What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Polar Ice Melting Is Proof of Manmade Climate Change

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quite obviously, the target temperature is that extant before AGW. But we won't get their for centuries. Makes it a little pointless to think about. And the rhetorical nature of your query DOES make you sound like a denier. Are you?

PS, I am curious what you found amusing in my last post where you posted a laughing emoji.

CENTURIES to recover less than a 2 degree temp anomaly? Took LESS than that to recover 2 DegC during the end of ice ages where the NEGATIVE anomaly was like 14 DegC. That's why this study got attention. Because Mars might help ANSWER the question of what the surface temperature forcing factors on a planet WITHOUT a GreenHouse atmos behave like from orbital idiosyncrasies like orbital wobble.

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please stay on the ORIGINAL topic. It's not "Ground Hog Day" for EVERY GW topic tossed in,

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are correct, I know of no climate that has changed in my lifetime. But it's you all that says it has, and I'm really interested in where that is. Why are you afraid to report where climate changed?

Not SURE how much the global CLIMATE has changed, but I DO know that there has been measured -- by MANY different methods -- a SMALL blip in Global temperature change of about 1.6DegC since about the 1900s. And RELIABLY with satellites over the past 40 years of a warming rate of 0.014 DegC per year or 0.14 DegC per decade.

The reason you dont EXPERIENCE that -- is you need to LIVE another 3 decades at least to measure your denier intuition. LOL...

themirrorthief

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The obvious conclusion to come to is that too many Americans are unable to understand the science of climate change.

The debate is best avoided, as the facts play out.
that is precisely what the left is depending on...ignorance

Batcat

Diamond Member
Reaction score
With all the extra/excess coal burning and coal burning plants that there will need to be to power all these electric vehicles they want all of us to drive..............it's going to get REALLY damned fucking hot on this planet!!!
Don’t forget the coal burning plants necessary to produce the battery packs and solar panels in China.

jc456

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I know that your sore-loser fascist cult orders you to proclaim your butthurt and stupidity across every topic, but no one is forcing you at gunpoint to obey that command. Any of you can freely choose to _not_ to be cult imbeciles. So why don't any of you choose that course?
It’s really simple, just show us where climate is changed in your lifetime

expat_panama

Gold Member
Reaction score
No one does
Maybe somewhere back in the days of Margaret Thatcher (where I understand this whole AGW thing began) there probably was some bureaucrat that said "yeah, they'll go w/ this" and started spreading the meme. That doesn't matter. What matters to me is that there are so many really nice people in this age who've gotten (so it seems) swept up into this circular logic, and if we question it some how that makes US the bad guys.

Group think run amok

BackAgain

Neutronium Member & truth speaker #StopBrandon
Reaction score
Now a resident of a Red state! Hallelujah!
“Polar ice melting” isn’t proof of manmade global warming. It is proof of temperatures reaching above the melting point. But that can come about for all types of reasons.

Does anybody believe that the last time(s) polar ice melted, it was caused by human activities? No? Good. Because that would be a patently ridiculous thing to believe.

Therefore, we need more than speculation to claim that “this time” the melting of polar ice “is” caused by human activity.

💲 Amazon Deals 💲

Forum List