Police Officer Fired For Donating $25 To Kyle Rittenhouse

There has to be more to the story. I can't believe he would not be able to sue and clean up after this.

It seems the Guardian was the one who traced the e-mails back to the donators.

This is acceptable....why ?

Because it might give someone the idea that a police officer could be biased about enforcing the law.

If you can't show he actually practiced bias, why would you even care.
He used employer's equipment and his employment time to commit the offense. He had no legal right to do any such thing.
What he did was the equivalent of using the office copier to print his resume.

Did no one actually read the article? The officer used an official email, not a private one. I can't say what the reaction might have been had this been done entirely outside of his job, but he used a city email to make the donation.

The punishment may be an overreaction, but the use of a city email to make the donation certainly does make this work-related. :dunno:
Monumental fucking bullshit.

There is never n excuse to fire someone because they make a donation. It is asinine in the extreme to defend that kind of action, period.

The persecution of anyone that may hold a differing opinion is pure unadulterated evil.
I pointed out that using a city email made it work related. Is that “monumental bullshit”?

Police need to clean up their act.

This is step in the right direction.

Fascist and damned proud of it, huh Brown Shirt?

...wtf?

My God you're a simpleton.

Threats and intimidation to silence your opposition. You people are Nazis

He is still free to post and talk about his support for the accused murderer isn't he?

If he feels his rights were violated by his former employer he is entitled to his day in court. Making nobody a fascist.

You mean other than you, Marc and Tutu who want him fired for disagreeing with you

As terms of my employment I agree not to denigrate the company in online forums, written, or any official communication. I understood that if I violated the terms I could be terminated.
So now we have gone to disagreeing with you is degenerating?

That seems to be your new favorite word today.

Well I must say you are an obtuse degenerate and reprobate.

Dana7360's comment " Speaking as a person who was in the military and am a veteran, the people who have persecuted those who did take a knee are the people who are insulting and spitting on mine and every other American's service to our constitution, our people and our nation." is 100% correct, and it should be on every true blue American's wall and heart.

Everyone is welcomed to their POV.

That you say "it should be this" or "it should be that" only demonstrates you are left winger. All that comes with it (lack of tolerance, insistence on conformity, close mindedness) are already showing through.
Oh, you silly person: it demonstrates, unlike the far right geese, I think and I understand the conditions for American protest. Those who have trouble with kneeling as protest would be proud to follow a Hitler or Trump.

There has to be more to the story. I can't believe he would not be able to sue and clean up after this.

Because it might give someone the idea that a police officer could be biased about enforcing the law.

He used employer's equipment and his employment time to commit the offense. He had no legal right to do any such thing.
A goof might believe that, yes.

Didn't you like a post above showing a policeman in uniform holding a BLM poster up in public? Confused much?

So was George Floyd, guess they should have just shot him on sight and the whole thing would have been fine by your standards.
When the convicted murderer Chauvin began kneeling on the victim, Floyd's, neck for almost 10 minutes straight he was not in the process of committing a crime.

Another proven, partisan, Republican liar.

Floyd had committed several crimes that day, crimes worse than trespass, he deserved to be shot, no questions asked, according to your words. Why can't you own what you say?
No, he did not but you sound dangerous.

But MarcATL doesn't??? :cuckoo:
MarcATL? No. You? Yes.,
Explain the difference, if you even know what we're talking about to begin with.
... because you talk about things the which you don't have a clue. Anybody who supports Floyd being shot because he tried to pass a $20 bill is stupendously an idiot.
And I was right, you have zero clue as to what I was saying or why. Not surprised. lol
You are merely revealing that you do not understand at all.

Didn't you like a post above showing a policeman in uniform holding a BLM poster up in public? Confused much?
You don't understand logic, do you?

The far side Trumpers do not seem to realize that responsibilities come with rights.

I'm on the fence as to which RW trait is worse. It's either the constant whining or the constant lying. I'm leaning toward the constant lying considering how it wreaks constant havoc on our society.
Oh the Trumpers and the far RW will whine and lie, all the time. They have no sense of morality at all.

The far side Trumpers do not seem to realize that responsibilities come with rights.

I'm on the fence as to which RW trait is worse. It's either the constant whining or the constant lying. I'm leaning toward the constant lying considering how it wreaks constant havoc on our society.
Oh the Trumpers and the far RW will whine and lie, all the time. They have no sense of morality at all.

...except for their belief that their desired end result justifies whatever means it takes to reach that end result. Hell, even the subject of this thread is a misrepresentation of why the lieutenant was fired.

It’s acceptable because the fascists are in total control of the country.

Yep, the city manager in Brooklyn Center was fired for merely mentioning due process and one of the city council members admitted she did so out of fear.

And then this from the shit-head mayor of Brooklyn Center.

If it is so bad in America for blacks then fucking emigrate.

Floyd and Wright both had criminal records...didn't they ?
Is DEATH ON SIGHT the proscribed punishment for having a criminal record?
Based on the input of the non-criminal element that live in slums? Yes.

You don't understand logic, do you?

Let's see...you said:

" He used employer's equipment and his employment time to commit the offense. He had no legal right to do any such thing. "

You then liked, as in, you are in agreement with, a post that showed how hypocritical this firing is by showing a police officer in uniform holding up a BLM poster, which is actually quite a bit more political and obnoxious than what this guy did. I have no problem comprehending sound logic, in fact, it is imperative for what I do for a living. Either I missed a post from you explaining this logic or you are very confused.

Dana7360's comment " Speaking as a person who was in the military and am a veteran, the people who have persecuted those who did take a knee are the people who are insulting and spitting on mine and every other American's service to our constitution, our people and our nation." is 100% correct, and it should be on every true blue American's wall and heart.

Everyone is welcomed to their POV.

That you say "it should be this" or "it should be that" only demonstrates you are left winger. All that comes with it (lack of tolerance, insistence on conformity, close mindedness) are already showing through.
Oh, you silly person: it demonstrates, unlike the far right geese, I think and I understand the conditions for American protest. Those who have trouble with kneeling as protest would be proud to follow a Hitler or Trump.

What you understand is of no concern to me.

What is evident is you making statements that "it should be....." tells me where you sit on the authoritarian scale. And to line that up against your final comment is just hilarious.

...except for their belief that their desired end result justifies whatever means it takes to reach that end result. Hell, even the subject of this thread is a misrepresentation of why the lieutenant was fired.

I believe the OP says that there must be more to the story than this.

Can you not lie.

Not sure how public trust could be any further eroded. My thought he took his personal opinion a step to far including all his fellow officers in his personal opinion, even scarier, what if its true?

Not sure how public trust could be any further eroded. My thought he took his personal opinion a step to far including all his fellow officers in his personal opinion, even scarier, what if its true?
Exactly!

Forum List

Back