Police Sergeant Chokes Subordinate Officer -- Was He Wrong?

The old saying "don't grab a bull by the horns" applies here. It's one thing to yell at a suspect, another to assault him. He was only yelling at him from what I can see. The officer should not have grabbed him when he was enraged and only yelling. I think he was arrested because this is not his first rodeo. He was under investigation for another incident like this.

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — A Florida police officer was arrested on several charges related to a November incident where he put his hand on a fellow officer’s throat.

According to a WTVJ report, the Sunrise Police Department confirmed that Sgt. Christopher Pullease was booked into the Broward County Jail on charges for battery on a law enforcement officer, assault on an officer, tampering with evidence and assault.

The old saying "don't grab a bull by the horns" applies here. It's one thing to yell at a suspect, another to assault him. He was only yelling at him from what I can see. The officer should not have grabbed him when he was enraged and only yelling. I think he was arrested because this is not his first rodeo. He was under investigation for another incident like this.

There isn't enough footage of the perp to make any determination. You are reading in something that just isn't there.

There isn't enough footage of the perp to make any determination. You are reading in something that just isn't there.
He was being shouted at for "disrespecting" the police officers. Honestly, I wouldn't care if the cop finally snapped and choked the perp, these punks have no respect for the law, or the people who enforce it. From the video, he doesn't have his hands on the kid, that I can see.

He was being shouted at for "disrespecting" the police officers. Honestly, I wouldn't care if the cop finally snapped and choked the perp, these punks have no respect for the law, or the people who enforce it. From the video, he doesn't have his hands on the kid, that I can see.

The perp is off camera and there is no way of knowing one way or the other. Better to let the City Lawyer handle it like they are doing. But, even with this going on, he is under investigation for another thing. We read in what we want to see in this case. There is ZERO evidence on what really happened.

The perp is off camera and there is no way of knowing one way or the other. Better to let the City Lawyer handle it like they are doing. But, even with this going on, he is under investigation for another thing. We read in what we want to see in this case. There is ZERO evidence on what really happened.
He wasn't arrested for anything he did to the kid in custody.

He wasn't arrested for anything he did to the kid in custody.

You are reading in once again. There isn't enough evidence to come up with any conclusion other than the other officer reacted to a situation that she determined was out of control. And he WAS arrested.

"A police sergeant in Florida has been placed on desk duty after video showed him assaulting a fellow officer who was trying to de-escalate a man's arrest. The body cam video shows Sunrise police Sgt. Christopher Pullease threatening the suspect with pepper spray, and engaging in a verbal altercation with him, after he'd already been taken into custody and placed in the back of a patrol car.

A 28-year-old female officer grabs Pullease by the back of his belt and tries to pull him away, he turns around and briefly puts his hand around her throat, before grabbing her by the vest and pushing her against another patrol car. In an interview with Miami's Channel 7, Sunrise Police Chief Anthony Rosa said Pullease's behavior was "disgusting," adding that "the video speaks for itself.”
“I’m very proud of this police officer," Rosa said. "She took some definitive action. I can only imagine what she must be feeling. She’s a newer officer, and he’s a very senior sergeant.”

This is why I understand why many of the Conservatives on this message board feel we shouldn't have any broads on the police force...because as this cop has showed, these women don't know how to stay in their place...How are you going to try to disrespect your superior officer like that?? and for what?? Because you were worried about him pepper spraying some thug? Who cares....and he barely even grabbed her throat to be honest...I mean, you or I couldn't do that to her without at the very least being charged with assault; if not shot dead -- but you and I are not police, we don't deal with the pressures they have to deal with....Obviously this guy was stressed and as usual, its some nagging broad that comes along and makes a man snap..

The guy had already about snapped. Once you have someone cuffed and stuffed there is no reason for the force and intimidation he continued to use. I once had a cop flipping on me like that. My license had expired and I didn't realize it. So he cuffed and stuffed me in his car and started screaming at me and berating me like some kind of nut. He kept coming back for more and more, trying to push my buttons in between his paperwork His partner did the same as this police woman did. He tried to calm him down even though he was his superior.

Forum List

Back