Political Science Survey: How has the image of America been affected from the election of Trump?

emmahirschy

Rookie
Jan 17, 2017
Hey guys I am currently working on a survey for my final project in my political science class. If you could, please help me out by answering these questions, that would be great.
1. What is your political affiliation?
2. How do you think the image of America has been affected after President-elect Donald Trump won the 2016 Presidential Election?
3. In which ways do you think the image of America will change after inauguration day, on January 20th?
4. How do you think the rest of the world will react if Trump restores positive relations with Russia, since most of our allies are against Russia's involvement in the middle east?
5. Overall, has the image of America been affected positively or negatively?

Thanks so much. Emma

I think you are at the wrong place. The people here simply swear at each other and call each other stupid. They for the most part will not take you seriously.
However, for what it's worth I will answer your survey

1. Dem
2. The country will become more divided.
3. Some governments will be frightened of Trump. Others won't take him seriously. He will have a poor image.
4. It's hard to see what positive relations might be. I seriously think Putin has a hold on Trump and Trump in some way is beholden to Putin
5. As I said before. Negatively.

Last edited:
1. Independent

2. Companies have changed their tune about sending jobs to other countries and Soros lost money when our economy didn't start collapsing as he had hoped. Israel seems relieved. The hostility towards Trump and the American people who supported him seem to be mainly coming from the left and not the rest of the world. Mexico is clearly unhappy about losing jobs and having the border secured.

3. Remains to be seen but more leaders seem to be willing to repair relations.

4. In the past, restoring relations with countries was viewed as a positive thing. Reset button, anyone? I find it strange that the same people who supported Obama destroying relations with our allies, like Israel, are now pretending to care. They supported Obama taking the Muslim Brotherhood off the terror list and started treating them like a legitimate government. He continued to praise the Cuban president. He was harsh with allies and friendly with enemies. Before the election, the left said the world will love us again. After the election, the left said we shouldn't care what other countries think of us. We need to stand by allies but cannot simply ignore enemies and assume they'll leave us alone. We shouldn't trust them, the way Obama does Iran and other radical Muslims, but we shouldn't start trouble, either.

5. Overall, so far I'd say positive though some are doing their best to paint a different picture. Some media is only reporting things they find critical of Trump, such as the protesters and any nasty remarks. It's not the complete picture.

1. My political affiliation is Monarchist as long as I'm the monarch.
2. Some that liked us now worry, some that hated us now look more favorably on us, some will try to take advantage of us, same as what happens when every new president is elected.
3. How will our image change? Won't know until it happens (my crystal ball is in the shop for repairs).
4. Again, my crystal ball is in for repairs.
5. The image of America will remain both positive and negative depending on who one talks to.

Hey guys I am currently working on a survey for my final project in my political science class. If you could, please help me out by answering these questions, that would be great.
2. How do you think the image of America has been affected after President-elect Donald Trump won the 2016 Presidential Election?
3. In which ways do you think the image of America will change after inauguration day, on January 20th?
4. How do you think the rest of the world will react if Trump restores positive relations with Russia, since most of our allies are against Russia's involvement in the middle east?

Thanks so much. Emma
1. think for myself
2. not sure honestly. He is an embarrassment but our image was already tainted by the last two war mongering jokes in office
3. probably not much than the day before
4.I don't care. If they are against having Russia as an ally, they seem stupid. We should try to be friends with everyone.
5. idk
I don't see much difference between questions 2 and 5. Seems redundant

None.

Much for the better. No more getting screwed with bad trade deals and no more neocon military policy of intervention in the middle east and elsewhere that creates refugees. But the savage Muslims must be destroyed at this point as a result of Butthurt Obama and Crooked Hillary.

It will be much better just for the fact we will have a president who is America first, not neocon douchebag first. Plus, the image is a much more Presidential looking couple.

"Most of our allies" are neocon governments who seek to destroy the West with their policy to allow the invasion of Europe with Muslim savages. Russia should be our main ally at this point. If the USA joined Russia in the 1980's, there would have never been a Taliban.

Positively. If the government is a living organism, all the parasites and diseased cells are falling away and scratching and clawing as they no longer have their grip on the host.

Thanks so much. Emma

1. Independent
2. It has been tarnished because the country elected an online troll as President.
3. People will fear and laugh at the U.S. at the same time. They will fear that Trump is so thin skinned and hot headed he could do something dangerous, yet they will laugh at the fact that the U.S. is now so dysfunctional.
4. The rest of the world will simply state their displeasure and then turtle for the rest of the 4 years until Trump is voted out of office.
5. It has most definitely been negative.

Thanks so much. Emma

1. Independent

:lmao:

Thanks so much. Emma
You first, Ms. Emma.....

Thanks so much. Emma
You first, Ms. Emma.....
1. I am a republican.
2. In no way, shape, or form has this past election resulted in positive outlooks from countries across the world. Do not get me wrong here, I support Trump's policies; however, I am very aware that to many, this election was disappointing due to Trump's behavior. As of right now, I would say that the image of America is negative since we have seen other countries making it clear to the US that they will not stand for the mistreatment of minorities in the United States.
3. The first one hundred days of the Trump presidency will be crucial for the overall image of America. If Trump hold true to what he said he will do, I think that could be very beneficial. On the other hand, if he does not, then that could be an issue.
4. Since most of our allies don't like the Russian involvement in the middle east, I don't think they will be too pleased. However, I don't think that restoring a friendly relationship with Russia will cause for them to start a world war against two of the biggest countries, both size wise and military wise. I would assume other countries would become worried and negative.
5. As of now, negative.

Political Science Survey: How has the image of America been affected from the election of Trump?

