CDZ POLL: An Abortion Kills a Child

POLL: An Abortion Kills a Child

• Total voters

Chuz Life

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2015
USA
Reminder.

1. This thread is in the CDZ; ALL CDZ rules apply.
2. You can change your answers at any time.
3. All sides are invited to present any and all evidence to support their views.
4. Posts and responses are asked to be confined to the subject of this OP. "Does and abortion kill a child, or not?"
5. For Reference, this thread and poll is in reference to abortions and the biology of HUMAN beings, only.
6. This thread is NOT about whether or not abortions "SHOULD" be legal or illegal. It is ONLY about whether or not an abortion kills a child.

Reminder.

3. All sides are invited to present any and all evidence to support their views.
4. Posts and responses are asked to be confined to the subject of this OP. "Does and abortion kill a child, or not?"
5. For Reference, this thread and poll is in reference to abortions and the biology of HUMAN beings, only.
6. This thread is NOT about whether or not abortions "SHOULD" be legal or illegal. It is ONLY about whether or not an abortion kills a child.

Of course an abortion kills a child, that's why I voted:

1590511180911.png

How do you justify no death penalty regardless of how many people a person has killed yet kill a baby or fetus?

And where is the scientific evidence of awareness?

Isn’t this really about a conversation about it’s all about me?
About using abortion as birth control?
About using abortion as birth control so we are not inconvenienced with dealing with adoption or a child?

Any thoughts?

Reminder.

Of course an abortion kills a child, that's why I voted:

View attachment 341196

Thanks.

Please feel free to share your logic, basis, etc that you use to support your conclusion.

Reminder.

YES, it most certainly DOES kill a living, breathing, human CHILD. The End.

How do you justify no death penalty regardless of how many people a person has killed yet kill a baby or fetus?

And where is the scientific evidence of awareness?

Isn’t this really about a conversation about it’s all about me?
About using abortion as birth control?
About using abortion as birth control so we are not inconvenienced with dealing with adoption or a child?

Any thoughts?

Off Topic and reported. READ THE OP.
I was simply asking the questions.

Reminder.

YES, it most certainly DOES kill a living, breathing, human CHILD. The End.

I could never murder my child In Utero like these other women do, it's a thing that is alien to me on ALL levels, their cold heart and TOTALLY being devoid of any conscious when doing this is something I can't comprehend on ANY level. The only exceptions I can comprehend are if the woman is raped or her life is at risk and then I can see why the decision to have an abortion is made and I would say for those exceptions I am in support for psychological reasons and life-saving of the woman reasons.

Using Abortion as a means of Contraception is murder, pre-meditated because it's not an accident, they know EXACTLY what they are doing and they should be treated how anyone is who kills a child, there should be no difference between killing a child In Utero and killing a born child, they should be arrested and get the same punishment in both cases.
Fantastic post, Lucy. Thank you.

Opposition to abortion is based in part on the assumption that personhood is achieved at or shortly after fertilization of the egg. This interpretation of personhood arises from a contemporary application of the ancient doctrine of preformationism, a doctrine which holds that there is a preformed individual, in an ontological sense, within the developing entity. The assumption that the fertilized egg is unique in its capacity to develop into a human being is at least in part responsible for the opinions of those opposed to abortion. Yet, the uniqueness of the zygote in its capacity to develop into an adult organism is qualified by the discovery that development may be possible in a number of other ways. Consideration of the phenomena of cloning, parthenogenesis and chimerism can relieve moral ambiguity about abortion and may reduce opposition to that practice.

I believe an abortion ends a life. I don’t have any scientific mumbo jumbo to trot out or any great theological or philosophical manual to shake in people’s faces.

I just feel that it is a life.

When I imagined what this CDZ thread would be like, I actually imagined a back and forth INFORMATIVE discussion. . . Where one person would post "I believe and abortion kills a child, BECAUSE. . . " Then, the other side might / would respond in kind.

I can not imagine why that is too much to ask.

JFC
Here, I honesty thought the derailing would come from abortion proponents.

I do not see where the thread has been derailed but as you are this sensitive I will now exclude myself completely from the thread. No more participation from me. IF you are this sensitive I will delete all my responses from the thread also.

WTF?! Way to both kill a thread and make a thread VERY narrow and boring by having such a narrow thing as Yes or No.

When I imagined what this CDZ thread would be like, I actually imagined a back and forth INFORMATIVE discussion. . . Where one person would post "I believe and abortion kills a child, BECAUSE. . . " Then, the other side might / would respond in kind.

I think the thread premise has hit a stumbling block because both sides of the argument know full, and well that it is a human child growing in the womb. The greater debate has usually been about one single party being allowed to play judge jury, and executioner; or not.

I have deleted all my posts except my first post. I certainly was not derailing a thread by posting what I thought were pretty good comments about this topic from my Pro-Life perspective. I deleted these posts because you went all Sensitive Snowflake, so happy now? Good. Have a nice life or whatever.

I have deleted all my posts except my first post. I certainly was not derailing a thread by posting what I thought were pretty good comments about this topic from my Pro-Life perspective. I deleted these posts because you went all Sensitive Snowflake, so happy now? Good. Have a nice life or whatever.

Lucy Hamilton . I appreciate your views and your input, regardless of anything else.

I certainly did not intend to offend.

Reminder.

The question should be about if it takes a life...by using "child" it leaves semantical wiggle room, the argument will then get bogged down in fetus is/is not a child making the intent of the poll near impossible to achieve.

I voted no
child noun, often attributive
Save Word
To save this word, you'll need to log in.

\ ˈchī(-ə)ld \
plural children\ ˈchil-drən , -dərn \
Definition of child (Entry 1 of 3)
1a: a young person especially between infancy and puberty

Lucy Hamilton . I appreciate your views and your input, regardless of anything else.

I certainly did not intend to offend.

I was just attempting to suggest the thread should be expanded outside of the narrow Yes or No thing, the way it is it is very difficult to have any debate because both sides are just going to keep saying:

Yes abortion is killing a child because it is human from the point of conception.

No abortion is not killing a child because it's not a child or a human it's just a collection of random cells.

So with the above Yes or No situation it leaves no actual room for any debate and the thread is in the Clean Debate Zone which is specifically the section to encourage debate. How can anyone debate from either side when one side will say Yes and give the type of reasoning I illustrate above and the other side will say No and give the type of reasoning I illustrate above. It's not as if any minds can be changed on either side as both sides are very concrete and there is no room for any discussion on this and when in other threads we have had attempted discussion on just the Does Life Begin At Conception - because that IS what this Yes or No answer on killing is - the whole thing just descends into name calling etc

Forum List

Back