Politico: Will America Now Have a Pravda?

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Now they ask. With Breitbart.com’s Steve Bannon now in a seat of White House power, Donald Trump will have a weapon no president has ever wielded, Jack Shafer claims at Politico.
Will America Now Have a Pravda?

OK...

WTF is "alt-right",

who made it up,

and how severely should they be horse whipped?

I'm thinking several hits past death.

Last edited:
FOX reports the news , I am not interested in their fair and balanced as I just want to hear current events Eloy .

America has its Pravda; it is called FOX News.

Au contraire.

I recall watching the network news, back in the 60s and 70s when that was all there was, and remarking how similar they were to one another.

When you performed the old fashioned version of channel surfing, it was clear that the story lineup was the same, they were presented at the same time within the broadcasts, and all were presented from the same point of view.

I only watch the broadcast networks these days for a lark. I suspect they are much the same as they were in previous decades.

FOX reports the news , I am not interested in their fair and balanced as I just want to hear current events Eloy .
But FOX distorts the news by the way it chooses what to report, the spin it uses, the guest commentators they interview, and the time devoted to promoting conservatism. In the end, their version of news becomes lies.

America has its Pravda; it is called FOX News.

Au contraire.

I recall watching the network news, back in the 60s and 70s when that was all there was, and remarking how similar they were to one another.

When you performed the old fashioned version of channel surfing, it was clear that the story lineup was the same, they were presented at the same time within the broadcasts, and all were presented from the same point of view.

I only watch the broadcast networks these days for a lark. I suspect they are much the same as they were in previous decades.
American broadcast news has become an entertainment show and the American populace are ill-informed as a result.

yeah , pretty much but you I for example get my news from FOX and others and them I look for further info on news on events that matter to me . I have no idea what can be a better process Eloy .

But FOX distorts the news by the way it chooses what to report, the spin it uses, the guest commentators they interview, and the time devoted to promoting conservatism. In the end, their version of news becomes lies.
------------------------------------------ I get the HINT on whats going on worldwide by FOX and others and then I look around on the net for further news . I don't know of any other way . In addition I used to go to foreign message boards for news and current events if they communicated in English but once an American starts talking American point of view I was usually banned Eloy .

------------------------------------------ I get the HINT on whats going on worldwide by FOX and others and then I look around on the net for further news . I don't know of any other way . In addition I used to go to foreign message boards for news and current events if they communicated in English but once an American starts talking American point of view I was usually banned Eloy .
I get news from Channel 4 News (based in England) and THE TIMES newspaper.

Most of them do. Singling one out like that makes you sound like a dumbfuck hack. JS

I suspect that the most strident critics of Fox News are people who never watch Fox News.

In my opinion, Fox was very protective of Bush/Cheney. That changed when Obama was elected. Then it was CNN, NBC and CBS who became pravda.

Will FOX revert to apologist mode? I don't know. Trump is sort of a new media guy. He got into an open war with Fox over the debates. Fox may have held the most grilling debate from Trump's perspective.

Besides that, Fox is an evolving format. They've always had their Juan Williamses, liberal representatives on group discussion panels. Of late, I think they've tried to appeal to a wider audience. That strategy includes hiring people like James Carville, Tamara Holder and Kirstin Powers.

On the other side, ""MSNBC’s programming, which airs more opinion than any other news network, reaching a tipping point of “too much liberal outrage.” Fox’s approach is more nuanced," says Dylan Byers of Politico.

I suspect that the most strident critics of Fox News are people who never watch Fox News.

In my opinion, Fox was very protective of Bush/Cheney. That changed when Obama was elected. Then it was CNN, NBC and CBS who became pravda.

Will FOX revert to apologist mode? I don't know. Trump is sort of a new media guy. He got into an open war with Fox over the debates. Fox may have held the most grilling debate from Trump's perspective.

Besides that, Fox is an evolving format. They've always had their Juan Williamses, liberal representatives on group discussion panels. Of late, I think they've tried to appeal to a wider audience. That strategy includes hiring people like James Carville, Tamara Holder and Kirstin Powers.

On the other side, ""MSNBC’s programming, which airs more opinion than any other news network, reaching a tipping point of “too much liberal outrage.” Fox’s approach is more nuanced," says Dylan Byers of Politico.
FOX News is propaganda ... nothing else.

Have you watch Fox News lately? If not, you lack credibility. If so, give me an example of propaganda.

Have you watch Fox News lately? If not, you lack credibility. If so, give me an example of propaganda.
I never watch FOX News. All my news channels are close to each other so, when flipping from CNN to France 24, I go through FOX and I often see what liberal or Democrat they are lambasting or what right-wing conservative or Republican they are promoting or defending. Most recently, I saw Bill O'Reilly calling names of the protesters against Trump's election success. Typical, I thought to myself.

Gee, thank God MSDNC, Clinton News Network, National Panhandler Radio, ABC, NBC, CBS, et al simply report the news with zero distortions, huh?

Forum List

Back