Police Kill 16-Year-Old Girl

Paperman299

VIP Member
Apr 16, 2014
Jessica Hernandez Case Denver officers fatally shoot teenage girl uproar ensues - CBS News

The details are still sketchy. Apparently police in Denver fired on a car of teenagers in a middle-class neighborhood and killed the 16-year-old driver. A lot of people are calling police brutality, but it's too early to tell, IMO. It was at 6:30 in the morning, and the police say that the car was stolen. Also, apparently she drove into one of the cops and hit him in the leg (he was sent to the hospital, no information yet on the extent of his injuries).

Again, I think it's too early to say whether this is part of the larger police brutality problem, but they shot a 16-year-old girl to death, so it's safe to say it will be on the radar for a while.

Jessica Hernandez Case Denver officers fatally shoot teenage girl uproar ensues - CBS News

The details are still sketchy. Apparently police in Denver fired on a car of teenagers in a middle-class neighborhood and killed the 16-year-old driver. A lot of people are calling police brutality, but it's too early to tell, IMO. It was at 6:30 in the morning, and the police say that the car was stolen. Also, apparently she drove into one of the cops and hit him in the leg (he was sent to the hospital, no information yet on the extent of his injuries).

Again, I think it's too early to say whether this is part of the larger police brutality problem, but they shot a 16-year-old girl to death, so it's safe to say it will be on the radar for a while.

I do not trust cops at all, and I think the overuse of deadly force needs to come to an end, however, in this case the officers seem to have been warranted in taking the action they did. If you try to run a police officer down with a car, you should expect them to open fire on you.

I do not trust cops at all, and I think the overuse of deadly force needs to come to an end, however, in this case the officers seem to have been warranted in taking the action they did. If you try to run a police officer down with a car, you should expect them to open fire on you.
I've heard the ''driver of the car tried to run a policeman over'' excuse for killing an unarmed driver one too many times to accept this being the case without video proof.... so, I will reserve my opinion until more proof is shown....

Grand theft auto's criminal punishment IS NOT the death penalty, nor is the criminal punishment for a hit and run execution/the death penalty either...

I've heard the ''driver of the car tried to run a policeman over'' excuse for killing an unarmed driver one too many times to accept this being the case without video proof.... so, I will reserve my opinion until more proof is shown....

Grand theft auto's criminal punishment IS NOT the death penalty, nor is the criminal punishment for a hit and run execution/the death penalty either...

Agreed. The phrase "according to police" is crucial. Consider the source. Accepting the word of police without question is insane.

Let me guess. The police are the ones saying she drove into the cops?

Wrong. Anyone actively trying to steal your property you are allowed to shoot. The officer had an obligation to stop this thief. Just because it was a teenage girl doesn't lessen the response to stop the crime. If it was a 250 pound man I am sure there wouldn't be any uproar.

I'm guessing the medical examiners that treated his injury might be able to corroborate their story.

I'm guessing the medical examiners that treated his injury might be able to corroborate their story.
How would they do that if they werent there?

Typically when injuries match what a witness says happened, it helps lend credibility to their version.

Typically when injuries match what a witness says happened, it helps lend credibility to their version.
Typically the police lie and the medics cover for them. Fools like you believe it out of conditioned response. I dont until they prove it.

In the linked article it states

White said both officers then opened fire. The officer hit by the car was taken to a hospital with a leg injury.

While authorities say it's unclear if the girl intentionally hit the officer, White said he believes his officers followed protocol in opening fire, reports CBS Denver.

Typically the police lie and the medics cover for them. Fools like you believe it out of conditioned response. I dont until they prove it.

Well the fact is the girl was driving a stolen vehicle. Why would I believe that an officer would lie about apprehending a criminal?

You'll get no sympathy from me when it comes to thieves.

Well the fact is the girl was driving a stolen vehicle. Why would I believe that an officer would lie about apprehending a criminal?

I never said you wouldn't believe. You are trained to do so..I know that officers lie all the time. I know better.

No one asked about sympathy. I was just pointing out they could be lying.

In the linked article it states

White said both officers then opened fire. The officer hit by the car was taken to a hospital with a leg injury.

While authorities say it's unclear if the girl intentionally hit the officer, White said he believes his officers followed protocol in opening fire, reports CBS Denver.
I wonder what happened first, the cops started shooting or one of them got hit by the car. Was she even the driver? Why were the cops trying to out muscle a car? Why not park their car behind the suspects car? Were the kids armed?

Oh, yea. Typical RW conservative response: stealing a car warrants the death penalty. Like in the old west when stealing cattle or a horse led to being lynched. Cool.

I never said you wouldn't believe. You are trained to do so..I know that officers lie all the time. I know better.

No one asked about sympathy. I was just pointing out they could be lying.

LOL. I see. That sounds like every time you've been arrested and convicted in court it was because racist white cops set you up! Not because you actually did anything illegal.

New Topics

Forum List

Back