Politically correct hate speech against Romani people

Mortimer

Gold Member
On 5 September 2012, prominent Canadian conservative commentator Ezra Levant broadcast a commentary "The Jew vs. the Gypsies" on J-Source in which he accused the Romani people of being a group of criminals: "These are gypsies, a culture synonymous with swindlers. The phrase gypsy and cheater have been so interchangeable historically that the word has entered the English language as a verb: he gypped me. Well the gypsies have gypped us. Too many have come here as false refugees. And they come here to gyp us again and rob us blind as they have done in Europe for centuries.… They’re gypsies. And one of the central characteristics of that culture is that their chief economy is theft and begging."

Coming from a mainsteam conservative Ashkenazi Jewish commentator, if he said that about anyone else he would be censored for hate speech.

Is he making a statement of personal opinion or simply restating a historical fact? I read a work of fiction awhile back by the author ROBERT MASELLO called "NIGHT CROSSING" and learned for the first time that Jews AND Gypsies were both slandered with the belief that they were responsible for Christ's crucifixion. Something about "selling the nails to the Romans" that were used in the crucifixion. I'd never heard of that before. The author also made the claim that the Roma were traceable back to the Indian Subcontinent.

Is he making a statement of personal opinion or simply restating a historical fact? I read a work of fiction awhile back by the author ROBERT MASELLO called "NIGHT CROSSING" and learned for the first time that Jews AND Gypsies were both slandered with the belief that they were responsible for Christ's crucifixion. Something about "selling the nails to the Romans" that were used in the crucifixion. I'd never heard of that before. The author also made the claim that the Roma were traceable back to the Indian Subcontinent.

He is making a statement of opinion he says "the gypsies came here as false refugees and they are here to robb us and gypp us" so that means he is attacking roma refugees, but I guess roma refugees from eastern europe no matter how hard their struggle might be in eastern europe, are not from war zones, so are really fake refugees or economic refugees. Canada deported them all though anyways.

I wouldn't doubt it coming from Canada.

Trudump has poisoned everybody in that country, just like the DNC has poisoned this country.
Truderp has been heard many times slandering native Canadians, as well as the indigenous people from North America. He's spewed his hatred of them in the press and in TV interviews. Then turns around and acts like he never said anything wrong. Just like the DementocRats here in the USA.

Thanks for the link.. So -- Jews and Romanis BOTH heavily persecuted. And the wikipage is a history Anti-Romani actions and comments over CENTURIES. And the DOZENS of countries and other groups that slandered them and perseciuted/expelled them..

Got ONE QUESTION -- Why is it out of all that SORDID persecution history, you picked the ONE JEWISH person from Canada mentioned in all history?????

Thanks for the link.. So -- Jews and Romanis BOTH heavily persecuted. And the wikipage is a history Anti-Romani actions and comments over CENTURIES. And the DOZENS of countries and other groups that slandered them and perseciuted/expelled them..

Got ONE QUESTION -- Why is it out of all that SORDID persecution history, you picked the ONE JEWISH person from Canada mentioned in all history?????

Because the others are neo-nazis like Franz Fuchs in Austria, or the Bulgarian skinheads. The jewish person is prominent and counts as moderate and mainstream conservative. and If a jews says it it is more politically correct. Thats why I titled it politically correct hate speech. And Borat is another jew who slanders roma. And most media is owned by jews, and the media is anti-roma, like hollywood, and most media in the west, and it is owned by jews.

Because the others are neo-nazis like Franz Fuchs in Austria, or the Bulgarian skinheads. The jewish person is prominent and counts as moderate and mainstream conservative. and If a jews says it it is more politically correct.

None of that is really true. And being "politically correct" is not really any kind of real advantage over common sense or reason. You missed NORWAY and 5 other MODERATE non-NAZI countries to find that ONE Jewish "opinion". How much influence do you think he got outside of his Canadian province?

None of that is really true. And being "politically correct" is not really any kind of real advantage over common sense or reason. You missed NORWAY and 5 other MODERATE non-NAZI countries to find that ONE Jewish "opinion". How much influence do you think he got outside of his Canadian province?

Ok, maybe Im not right, I dont hate jews, it just stuck me as kinda the worst, because unexpected. I mean nazis are expected to do it and I hate them.

So Mortimer, Again -- why did you skip a thousand years of history of Romani persecution and all these MODERATE states with SYSTEMIC persecution of Romanis --- to find an "opinion" piece by ONE Canadian Jew???
\

Norway[edit]​

In Norway, Romani, in common with other marginalised groups, were sterilised by the state, a practice which continued until 1977. In the period 1934-1977 a total of 125 sterilisations were performed on Romanis in Norway, accounting for 0.00288% of the total number of documented sterilisations. [118][119]

Anti-Romanyism in Norway flared up in July 2012, when roughly 200 Romani people settled outside Sofienberg church in Oslo and were later relocated to a building site at Årvoll, in northern Oslo. The group was subjected to hate crimes in the form of stone throwing and fireworks being aimed at and fired into their camp. They, and Norwegians trying to assist them in their situation, also received death threats.[120] Siv Jensen, the leader of the right-wing Progress Party, also advocated the expulsion of the Romani people resident in Oslo.[121]

New Zealand[edit]​

The Great Replacement manifesto by Christchurch mosques shooter Brenton Harrison Tarrant described Roma/Travellers as one of the non-Europeans alongside African, Indian, Turkish, and Semitic (Jewish and Arab) peoples that the shooter wanted to be removed from Europe.[125]

United Kingdom[edit]​

According to the LGBT rights organisation and charity Stonewall, anti-Romanyism exists in the UK, with a distinction made between Romani people and Irish Travellers (both of whom are commonly known by the exonym "gypsies" in the UK), and the so-called "travellers [and] modern Gypsies".[126] In 2008, the British media reported that Roma & Travellers experience a higher degree of discrimination than any other ethnic group in the UK, including asylum-seekers. A Mori poll showed that a third of respondents admitted to being prejudiced against Roma & Travellers.[127]

Thousands of retrospective planning permissions are granted in Britain in cases involving non-Romani applicants each year, and statistics showed that 90% of planning applications by Romanis and Irish Travellers are initially refused by local councils compared with a national average of 20% for other applicants.[128] Some travellers have argued that the root of the problem was that many traditional stopping places had been barricaded off and that legislation passed by the previous Conservative governments had effectively criminalised their community. For example, some travellers have claimed that removing local authorities' responsibility to provide sites for travellers leaves them with no option but to purchase unregistered new sites themselves.[129]

So Mortimer, Again -- why did you skip a thousand years of history of Romani persecution and all these MODERATE states with SYSTEMIC persecution of Romanis --- to find an "opinion" piece by ONE Canadian Jew???
\

That sounds as if Im anti-jew but Im not. I have no clear idea, why I did that, maybe because he is prominent and it is canada in the 21st century, canada is very liberal. But I agree about Norway.

Thanks that is positive. I didnt know that, that gives me hope back. And it is good that the jewish community condemned it, I usually like jews.

I'd join you in condemning persecution of Romanis. But not by generalizing and selecting out another over - persecuted group. You should talk about the TOTAL history of this and how it STILL REMAINS..

Hate crime investigation launched surrounding Ezra Levant broadcast​

October 24, 2012

:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back