Police Body Camera Footage Proves George Floyd Was Not "Murdered"

mikegriffith1

Mike Griffith
Oct 23, 2012
Virginia
I have changed my mind about the George Floyd case, after watching several hours of Derek Chauvin's trial, and especially after watching the previously unreleased police body-camera footage of the incident.

I do not believe that Chauvin committed second-degree murder. I think he committed manslaughter. I would need several pages to fully explain the reasons for my view. Here are a few points that capture the main reasons:

* Floyd could have avoided being pinned on the ground in the first place if he had simply obeyed the police officers' repeated request to get into the back of the police car.

* The officers did not pin Floyd on the ground until after he strongly resisted being put into the police car and after he then pushed his way out of the car and came out the other side of the car. Only at that point did the officers pin him on the ground.

* Floyd's claim that he was afraid to get into confined spaces and therefore afraid to get into the back of the police car seems extremely doubtful, given the fact that Floyd had just spent several minutes in the front of a small car with the windows rolled up. The body camera footage shows that the front of the car that Floyd was taken from was virtually identical in size to the back of the police car.

* The officers may have doubted Floyd's claim that he could not breathe because he started making this claim long before he was pinned on the ground and at a time when he clearly could breathe, as the officers pointed out to him.

* Floyd's autopsy report proves that he was heavily under the influence of drugs during the incident. This could explain his irrational behavior.

* Floyd deserves most of the blame for the incident. Chauvin should not have put his knee on Floyd's neck. He should have eased up on Floyd's neck after Floyd stopped moving, and he should have checked Floyd's vital signs after he stopped moving. But, again, Floyd never would have been pinned on the ground in the first place if he had simply gotten into the back of the police car as he was repeatedly instructed to do.

And, just for the record, George Floyd was neither a "gentle person" nor "a good father"; he was a violent thug with a long rap sheet:

Two Sides To Every Story: George Floyd And Derek Chauvin – Stateline Network EXTRA

Last edited:
I have said this all along.
If anyone watches the ENTIRE - UNEDITED body cam videos that are available on YouTube, and you are objective, you will change your mind.

Floyd had multiple opportunities to tell officers he took a lethal dose. He knew he did. If you listen to what he is saying - he repeatedly states "I don't want to die, don't leave me alone, promise me you will stay with me - I am a good person, I don't want to die" - YET when asked did he take something - FLOYD SAYS NO.
You can also see at the beginning he was reasonably sober. Within a few minutes the drugs start to take effect, and you can see a large difference in his speech, and he becomes paranoid about dying or being alone. That is when the officer asked "what are you on? Did you take something? (NO) Well you are making me nervous, you aren't making any sense and you are not acting right"
Chauvin is a bully. There was no reason to continue to pin him down well after he stopped fighting. So I think negligent homicide is the charge because Floyd contributed MORE to his death than Chauvin.
PERIOD

If anyone watches the ENTIRE - UNEDITED body cam videos that are available on YouTube, and you are objective, you will change your mind.

Floyd had multiple opportunities to tell officers he took a lethal dose. He knew he did. If you listen to what he is saying - he repeatedly states "I don't want to die, don't leave me alone, promise me you will stay with me - I am a good person, I don't want to die" - YET when asked did he take something - FLOYD SAYS NO.
You can also see at the beginning he was reasonably sober. Within a few minutes the drugs start to take effect, and you can see a large difference in his speech, and he becomes paranoid about dying or being alone.
Chauvin is a bully. There was no reason to continue to pin him down well after he stopped fighting. So I think negligent homicide is the charge because Floyd contributed MORE to his death than Chauvin.
PERIOD
It doesn't matter.

Manslaughter still applies.

If you punch a person high on drugs and they fall hit their head and die of a head injury it's still manslaughter.

And, just for the record, George Floyd was neither a "gentle person" nor "a good father"; he was a violent thug with a long rap sheet:

So the cops can execute you if you have any moral failings? Really, Axis Mikey?

Don't you belong to a cult where your "Prophet" was lynched because he was accused of bigamy?

By the logic you just stated, the murder of Joseph Smith (dum-dum-dum-dum-dum) was totally justified. He was convicted of fraud in New York, ran a scam bank in Kirkland Ohio, was driven out of Missouri for political terrorism, and was marrying multiple women, some as young as 14.

I mean, if merely doing something bad makes it okay to murder you.... maybe you should join a new religion.

* Floyd deserves most of the blame for the incident. Chauvin should not have put this knee on Floyd's neck. He should have eased up on Floyd's neck after Floyd stopped moving, and he should have checked Floyd's vital signs after he stopped moving. But, again, Floyd never would have been pinned on the ground in the first place if he had simply gotten into the back of the police car as he was repeatedly instructed to do.

1617274476427.png

PERIOD

Nice. Hey, I think you are late for your job at the Rape Crisis Center where you can tell those ladies they shouldn't have dressed like sluts.

I disagree, I think it was either :
second degree unintentional felony murder, third degree “depraved mind” murder,
------------------------------------------
Why: I read when the Chauvins that Chauvin continue pressure on the neck:

Our video investigation shows that Mr. Chauvin did not remove his knee even after Mr. Floyd lost consciousness and for a full minute and 20 seconds after paramedics arrived at the scene.

