Political hypocrisy on smoking

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Many US politicians, past and present smoke. Some, like Boehner, as much if not more than some 'Marlboro men' who used to be in tv commercials before those were banned. As our country increasingly bans the legal use of tobacco and in particular smoking tobacco, is it worth asking which politicians smoke? And is it hypocritical for them to support anti-smoking laws while smilutaneously using what they're banning themselves?

Smoking May Be Increasingly Unpopular But Many Politicians And Royals Like To Light It Up

The government being do as I say not as I do is hardly a shock. It's about public health, not private.

Everything with a Liberal is about the collective, never about individual rights. That is why they hate the 1st and 2nd amendments to the Constitution so much.

I have never smoked in my life and I hate it but I don't want to take freedom away from other people. A Liberal loves to deprive other people of freedom.

The government being do as I say not as I do is hardly a shock. It's about public health, not private.

Everything with a Liberal is about the collective, never about individual rights. That is why they hate the 1st and 2nd amendments to the Constitution so much.

I have never smoked in my life and I hate it but I don't want to take freedom away from other people. A Liberal loves to deprive other people of freedom.
I smoke, love the first, would limit the second, we don't live 230 years ago, so, try again.

Agree 100%. Im an ex pipe smoker and I wouldnt want to stop anyone from doing it.
Obama smokes, I wonder why that fact never makes it to the news.

Agree 100%. Im an ex pipe smoker and I wouldnt want to stop anyone from doing it.
Anyone? I'm betting you are perfectly fine stopping the under-18 set eh?

I smoke, love the first, would limit the second, we don't live 230 years ago, so, try again.

You don't have any regard for the 1st. You are lying. A Liberal always hates the freedom of speech when it conflicts with his hateful Libtard agenda and we all know how they like to say that it is freedom from religion instead of freedom of religion.

If you liked freedom of speech you would have strongly condemned Obama and the IRS for curtailing the right of the Tea Party and other conservatives groups to have access to the same tax breaks as the filthy ass Liberal groups, but you didn't.

The 2nd is just as much an individual right as the 1st. The Supreme Court said so. All you stupid Libtards hate the right to keep and bear arms.

You are delusional on this like you are delusional on many other subjects.

You don't have any regard for the 1st. You are lying. A Liberal always hates the freedom of speech when it conflicts with his hateful Libtard agenda and we all know how they like to say that it is freedom from religion instead of freedom of religion.

If you liked freedom of speech you would have strongly condemned Obama and the IRS for curtailing the right of the Tea Party and other conservatives groups to have access to the same tax breaks as the filthy ass Liberal groups, but you didn't.

We wrote the first, Sweetheart, just like we founded this Liberal nation. Deal with it, or get out, you are neither needed nor wanted here.

We wrote the first, Sweetheart, just like we founded this Liberal nation. Deal with it, or get out, you are neither needed nor wanted here.

This country was founded on the concept of individual rights not the collective rights you shithead Libtards love so much today.

The revolution was instigated by an opposition to taxation which you Libtards love so much and also in rebellion against the government taking the right to keep and bear arms away from the people.

You are as confused about this subject as you are confused about everything else.

Many US politicians, past and present smoke. Some, like Boehner, as much if not more than some 'Marlboro men' who used to be in tv commercials before those were banned. As our country increasingly bans the legal use of tobacco and in particular smoking tobacco, is it worth asking which politicians smoke? And is it hypocritical for them to support anti-smoking laws while smilutaneously using what they're banning themselves?

Smoking May Be Increasingly Unpopular But Many Politicians And Royals Like To Light It Up
No politician that smokes is looking to outlaw smoking.

Many that smoke agree with smoking bans in public areas. Whats wrong with that?

I smoke. Not proud of it, but I am a smoker. I refuse to smoke in certain areas even if it is legal to do so because I understand how it infringes on others. If in a public park that allows smoking, I still get up and distance myself from people. I will not smoke in my car if another person is in it. I will not smoke if a child is within a certain distance of me...and I do my best to NEVER let a child see me smoking.

Your post is one of those silly posts designed to show hypocrisy where hypocrisy doesn't exist.

You just hate Boehner and you tried to find a way to slander him. You lost.

I"m liberal, used to smoke, hate the stench of it and believe adults should have the right to smoke if they want.

Just not where I'm breathing.

This country was founded on the concept of individual rights not the collective rights you shithead Libtards love so much today.

The revolution was instigated by an opposition to taxation which you Libtards love so much and also in rebellion against the government taking the right to keep and bear arms away from the people.

You are as confused about this subject as you are confused about everything else.
Your projection isn't reality little man.

No politician that smokes is looking to outlaw smoking.

Many that smoke agree with smoking bans in public areas. Whats wrong with that?

I smoke. Not proud of it, but I am a smoker. I refuse to smoke in certain areas even if it is legal to do so because I understand how it infringes on others. If in a public park that allows smoking, I still get up and distance myself from people. I will not smoke in my car if another person is in it. I will not smoke if a child is within a certain distance of me...and I do my best to NEVER let a child see me smoking.

Your post is one of those silly posts designed to show hypocrisy where hypocrisy doesn't exist.

You just hate Boehner and you tried to find a way to slander him. You lost.

How does any of this "slander" Boehner?

You DO know what "slander" means, right?

House Speaker John Boehner of Ohio, is also a heavy smoker, one who has been forced to practice his habit in private since puffing is banned in all public places in the Capitol.

Referring to his love for Camel Ultra Lights, the speaker told NBC News: "I am who I am."

Perhaps not surprisingly, Boehner also takes money from the tobacco lobby.

"Tobacco is a legal product in America," Boehner told CBS News. "The American people have a right to decide for themselves whether they want to partake or not. There are lots of things that we deal with and come in contact with every day, from alcohol to food to cigarettes, a lot of the things that aren't good for our health. But the American people ought to have the right to make those decisions on their own."

He added: "I wish I didn't have this bad habit … but it's something that I choose to do, and you know at some point, maybe I'll decide I've had enough of it.”

At least he doesn't hand out tobacco pay-off checks on the House floor anymore.

If you know there is something there that's untrue, please post it.

Thanks.

Smoking is bad for you.. as is eating bags of Cheetos, Burger King, drinking too much alcohol, etc. Along with freedom comes consequences.

This "greater good" shit is getting old... enough of the banning.

Forum List

Back