Political party affiliation by default...is it real, who are we and is it good for our democracy?

BrokeLoser

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2016
MEXIFORNIA
What happens when the citizenry becomes so compartmentalized that we all fit within a predetermined ‘group’ or category and your group MUST vote for party X?
Can good things come from a democracy when the party affiliation of the electors can be determined by ones look? When you know for almost absolute fact that one with blue hair, nose rings and neck tattoos votes for party X is that a good thing?
I wonder if our founders intended for such a thing to happen? Did they want us to vote with our look, our feelings, our personal hobbies?

When you know for almost absolute fact that one with blue hair, nose rings and neck tattoos votes for party X...

I'm relatively certain that most of those people will be voting for fringe kook candidates, if at all....They're usually the ones who squawk in public the loudest, yet are too lazy to get off their asses to actually cast a ballot.

When you know for almost absolute fact that one with blue hair, nose rings and neck tattoos votes for party X...

I'm relatively certain that most of those people will be voting for fringe kook candidates, if at all....They're usually the ones who squawk in public the loudest, yet are too lazy to get off
asses to actually cast a ballot.

That’s true but if mail-in ballots don’t increase Dem votership they’ll find some way to inact some law that will. Who knows what that might be.

I'm relatively certain that most of those people will be voting for fringe kook candidates, if at all....They're usually the ones who squawk in public the loudest, yet are too lazy to get off
asses to actually cast a ballot.

That’s true but if mail-in ballots don’t increase Dem votership they’ll find some way to inact some law that will. Who knows what that might be.
Are you in a country where the Senate and President are not repubulican (if there is such a thing as republican anymore)? We have "Moscow Mitch, The Grim Reaper." Legislation the republicans do not want is never read, discussed, investigated or allowed a vote. What country are you talking about?

It's always been that way. You pick the party that best represents your values and then you try to get the best candidate.

Two major parties should both have multiple views. One party is to the left of Dem left even with voters having different views. The Repub party has left leaning of the party and moderate politicians. Even though there are many moderates and conservatives as voters.

Forum List

Back