Political Parties Stink

ihopehefails

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2009
I am reading "Going Rogue" and Gov. Palin talks about how the party machine is so corrupt and inhibiting to the political process. Its like you have to pay your dues to get ahead in them which I found disgusting. Its like political parties are their own govenments sometimes who just want to hold onto power.

Always stay an Independent. You think much more clearly in the end. Being a partisan party member only results in you becoming a dishonest hypocrite at some point. Defending the indefensible becomes the norm for the partisan party members. Even when they know they're wrong they will continue to defend the indefensible. That's pretty sad when you actually take the time to think about it. Stay Independent and you probably wont end up a dishonest hypocrite.

Always stay an Independent. You think much more clearly in the end. Being a partisan party member only results in you becoming a dishonest hypocrite at some point. Defending the indefensible becomes the norm for the partisan party members. Even when they know they're wrong they will continue to defend the indefensible. That's pretty sad when you actually take the time to think about it. Stay Independent and you probably wont end up a dishonest hypocrite.

I never understood that thinking.

1. If one has a set of principles, one of the two parties will probably be- generally- closer to those principles. By registering for that party, you can, to use a synechoche, have skin in the game.

2. In my state, one must be a member of the party to vote in the primary, thus to help choose a candidate.

3. I have always suspected that those who identify themselves as 'independent' do so to hide a superficial understanding of the various agendas.

Bottom line, one can be a registered member of a party, but be under no obligation to vote party line in the election.

I never understood that thinking.

1. If one has a set of principles, one of the two parties will probably be- generally- closer to those principles. By registering for that party, you can, to use a synechoche, have skin in the game.

2. In my state, one must be a member of the party to vote in the primary, thus to help choose a candidate.

3. I have always suspected that those who identify themselves as 'independent' do so to hide a superficial understanding of the various agendas.

Bottom line, one can be a registered member of a party, but be under no obligation to vote party line in the election.

Im with you there. You dont get a say in the party unless you are registered.

So which part of her book was she lying in?

I would not read her book or give anything she says any wieght because she is a liar.

So you wont listen to a word she says because she's a liar. And you don't see how completely illogical and dishonest that is.

You know, if you want the truth, sometimes you need to read things that you dont like.

She has nothing to offer.

shes a waste of time.

There are too many people who are worth listening to to waste time on her.

Being a loyal partisan party member will be considered prehistoric in the near future. One can only achieve true enlightenment and honesty by becoming an Independent. Anything short of this will only eventually cause one to become a dishonest hypocrite at some point. One instinctively feels a desperate need to defend the indefensible when rooting for their own team. It's just human nature. Even when they know they're wrong,the loyal partisan party member will continue to defend the indefensible if it helps their team. Achieve true independence and you will also achieve true political enlightenment.

No its not , she is an idiot and idiots like her.

Obama was elected by far many more people than Palin will ever attract

No its not , she is an idiot and idiots like her.

Obama was elected by far many more people than Palin will ever attract

Obama has said stupid things. And you like him. Does that mean we can dismiss him for the same reasons?

if you dont know what someone is saying, you can't really call him/her or someone who listens to him/her an idiot. You have no knowledge of the facts because you choose to become willfully ignorant of him. How is that honest?

An honest seeker of truth will consume just about anything they can get their hands on because they want to know everything from every viewpoint. They want to understand people, even those who disagree with them. They want to see things from all angles.

So yes, it's dishonest and illogical to dismiss anyones words as stupid when you havent read them. It's dishonest and illogical to dismiss them as lies, likewise. And even idiots have truth's to teach us if you know what you're looking for.

The truth isnt judged by the number of people it attracts. It's judged by accuracy.

you act like she has something to offer this country which she does not.

And how would you know whether she has anything to offer or not when you refuse to listen to her or read anything she writes?

There are obviously some people who think she has something to offer. But rather than try to understand the position they are coming from, you've decided to call them all idiots. People aren't idiots just because they believe in something different from you.

You claim that the truth matters. Yet you care so little about the truth it's downright scary to see how blind you can be to it. We aren't talking about Palin. This thread isnt about Palin, though you've made at least this part about her. But even Im not talking about Palin. Im addressing you. Im trying to point out the flaws in your methodology. Not because I want you to suddenly worship Gov. Palin or even convince you she is right. But because I want you to realize that you need to look at life through a broader lens than you currently are. I want you to look at yourself and accept that the Truth really does matter. And you cant keep lying to yourself or doing such an half ass job at presenting your points. You have no credibility as you are currently. And it's not because of some right wing bias. It's because your methods are seriously lacking.

Seek the truth whatever the source and hold to it. But that involves work. You actually have to know what different people are saying. You have to be able to analyze them. You have to understand their premises. You have to understand your own premises. Unless you do that, you can't find the truth. You can't understand it. And you sure as heck cant tell it to anyone else.

Take off the partisan blinders for once and just think. You dont have to agree with anything, just think.

I have heard enough of her and know she lacks any substance, you just like her inspite of her failings.

Forum List

Back