Politicians must be on drugs. Amen and Awoman

Sounds like a corny joke. I like corny jokes, but it was not intended to be a joke, corny or otherwise.
Who said it wasn't a joke? I've been chuckling about it all day.
I suppose it could of been a joke, but that opens a different can of worms. Is a prayer before congress marking the swearing in swearing in of the 117th congress the proper time for such a corny joke? I would think that the House Chaplin would take his job and prayers to God more seriously.
I think you're digging deep to find stuff to criticize a Dem for. Ain't no worms in that can. Don't go all Puritan on us.

Perhaps because of the committee wanting gender neutral language?

If passed the rules would replace terms such as "mother," "father," "daughter," "son," "sister" and "brother" with "parent," "child" and "sibling," respectively. Examples of other terms include the replacement of "chairman" with "chair" and "seaman" with "seafarer."

I am waiting for those who choose to be offended that he apparently noted men as plural as opposed to the singular woman. Horrors! He must have been secretly insisting that the plural makes men more powerful (and therefore superior to) the woman.

"Amen" means "So be it." It is gender neutral on its own. I suggest he join a sewing circle and get everyone to agree that "sew be it" is vastly unfair to those who knit, and therefore let's change the meaning of the word to "knit bee IT!" It would make as much sense, and is just as funny (meaning not at all).
It's still a joke, brought on by all the discussion of this rule being hammered out.
We are just finding out who are the Christians and who are not. Adversity is tough and courage is needed by those who are uplifted. He failed.

Sounds like a corny joke. I like corny jokes, but it was not intended to be a joke, corny or otherwise.
I suppose it could of been a joke, but that opens a different can of worms. Is a prayer before congress marking the swearing in swearing in of the 117th congress the proper time for such a corny joke? I would think that the House Chaplin would take his job and prayers to God more seriously.
I think you're digging deep to find stuff to criticize a Dem for. Ain't no worms in that can. Don't go all Puritan on us.
Not hard to criticize this non religous praying idiot. Brainless has never been better identified. This was no joke. This was just pure stupidity on display

It's still a joke, brought on by all the discussion of this rule being hammered out.
Disagree. Most people of faith take their petitions to God very seriously. To ask for a blessing and then say, "Just joking" is not the way the community ends a prayer. Think of any other serious occasion where you think it is appropriate for someone to begin joking around. It's in bad taste. When it comes to prayer, it is irreverent, something a prayer should never be.

Maybe the Amen Awoman is not meant to be serious? Maybe a joke?
What other prayers asking for a blessing should close with a joke? It would actually be best if the chaplain were serious. Ignorant, but serious.

I couldn't agree more. At the least, such malarky demonstrates their abject, total ignorance. At worst, their drive to destroy all things that do not fit into their insane narrative.
Can I get an "Awomen"!

Sadly, that was another example of his ignorance. Like most elected Democrats, he's a stupid, ignorant man and just plain didn't know any better. Sad...

Rep. Cleaver has a Masters of Divinity degree, maybe his remarks are consistent with United Methodist theology?
Unfortunately, the United Methodist church has been under the influence of liberals for a very long time. This actually brought about a major split in the 1930's. They don't tend believe in a 6 day creation. They helped to propagate the swoon theory. They suggested that the virgin Mary may not have been such. Except for some old timers, that church has been splitting hairs for decades in a vain attempt to remain "valid for the modern man".

1610465761808.png

perhaps the history of persecution and victimization of the innocent is coming to an end ... whatever changes are made will be better than the past, a new beginning is long overdue.

to correct their misguided christian bible is their only hope for who remain in its clutches.

Forum List

Back