Point Break (Movie Fan-Fiction!)

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
One more heist story, inspired by the Patrick Swayze California film Point Break, a story of daring, madness...and policework! It seems to me that what sets American folklore apart is its magical focus on social psychology and human deformity. Thanks for reading,

pb20.jpg

====

Pacific Beach was the home of great sunsets and surfing. It was laid back but also well-developed commercially. There were neo-hippies, strange vampire cults, musicians and artists, and a very nearby prestigious science institute called Salk. It was the site of great modern American traffic and beaches. It was sunny California.

pb21.jpg

PACIFIC BEACH RESIDENT: "This area has been a high-mark for surfing and traveling since the '60s in America!"

pb23.jpg

Isaac lived in Pacific Beach ('PB') for a long time. He liked reading guidebooks about PB that tourists read and compared the notes with his own notes about the layout of PB. Isaac considered himself the honcho of PB. He knew the ins-and-outs of PB. However, he still read these published books about PB. It was what made him rather eccentric even in California, which is eccentric by quality.

pb24.jpg

ISAAC: "I'm a bank robber, and a surfer second, and through it all, I'm a resident of Pacific Beach, and I love California."

bank23.jpg

Isaac worked as a telemarketing salesman and also doubled as a bank robber when he wasn't surfing with his PB crew of surfers. His crew called itself the Ex-Presidents. They favored praising the deeds of ex-Presidents such as Ronald Reagan and Jimmy Carter. However, Isaac's crew was a typical bank robbing critic-team of anti-capitalism angst. However, they didn't consider themselves to be terrorists in any sense of the ugly word!

bb12.jpg

ISAAC: "The Ex-Presidents robbed the Chase Bank in Pacific Beach using toy-guns filled with corrosive acid, but we never fired!"

pb26.jpg

The Ex-Presidents could be foud surfing regularly on Pacific Beach (California). Their signature surfing day was Saturday, so they never robbed a bank on a Saturday. However, on a given Saturday, you might find the Ex-Presidents enjoying the waves and gravity that Pacific Beach had to offer in sunny California which was warm and sunny year-round of course.

pb27.jpg

DETECTIVE BRYAN: "I've been tracking the Ex-Presidents after their 5th bank robbery, and I think I know their leader, Isaac."

ateam3.jpg

Isaac recruited only the best thieves and surfers for his bank robbing crew. These were skilled professionals who, while being theatrical, never exhibited signs of sloppiness or recklessness. They walked in, they ordered everyone get on the ground, and they ordered no one touch any of the alarms while they held the guards hostage. They were always masked, and they sometimes wielded very clever weapons (such as tranquilizer darts and acoustic explosives), but mostly typical handguns.

ali6.jpg

Isaac's girlfriend Teresa was a professional lawyer working in the southern California area. She'd no idea Isaac was the leader of the now infamous Ex-Presidents. She knew however that PB officer Detective Bryan'd been tracking the Ex-Presidents for some time now and secretly followed his progress. You see, Teresa had a nagging hunch that Isaac was indeed the leader of the Ex-Presidents, but she never told him of her suspicion.

ajax1.jpg

ISAAC: "I like buying Teresa custom-made jewelry with my bank robbery loot, if I'm not depositing it in my Swiss accounts."

pb35.jpg

There'd been a long tradition of American bandits and theives taking care of beautiful maidens, and Isaac was no different with the lovely but professional Teresa. However, would this trend in American crime culture continue? Was this a pattern in American traffic in the West, a tendency to cater to highway folklore?

pb34.jpg

DETECTIVE BRYAN: "These Ex-Presidents have been romanticized in the press, but mostly, they're dangerous pirates."

pb29.jpg

Isaac intended to make one last Pacific Beach robbery of the Cue Bank before departing to Tahiti with Teresa and his surfer buddies, the Ex-Presidents. They'd walk into the bank dressed as priests in fake wigs and mustaches and beards, claiming they're robbing the bank in the name of a Third World mission in South America, which would deflate any police and media interest in labeling the thief crew as simply a band of hellish terrorists. This was modern-day Western folklore, but would the Ex-Presidents be branded as racy terrorists (or deadly performers)? What do you think?

====

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

Forum List

Back