On June 3, Hennepin County prosecutors added a more serious second-degree murder charge against Mr. Chauvin and also charged each of the three other former officers — Thomas Lane, J. Alexander Kueng and Tou Thao — with aiding and abetting second-degree murder.
How George Floyd Was Killed in Police Custody - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

---------------------------------------
and now we heard his knee was on his neck for 9:29.

The paramedics found him dead at the scene.

I have changed my mind about the George Floyd case, after watching several hours of Derek Chauvin's trial, and especially after watching the previously unreleased police body-camera footage of the incident.

I do not believe that Chauvin committed second-degree murder. I think he committed manslaughter. I would need several pages to fully explain the reasons for my view. Here are a few points that capture the main reasons:

* Floyd could have avoided being pinned on the ground in the first place if he had simply obeyed the police officers' repeated request to get into the back of the police car.

* The officers did not pin Floyd on the ground until after he strongly resisted being put into the police car and after he then pushed his way out of the car and came out the other side of the car. Only at that point did the officers pin him on the ground.

* Floyd's claim that he was afraid to get into confined spaces and therefore afraid to get into the back of the police car seems extremely doubtful, given the fact that Floyd had just spent several minutes in the front of a small car with the windows rolled up. The body camera footage shows that the front of the car that Floyd was taken from was virtually identical in size to the back of the police car.

* The officers may have doubted Floyd's claim that he could not breathe because he started making this claim long before he was pinned on the ground and at a time when he clearly could breathe, as the officers pointed out to him.

* Floyd's autopsy report proves that he was heavily under the influence of drugs during the incident. This could explain his irrational behavior.

* Floyd deserves most of the blame for the incident. Chauvin should not have put this knee on Floyd's neck. He should have eased up on Floyd's neck after Floyd stopped moving, and he should have checked Floyd's vital signs after he stopped moving. But, again, Floyd never would have been pinned on the ground in the first place if he had simply gotten into the back of the police car as he was repeatedly instructed to do.

Two Sides To Every Story: George Floyd And Derek Chauvin – Stateline Network EXTRA
floyd died of drug overdose---------and what chauvin did or didn't do had nothing to do with it.

You are playing games---you know this and yet you want to go after an innocent cop. YOu are sick.

You can also see at the beginning he was reasonably sober. Within a few minutes the drugs start to take effect, and you can see a large difference in his speech, and he becomes paranoid about dying or being alone.
PERIOD
It doesn't matter.

If you punch a person high on drugs and they fall hit their head and die of a head injury it's still manslaughter.

He would of never died except for the person punching him.

PERIOD
It doesn't matter.

You don't know that. Just like you don't know if Floyd would have died if his neck wasn't compressed by a knee

floyd died of drug overdose---------and what chauvin did or didn't do had nothing to do with it.

You are playing games---you know this and yet you want to go after an innocent cop. YOu are sick.

I disagree, he died for the cops kneeling on him and esp Chauvin knee on the neck.

Most people die from covid with preexisting conditions but they still died of covid.

Our video investigation shows that Mr. Chauvin did not remove his knee even after Mr. Floyd lost consciousness and for a full minute and 20 seconds after paramedics arrived at the scene.

On June 3, Hennepin County prosecutors added a more serious second-degree murder charge against Mr. Chauvin and also charged each of the three other former officers — Thomas Lane, J. Alexander Kueng and Tou Thao — with aiding and abetting second-degree murder.
How George Floyd Was Killed in Police Custody - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

,o1 a-3.jpg

PERIOD
It doesn't matter.

You don't know that. Just like you don't know if Floyd would have died if his neck wasn't compressed by a knee

I imagine not he would not be dead due to his tolerance level. He wasn't dead before the incident was he.

PERIOD
It doesn't matter.

I imagine not he would not be dead due to his tolerance level. He wasn't dead before the incident was he.

Right you imagine.

View attachment 474968

He kept his knee on his neck when he became unconscious , 9 mins and 29 seconds, he is guilty as shit.

PERIOD
It doesn't matter.

Right you imagine.

No I do not need to imagine.

View attachment 474968

He kept his knee on his neck when he became unconscious , 9 mins and 29 seconds, he is guilty as shit.
Is he?

Or is the system?

I disagree, he died for the cops kneeling on him and esp Chauvin knee on the neck.

Most people die from covid with preexisting conditions but they still died of covid.
Knee to neck does not KILL-------------stop spinning chit. It is a move that is done hundreds of time everyday in america. Floyd died of drug overdose. The force needed to cut off someone's air supply or blood supply is to great for a knee to one side of the neck and back to cause especially with no signs of trauma. (Bruising, crushed bones, etc.)

Not even manslaughter. There were no signs of asphyxia according to the autopsy.

Chauvin is innocent.

Yes, Floyd DID die of a drug overdose.

. .. and yes, I do agree with you, what Chauvin did wasn't a causative factor.

BUT? What he didn't do had nothing to do with it? THAT, is a bridge too far. He was a callous and poorly trained officer.

Nah, I don't buy that what he "DIDN'T DO" had nothing to do with it, he was negligent.

If our police were adequately trained to recognize the signs of drug use and a potential drug overdose, and they took seriously the motto, "protect and serve," if we held them to the standard that we should, and they treated all citizens' life as sacred as they should?

He neither protected nor served the public, he saw Floyd as an enemy of the public, not a member of the public in crises.

What he DIDN'T do was, indeed, negligent.

New Topics

Forum List

Back