Police Spring Into Action In Wal-Mart Cast!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. – A 16-year-old boy patronizing a Walmart store in southern New Jersey took over the public-address system and ordered black people to leave, angering customers and prompting company leaders to apologize, police said Saturday.

Police said the boy, whose name is not being released because he is a juvenile, went on the intercom at Walmart's Washington Township store Sunday evening and calmly announced: "Attention, Walmart customers: All black people, leave the store now."

The teen was arrested Friday on charges of harassment and bias intimidation. Authorities said he was released to the custody of his parents; they did not know whether he had a lawyer.

"This was an extremely disturbing event on many levels," Gloucester County Prosecutor Sean Dalton said at a news conference. "Any statements like these that can cause harm or grave concern must be addressed as quickly we possibly can."
Teen charged in NJ Walmart racial comment case - Yahoo! News

So, his crime was..."harassment and bias intimidation..."

Luckily the police mobilized to apprehend this deviant!

My question, did the black folks feel it necessary to follow his dictum?

Wonder what would have happened if he had of said "All dumb assed Democrats leave the store now." instead of "All black people leave the store now."?

You do realise he has no right to use the Cos PA system right?

T, this is one of those episodes of unintentional humor...

Or do you contend that the same media attention would have resulted from

"All white people leave the store..."
or
"All Germans leave the store..."

And the police called in, followed by an arrest???

Remember 'Animal Farm'? Some people are more equal...

You do realise he has no right to use the Cos PA system right?

I know. Big question though... How did he know where it was and how to use it? I mean on most PA systems that are wired into a telephone, you have to punch in a code to make an announcement. How did he know what it was? Could there be some inside play like maybe one of his buddies worked there or something and put him up to it? I doubt if this guy just walked in off the street and turned on the PA system and started running his mouth. That part of it doesn't make sense to me.

Since it is impossible for PA systems to be racist I think law enforcement took the proper course of action.

Since it is impossible for PA systems to be racist I think law enforcement took the proper course of action.

I agree, the police seemed to have handled it right but... the media attention was a bit uncalled for. It's not a big deal. The circus jerkfest is a bit much wouldn't you agree? His poor parents.

WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. – A 16-year-old boy patronizing a Walmart store in southern New Jersey took over the public-address system and ordered black people to leave, angering customers and prompting company leaders to apologize, police said Saturday....

Black people? I thought they preferred to be called African Americans.

as a black woman i actually laughed when i heard this story. because it was probably just a kid trying to have fun and thought it would be funny. if you go on youtube you see the tons of intercom pranks people do at wal mart. the kids saying the craziest things.

now i understand why some people were upset. but having seen how easy it is to get on wal mart intercom im not surprised this happened.

i think some people are just overreacting.

Last edited:
as a black woman i actually laughed when i heard this story. because it was probably just a kid trying to have fun and thought it would be funny. if you go on youtube you see the tons of intercom pranks people do at wal mart. the kids saying the craziest things.

now i understand why some people were upset. but having seen how easy it is to get on wal mart intercom im not surprised this happen.

Kids will be kids. If I was his Mom, his ass would be grounded for a month for being an idiot but I see no intent to offend anyone within his stupidity.

Unfortunately, some 'grown ups' will turn it into a 'race' thing. Which, personally, I think is a pity because all that achieves is to make more harder to deal with real racism.

now i understand why some people were upset. but having seen how easy it is to get on wal mart intercom im not surprised this happen.

Wow, are you on target!

I would have simply said "Jerk," and forgotten all about it.

On the other hand, why didn't the same police arrest the Jon Stewarts who use 'satire' to attack our challenged brothers and sisters, or more serious uncivility on SNL?

Libs, huh...

now i understand why some people were upset. but having seen how easy it is to get on wal mart intercom im not surprised this happened.

It's refreshing to hear that their are folks out there that doesn't take this to heart. The idiot kid thought he was being funny. Hopefully his parents will deal with him accordingly.

Forum List

Back