It hasn't been affected much at all by Trump's election, since he hasn't even become President yet.

But our image has been tarnished a lot by the whining crybabies on both side of the aisle, who just can't accept the outcome of the election. We've had more screams of "The sky is falling!!" than we have in my memory. And the rest of the world is undoubtedly laughing at us and wondering why this once-great nation has become a nursery school for spoiled brats who throw mindless temper tantrums when they don't get their way.

Last edited:

Thanks so much. Emma

1. None. Anarcho-capitalist who doesn't vote.

2. I need more information. In whose eyes?

3. Ditto.

4. Why should we care? If those "allies" are so against Russia being involved in the ME, let them go ahead and stick their noses in the meat grinder.

5. See #2.

1. Independent

2. Companies have changed their tune about sending jobs to other countries and Soros lost money when our economy didn't start collapsing as he had hoped. Israel seems relieved. The hostility towards Trump and the American people who supported him seem to be mainly coming from the left and not the rest of the world. Mexico is clearly unhappy about losing jobs and having the border secured.

3. Remains to be seen but more leaders seem to be willing to repair relations.

4. In the past, restoring relations with countries was viewed as a positive thing. Reset button, anyone? I find it strange that the same people who supported Obama destroying relations with our allies, like Israel, are now pretending to care. They supported Obama taking the Muslim Brotherhood off the terror list and started treating them like a legitimate government. He continued to praise the Cuban president. He was harsh with allies and friendly with enemies. Before the election, the left said the world will love us again. After the election, the left said we shouldn't care what other countries think of us. We need to stand by allies but cannot simply ignore enemies and assume they'll leave us alone. We shouldn't trust them, the way Obama does Iran and other radical Muslims, but we shouldn't start trouble, either.

5. Overall, so far I'd say positive though some are doing their best to paint a different picture. Some media is only reporting things they find critical of Trump, such as the protesters and any nasty remarks. It's not the complete picture.
You just saved me from typing all that out. Thanks!

I'm confident we'll see things improve with a Trump administration.

Thanks so much. Emma

1. Independent

:lmao:

I laughed out loud at the "independent" part too.

I think you are at the wrong place. The people here simply swear at each other and call each other stupid. They for the most part will not take you seriously.
However, for what it's worth I will answer your survey

1. Dem
2. The country will become more divided.
3. Some governments will be frightened of Trump. Others won't take him seriously. He will have a poor image.
4. It's hard to see what positive relations might be. I seriously think Putin has a hold on Trump and Trump in some way is beholden to Putin
5. As I said before. Negatively.

You're fucking stupid! :lol: (hey, you practically begged for it.)

1. Shouldn't that be "dim?"
  2. The great divider of the last 8 years already has the nation on the brink of civil war. That the leftist scum are acting out is not a sign of greater division, just the manifestation of what Obama has cultivated.
  3. The same was said of Reagan, who is now regarded as one of the greatest, That you hate Trump is not the basis for our image.
  4. Conspiracy theories to explain butthurt by those controlled by foreign powers such as George Soros are ironic, yet moronic.
  5. We have a weak president who has kowtowed to thugs across the globe. A president with a spine is a welcome change.

Thanks so much. Emma
1 No affiliation.

2 Obama has been such a great disappointment to our allies and regarded with such contempt by our adversaries that while many are anxious about Trump, I think our allies are optimistic about renewed US leadership in the world and our adversaries are worried that they will have to tow the line.

3 It will change dramatically. Obama had no coherent foreign policy in any section of the globe, so there has been a lack of US leadership, except in spurts on limited issues, for eight years. Trump has very clear ideas of what he hopes to accomplish and America will once again be seen as the strong and assertive leader of the free world.

4 Russia's expansion into eastern Europe and the ME is due entirely to the lack of US leadership in these volatile areas, so if Trump is able to negotiate agreements with Putin that will end the fighting in these areas, our allies will be delighted.

5 Our friends are cautiously optimistic about the Trump Presidency and our enemies/adversaries are worried.

First, who gives a shit of what the rest of the world thinks. What have they done over the previous 200 years in the advancement of technology, medical research, science, and individual freedom?
Second, I find this rather amusing in that the same game and statements were made when Reagan won.
Face it the political establishment, both left and right had their butt handed to them, a just reward for all the lies, cronyism, and broken promises.
One can only hope that something can be done, a new path, direction, approach, the old tax and spend policies of the past have amounted to nothing but misery and continued failure.
I guess the left learned they can't buy elections, and the right that they have to stop worrying about popularity and stand behind their rhetoric.

Conservative/Libertarian

To the people that matter, our image has been greatly enhanced. We are once again a country to be reckoned with. This will disturb people who rather we were compliant and malleable

It will be greatly enhanced. We no longer will bow to other countries. We are a force for good and are once again a beacon of Freedom

The beauty of the Trump Presidency is that we can ask, "who the fuck really cares what the rest of the world" thinks? Russia did most of the heavy lifting in combating ISIS (the JV) and Islamists in the Middle East. The USA once lead the charge against the bad guys, under Obama we armed them.

This is just question 2 again, so see 2 above

Last edited:

Democrat

The globalist crowd are in mourning. The nationalistic types are happy. The terrorists are concerned. The lunatics are still looney.

Those who should fear us, will. Those who want to be friends will find a ready, but reserved hand. Those who hate us will still hate us, but now they will no longer try and walk all over us.

Depends on which part of the world it is. Too vague a question.

Positively by those that matter.

Last edited:

Thanks so much. Emma
Hi Emma...you be lookin hot...

1 Repub
2 greatly enhanced.
3 greatly enhanced
4 Relieved.
5 Positively

Forum List

Back