Polar Ice Melting Is Proof of Manmade Climate Change

Quite obviously, the target temperature is that extant before AGW. But we won't get their for centuries. Makes it a little pointless to think about. And the rhetorical nature of your query DOES make you sound like a denier. Are you?

PS, I am curious what you found amusing in my last post where you posted a laughing emoji.

CENTURIES to recover less than a 2 degree temp anomaly? Took LESS than that to recover 2 DegC during the end of ice ages where the NEGATIVE anomaly was like 14 DegC. That's why this study got attention. Because Mars might help ANSWER the question of what the surface temperature forcing factors on a planet WITHOUT a GreenHouse atmos behave like from orbital idiosyncrasies like orbital wobble.

You are correct, I know of no climate that has changed in my lifetime. But it's you all that says it has, and I'm really interested in where that is. Why are you afraid to report where climate changed?

Not SURE how much the global CLIMATE has changed, but I DO know that there has been measured -- by MANY different methods -- a SMALL blip in Global temperature change of about 1.6DegC since about the 1900s. And RELIABLY with satellites over the past 40 years of a warming rate of 0.014 DegC per year or 0.14 DegC per decade.

The reason you dont EXPERIENCE that -- is you need to LIVE another 3 decades at least to measure your denier intuition. LOL...

With all the extra/excess coal burning and coal burning plants that there will need to be to power all these electric vehicles they want all of us to drive..............it's going to get REALLY damned fucking hot on this planet!!!
Don’t forget the coal burning plants necessary to produce the battery packs and solar panels in China.

I know that your sore-loser fascist cult orders you to proclaim your butthurt and stupidity across every topic, but no one is forcing you at gunpoint to obey that command. Any of you can freely choose to _not_ to be cult imbeciles. So why don't any of you choose that course?
It’s really simple, just show us where climate is changed in your lifetime

No one does
Maybe somewhere back in the days of Margaret Thatcher (where I understand this whole AGW thing began) there probably was some bureaucrat that said "yeah, they'll go w/ this" and started spreading the meme. That doesn't matter. What matters to me is that there are so many really nice people in this age who've gotten (so it seems) swept up into this circular logic, and if we question it some how that makes US the bad guys.

Group think run amok

“Polar ice melting” isn’t proof of manmade global warming. It is proof of temperatures reaching above the melting point. But that can come about for all types of reasons.

Does anybody believe that the last time(s) polar ice melted, it was caused by human activities? No? Good. Because that would be a patently ridiculous thing to believe.

Therefore, we need more than speculation to claim that “this time” the melting of polar ice “is” caused by human activity.

“Polar ice melting” isn’t proof of manmade global warming. It is proof of temperatures reaching above the melting point. But that can come about for all types of reasons.

Does anybody believe that the last time(s) polar ice melted, it was caused by human activities? No? Good. Because that would be a patently ridiculous thing to believe.

Therefore, we need more than speculation to claim that “this time” the melting of polar ice “is” caused by human activity.
There are a lot of things that can cause temperatures to change. And scientists can reliably measure or calculate the impact of each of them. And when they do, they can put together a pretty graphic like this:

1673270323178.png

This is from my local copy but you can find it at www.ipcc.ch if you look. This is from pg 92 of the Technical Summary, produced by Working Group I (WGI) for the IPCC's Sixth Assessment Report

Note the large yellow bars at the top of the graph? That is a measure of the impact of CO2 on how much thermal energy strikes the Earth's surface and for how much of the resultant warming it's responsible. Note that in both columns, it is the largest. That is why we believe humans are responsible for the warming that is melting the poles and why it's NOT speculation.

There are a lot of things that can cause temperatures to change. And scientists can reliably measure or calculate the impact of each of them. And when they do, they can put together a pretty graphic like this:

View attachment 746172
This is from my local copy but you can find it at www.ipcc.ch if you look. This is from pg 92 of the Technical Summary, produced by Working Group I (WGI) for the IPCC's Sixth Assessment Report

Note the large yellow bars at the top of the graph? That is a measure of the impact of CO2 on how much thermal energy strikes the Earth's surface and for how much of the resultant warming it's responsible. Note that in both columns, it is the largest. That is why we believe humans are responsible for the warming that is melting the poles and why it's NOT speculation.
Nonsense.

View attachment 746172

/----/"scientists can reliably measure or calculate the impact of each of them"
Depending on which one gets them the most funding... (There, I fixed it for you.)

/----/"scientists can reliably measure or calculate the impact of each of them"
Depending on which one gets them the most funding... (There, I fixed it for you.)
Do you have the tiniest, teeniest, eensy-weensy bit of evidence to provide the faintest hint of a whisper of a squeak of support for your statement? Really, anything? Absolutely anything at all?

Do you have the tiniest, teeniest, eensy-weensy bit of evidence to provide the faintest hint of a whisper of a squeak of support for your statement? Really, anything? Absolutely anything at all?
do you for yours?

There are a lot of things that can cause temperatures to change.

True.

And scientists can reliably measure or calculate the impact of each of them.

Whether scientists actually know every one of the factors involved with global warming is open to debate. And whether they can reliably measure or calculate the impact of the factors that they think they know about is also up for debate. You know what really kills your hypothesis? It is the surveys and projections over the past 30 some years that have always been wrong. Always.

Think about it. Scientists told us that wearing a mask would stop the spread of the Coronavirus, remember that? And we were told that if you got the jab you couldn't infect anyone else, remember that? How many times have we been lied to by scientists? And the democrats want to spend trillions of dollars based on what some scientists tell us, do you really think we can do that without a massive negative economic impact?

The obvious conclusion to come to is that too many Americans are unable to understand the science of climate change.

The debate is best avoided, as the facts play out.
Human caused climate change is not science which is why it is not 'understood' by fact-based folks.

New Topics

Forum List

Back