Police recruiting retention declines, Crime rises

LeftofLeft

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2011

Montgomery County MD is in the backyard of the Nation’s Capitol. It is wealthy, elite, and liberal. And now, it has a police problem...... resignations are up, recruiting is down, and Crime is high and rising.

Liberals and Democrats thought it advantageous to go over the top and beyond “reforms” with outright demonization of the police; even to the point of using “defund” as punishment.

How are you going to solve this problem? You run Washington and all of the major cities and suburban areas like Montgomery County throughout the Nation.

What is your plan? You own it.

How about Tax Credits for the nation's donut restaurants to install bullet proof glass and other fortifications, so that the police will have someplace safe to spend their shifts?

Most officers would rather spend their evenings flirting with donut waitresses and convenience store dames, than confronting BLM thugs with bad attitudes. Providing these safe places will make police work a lot more attractive to young people seeking a career.

Further, the Crime Rate will sink- those crimes which are not seen, and reports are not written up on, don't count toward the stats.

Montgomery County MD is in the backyard of the Nation’s Capitol. It is wealthy, elite, and liberal. And now, it has a police problem...... resignations are up, recruiting is down, and Crime is high and rising.

Liberals and Democrats thought it advantageous to go over the top and beyond “reforms” with outright demonization of the police; even to the point of using “defund” as punishment.

How are you going to solve this problem? You run Washington and all of the major cities and suburban areas like Montgomery County throughout the Nation.

We no longer get racist former ex jocks looking to be cops. Guys who might abuse the power.

Trust me cops don’t have a problem finding guys who want to be cops or firemen.

Seeing as how law-enforcement really has no constitutional duty to protect, it's not a problem out here in the boonies. I'm not waiting 15 minutes for an officer to show up and try to solve the crime and clean up the mess.

I mean God bless them, I wouldn't want their job. But guns, ammunition, body armor, flashlights, and pepper spray are available to almost anyone who wants them.

We no longer get racist former ex jocks looking to be cops. Guys who might abuse the power.

Besides “Trust me”, What insight and validated data do you have to counter that resignations are rising and recruiting is declining?

Its not a matter of finding someone who "wants to" be a cop, but the individuals needs to have the ability to bust heads when needed. "Ability" is a big factor. Not everyone has the skill and strength to take thugs out with the Baton or other weapons provided, quickly.

Who in any Democrat-created enivironment would want to be a cop?

Seeing as how law-enforcement really has no constitutional duty to protect, it's not a problem out here in the boonies. I'm not waiting 15 minutes for an officer to show up and try to solve the crime and clean up the mess.

I mean God bless them, I wouldn't want their job. But guns, ammunition, body armor, flashlights, and pepper spray are available to almost anyone who wants them.
We have a saying in my area concerning wolves. The 4 S's, See, Shoot, Shovel and Shut up. I would treat criminals the same way. The backhoe makes the shoveling much easier.

We have a saying in my area concerning wolves. The 4 S's, See, Shoot, Shovel and Shut up. I would treat criminals the same way. The backhoe makes the shoveling much easier.

You know anyone who has a used backhoe for sale? Would they take a $1400 stimulus check for a down-payment?

:laughing0301:

But people in Montgomery county and next door in PG county have a tough time acquiring gun permits and ammo, etc. If I were to shoot a BLM zombie who was attacking me, I’d be arrested for unlawful use of a firearm and labeled racist.

Good. Decrease the Police.

Aren't you also a gun control advocate?

So, I'm curious. If crime is on the rise in many cities and you don't want people to have scary looking guns, but you also want less police presence to tackle the rising crime, who is going to stop the bad guy when he breaks into your house or jacks your car? Are you going to wag your finger at him disapprovingly and explain to him how you sympathize with the systemic racism that brought him to this lowly stage in life?

Forum List

Back