facility is remotely operated ... stupid ... meteorologists are smart, they work from the beach ...
The Keeling Curve is measured at the Mauna Loa Observatory. It looks like this:
mlo.jpg

While I do not doubt the CO2 data is transmitted to scientists elsewhere, the facility where it is recorded is most assuredly manned and they would most assuredly have noticed a volcanic eruption blocking their access road.
I got back with you about correlation ...
Did you? How long did it take you to look it up and educate yourself? Because I stopped looking for a response.
how about your opinion of convergence zones and the pseudo-adiabatic processes that occur there ...
The convergence zones I used to work with were a feature of marine acoustics but I won't bore you with that. What opinion do you think I should have? A pseudo adiabatic process for the most part is a simplifying assumption used in calculating effective lapse rates. What significance do you think it has?

The Keeling Curve is measured at the Mauna Loa Observatory. It looks like this:
mlo.jpg

While I do not doubt the CO2 data is transmitted to scientists elsewhere, the facility where it is recorded is most assuredly manned and they would most assuredly have noticed a volcanic eruption blocking their access road.

Did you? How long did it take you to look it up and educate yourself? Because I stopped looking for a response.

The convergence zones I used to work with were a feature of marine acoustics but I won't bore you with that. What opinion do you think I should have? A pseudo adiabatic process for the most part is a simplifying assumption used in calculating effective lapse rates. What significance do you think it has?

Climate ... stupid ... I said simple correlation is mathematical up-or-down ... "how do you measure correlation?" was the question ... I know you didn't answer ... because you're stupid ...

Yeah ... try again ... there's no thermal convection zones in the ocean since there's no thermal convection ... my question was why the pseudo-adiabatic processes are important at the convergence zones ... how does this transfer energy from Earth's surface to outer space without the energy entering it's radiative phase? ...

I know, this proves you're lying about climate change ... so you won't answer ...

Last edited:
The look you get when your thread does not go the way you planned ...

mad-woman-with-sewing-machine.jpg

It uses a fugalcrank.

My widowed sister-in-law had one of these ... no electric service where she lived at the time ... she was good, could whip out a hem almost as fast as an one of these fancy-pants new-fangled 'lectric machines ... kept herself and six fatherless children in clothes ... on the cheap ...

Since when have we been measuring sea surface temperature to a tenth of a degree? ... between 60ºS and 60ºN? ...

Nonsense ... this is cooked data ... shame on you for posting it ...

You are a fucking idiot.

How accurate is the Argo data?​

The temperatures in the Argo profiles are accurate to ± 0.002°C and pressures are accurate to ± 2.4dbar. For salinity, there are two answers. The data delivered in real time are sometimes affected by sensor drift. For many floats this drift is small, and the uncorrected salinities are accurate to ± .01 psu. At a later stage, salinities are corrected by expert examination, comparing older floats with newly deployed instruments and with ship-based data. Corrections are made both for identified sensor drift and for a thermal lag error, which can result when the float ascends through a region of strong temperature gradients. See Wong, et al 2023 for further information on possible salinity bias in the dataset. *

Last edited:
Reiny? No comment on that? No retraction of your accusation that Jessica Stormlover had posted "cooked data"? That's what a decent human being would do.

Forum List

Back