Police Training In The US.

police in Alaska.
You should probably Google that.
Are you sure that wasn't the Eskimos coming after you?:auiqs.jpg:
Not really. It's more the street gangs of Samoan immigrants downtown Anchorage. You can look at eye color, hair color, skin color, they are essentially on the same scale as Eskimo or Athabascan tribes, but the appearance and culture are totally different.

Yes, I know, I was being sarcastic. They actually had a whole show devoted to cops in Alaska. I forget the name of it.

I did not know their was gangs in Alaska. I am not even going to ask why Samoans would want to go to Alaska in the first place. :D
Because there's no work in Hawaii, Samoa, or Tonga.

What’s wrong with NewZealand?

Maybe they ran from the police there? :auiqs.jpg:

How Are Police Officers Trained In the US
In developing its professional staff, the United States Capitol Police (USCP) empowers individuals to reach their full potential, ensuring professional growth and career opportunities within the Department. –The United States Capitol Police
The United States boasts having one of the most trained and professional police forces in the world. Becoming a police officer involves years of rigorous training. Even then, there is no assurance that you would fully qualify to become a full pledged police officer.

Becoming a police officer is more of a passion than a means of employment for many people. They find satisfaction knowing that they are contributing to keeping their country safe and peaceful. Police officers are often chosen not for what they have done, but rather what they could do to serve the country.

This is why most states do not require applicants to have any bachelor degrees. A high school degree is already sufficient when applying for officership. Nevertheless, the training they undergo assures that they are well equipped when facing real life scenarios.

Requirements To Become A Police Officer:~

...you can train 24/7 and be very smart--mistakes will happen no matter what...it's like combat [ not like making a cheese sandwich ] = you can train all you want but it is not like the REAL thing
...pilots are very smart and get paid mucho $$$$$..they train on million $ simulators...have THOUSANDS of hours of flight time --but they still hundreds of people

...when you have 2 or more humans in conflict, this just exponentiates the problem .....it's dynamic.....humans can't even get simple shit correct like a fast food order---imagine what it is like dealing with IRRATIONAL, dumbass, VIOLENT jackass criminals

In developing its professional staff, the United States Capitol Police (USCP) empowers individuals to reach their full potential, ensuring professional growth and career opportunities within the Department. –The United States Capitol Police
The United States boasts having one of the most trained and professional police forces in the world. Becoming a police officer involves years of rigorous training. Even then, there is no assurance that you would fully qualify to become a full pledged police officer.

Becoming a police officer is more of a passion than a means of employment for many people. They find satisfaction knowing that they are contributing to keeping their country safe and peaceful. Police officers are often chosen not for what they have done, but rather what they could do to serve the country.

This is why most states do not require applicants to have any bachelor degrees. A high school degree is already sufficient when applying for officership. Nevertheless, the training they undergo assures that they are well equipped when facing real life scenarios.

...you can train 24/7 and be very smart--mistakes will happen no matter what...it's like combat [ not like making a cheese sandwich ] = you can train all you want but it is not like the REAL thing
...pilots are very smart and get paid mucho $$$$$..they train on million $ simulators...have THOUSANDS of hours of flight time --but they still hundreds of people

...when you have 2 or more humans in conflict, this just exponentiates the problem .....it's dynamic.....humans can't even get simple shit correct like a fast food order---imagine what it is like dealing with IRRATIONAL, dumbass, VIOLENT jackass criminals

I should imagine it’s a different matter when you are caught up in an emotionally charged dangerous situation.

Very easy for we armchair warriors to comment.

I suggest everyone who has a hate for cops to do a ride along for a day in a big city. I am sure they will change their mind on what the job is like.

..they police are doing a GREAT job at NOT killing blacks considering their HIGH crime rate

I should imagine it’s a different matter when you are caught up in an emotionally charged dangerous situation.

It's not easy to make a split decision based on your awareness and surroundings. And they want to go home to their family also. I understand their are corrupt cops and asswipe cops but their are good ones also. It is a few bad apples that bring the departments down.

I’d hate to be a police officer in America.

I wouldn't do it. They do deserve some respect for that kind of job. Their aren't many that can and will do it. It was brought to my attention the other day, that in a few countries, I can' remember which ones off hand, that each citizen has to be a cop for atleast two years. That might be something to try in the US. If everyone is a part of it then everyone will have to own it. I doubt that will ever happen in the US but it does make sense.

It's not easy to make a split decision based on your awareness and surroundings. And they want to go home to their family also. I understand their are corrupt cops and asswipe cops but their are good ones also. It is a few bad apples that bring the departments down.

Much of it is routine boring bureaucratic work, seems to me.

The times I’ve been rear ended (endemic in the US; and don’t take it the wrong way :cool: ) and the poor cops have to spend ages writing stuff down.

....AND--these blacks are hypocrites and liars = they would do the same thing if dealing with these jackasses--= they murder EACH other at four times the national rate ....

I don't think their is much work in Alaska either.lol!

image-20150129-22325-2ut9lo.jpg

police in Alaska.
You should probably Google that.
Are you sure that wasn't the Eskimos coming after you?:auiqs.jpg:
Not really. It's more the street gangs of Samoan immigrants downtown Anchorage. You can look at eye color, hair color, skin color, they are essentially on the same scale as Eskimo or Athabascan tribes, but the appearance and culture are totally different.

Yes, I know, I was being sarcastic. They actually had a whole show devoted to cops in Alaska. I forget the name of it.

I did not know their was gangs in Alaska. I am not even going to ask why Samoans would want to go to Alaska in the first place. :D
Because there's no work in Hawaii, Samoa, or Tonga.

I don't think their is much work in Alaska either.lol!
Yeah, there is.
I lived there 20 years ago, lots of polynesians there.

Aren’t they New Zealanders?
You're thinking of Maoris.

Duh.

I have a Samoan friend living near to me. She’s also a New Zealander.
Okay, I have a good friend I met in Jalalabad who's Maori.

Amazing who or what one can run into, isn’t it?

Where I live, there was an influx of foreigners, some countries and languages I’ve never heard of.

Infested with Americans too. (Sorry, only joking)

Hiya babycakes!
I read that police basic training in the US varies widely in Sth Carolina it's around 16 months & in California 24. London 3 years and we don't need firearm training.

I think it comes down to both the quality of both the applicants and the training whether you end up with a police service (they are called a service and not a force now in the UK)
that is fit for purpose.

Sorry to hear you have been in your words "rear-ended" many times in the US. Can you give more details - have you got pics?

Hiya babycakes!
I read that police basic training in the US varies widely in Sth Carolina it's around 16 months & in California 24. London 3 years and we don't need firearm training.

I think it comes down to both the quality of both the applicants and the training whether you end up with a police service (they are called a service and not a force now in the UK)
that is fit for purpose.

Sorry to hear you have been in your words "rear-ended" many times in the US. Can you give more details - have you got pics?

Typical dirty minded Brit.

Forum List

Back