Police Out of Control, Need to be DISARMED

The police are not just shooting unarmed Blacks, beating elderly, and Latinos, but also shooting white teens (John Albers), who committed no crime other than backing slowly out of their own driveway.
He did not even know police were in his driveway and he had done nothing wrong.

{...
KANSAS CITY, Mo. —
Overland Park released a redacted report Thursday on the fatal police shooting of 17-year-old John Albers in 2018.

He was slowky backing the family van out of the driveway when the officer opened fire.

A month later, Johnson County Prosecutor Steve Howe announced that the shooting was justified after a multi-jurisdictional investigation concluded because the officer reasonably feared for his life.
Albers was shot 13 times.
...}
I support holding cops accountable and reforming certain things about law enforcement, but disarming cops doesn't work in a society that is heavily armed.

There were always Sheriffs. But based on your explanation here and the lefts desire to eliminate police why are you also trying to disarm citizens? If you want to get back to an armed populace being your law enforcement you should be encouraging gun ownership not trying to eliminate it.

I am far left, but NEVER supported any gun control, especially federal.
I do want a fully armed population.
Some cities could be more restrictive than other cities or rural, but no federal gun laws at all.
And police should be restricted more over guns they carry than people are in their guns at home.
I see where you're coming from, and in some ways, I agree. However, we're not yet at a point where we can truly expect citizens to be fully able to fend for themselves without some armed police presence. We might be able to get there at some point, but reducing gun control is the first step, not disarming cops.

Forum List

Back