Politicians using their opponents religion / religious view against them

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
Show your examples of politicians attempting to use their opponents' religious beliefs against them.

My first example is Alan Grayson (D) trying that number on Dan Webster (R). Taking a religious statement Webster made out of context to present it as 180 degrees opposite of how Webster actually used it.

As I recall in 2008 the left told us where one prayed, what religious group they belonged to and what religious leader they followed did not matter. Ohh wait, that only applies to Barrack Obama. My bad.

As I recall in 2008 the left told us where one prayed, what religious group they belonged to and what religious leader they followed did not matter. Ohh wait, that only applies to Barrack Obama. My bad.

it still doesn't matter... UNLESS SOMEONE WANTS TO IMPOSE THEIR BELIEFS ON OTHERS...

personally, i'm not the one who cares that mitt is a mormon... you have to chat that up with the rabid religious right.

it still doesn't matter... UNLESS SOMEONE WANTS TO IMPOSE THEIR BELIEFS ON OTHERS...

personally, i'm not the one who cares that mitt is a mormon... you have to chat that up with the rabid religious right.
I've seen at least three posts today from the ... ahem ... 'rabid left' about Romney being a Mormon. That's just today and just what I've seen.

Just wanted to give you a bit of reality. You seem to lack it lately.

I've seen at least three posts today from the ... ahem ... 'rabid left' about Romney being a Mormon. That's just today and just what I've seen.

and what did they say? did they say the repubs wouldn't vote for him because he's a mormon? that's true... the "base" hates him. or did they say *they* wouldn't vote for him b/c he's a mormon.

i look forward to seeing these purposed bigots.

Is sorely and surely lacking it.
In my personal AND business dealings with Mormons over the last thirty years, the vast majority put Country first, and rarely bring up their religion, unless one mentions it first. And then, many will not comment even after it has been brought up.....and rightly so.

and what did they say? did they say the repubs wouldn't vote for him because he's a mormon? that's true... the "base" hates him. or did they say *they* wouldn't vote for him b/c he's a mormon.

i look forward to seeing these purposed bigots.
Oh, now there are conditions on religious bigotry? That's pretty funny, sort of like truthmatters being OK with racism from the OWS protesters, today.

Nah, I'll just go with plain-old blatant bigotry.

Dot com and BBoob have been very active with their bigotry about Mormons today.

Apparently your partisan blinders will need surgical intervention for removal if you think the left has no bigots. ;)

Last edited:

True.

Romney’s perfectly capable of making decisions independent of his religion.

The problem with Romney isn’t his faith, it’s his trying to be a conservative when he’s actually a liberal.

I have known a district court judge here in Vegas for 20+ years. She headed the local Las Vegas chapter of the DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution) when she was just a fledgling prosecuting attorney years and years before she even ran for a judgeship.
For this and many other examples of Mormons I know, I don't question their love of Country as regards their religion.
And I do not understand why anyone else would, unless they are working out of politically expedient stereotypes.

True.

Romney’s perfectly capable of making decisions independent of his religion.

The problem with Romney isn’t his faith, it’s his trying to be a conservative when he’s actually a liberal.

he's not a liberal. he's a moderate. he's only a 'liberal' compared to the rightwingnuts that have hijacked the republican party.

Guess you missed the poll that stated that 40 some percent of democrats would not vote for a Mormon while all other parties were under 20 percent. But then you also argue that the 1st Amendment does not grant a right to freedom of speech.

Forum List

Back