Plug the damn hole!

txlonghorn

Mar 9, 2009
Seriously??? That's all you got?

After 36 days and a staff of thinkers, all we get is "Plug the damn hole!" WTF

Tell me about it. It is obvious that these oil companies cannot be trusted to police themselves. Our government will be forced to take these rigs over!

Yes - this is what the ultimate example of affirmative action gets the nation.

It is so clear how "smart" this Obama creature is. So reserved, intelligent, and detached from emotion.

Yeah, right. This guy is pissing himself now, crying out for someone to do the job he was elected to do.

He wants to be president without being bothered with the actual responsibilities of being president.

Just give him the plane, the house, and the dinner parties and let him be...

Tell me about it. It is obvious that these oil companies cannot be trusted to police themselves. Our government will be forced to take these rigs over!

Isn't that typical....send a rookie to do an expert's job. You libs have got it all figured out, right?

On the other hand, maybe that would be a good career move for BO and his staff...politics doesn't seem to be the right fit for them...maybe getting into the oil biz would be more suitable.

This thread has NOTHING to do with the environment...and EVERYTHING to do with BO's incompetence.

This thread has NOTHING to do with the environment...and EVERYTHING to do with BO's incompetence.

What would a competent President have done?

SPECIFICS PLEASE.

Well, now there's a good question! Which I can only answer with another good question.

What's a competent president? Since BO isn't an oil expert, I'd say he's not qualified. So I guess we can take him off the short list immediately. But in an attempt to answer your question, I would suggest that there be some steps taken to end the jaw time and start taking some action.

You want specifics? OK....it's taken them how long to decide that they need to put together a task force? Oh yeah, that's right, 30 days. THIRTY = specific

If they are seriously going to take BP out of the picture, then do it already!!! Quit talking about it and get to it! They've given them plenty of chances...surely the Obama machine can find SOMEONE....ANYONE who can devise a plan to "plug the damn hole".

BO said this in one of his long winded speeches.....I think he rode a unicorn during this one, didn't he? libs? .
America, this is our moment. This is our time. Our time to turn the page on the policies of the past. Our time to bring new energy and new ideas to the challenges we face. Our time to offer a new direction for the country we love.

The journey will be difficult. The road will be long. I face this challenge with profound humility, and knowledge of my own limitations. But I also face it with limitless faith in the capacity of the American people. Because if we are willing to work for it, and fight for it, and believe in it, then I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on earth. This was the moment—this was the time—when we came together to remake this great nation so that it may always reflect our very best selves and..... our highest ideals. Thank you, God bless you, and may God bless the United States of America.
No, God Bless You! Barack Obama!! You healed the sick, well you will in four to six years and stuff when the "free healthcare" kicks in and stuff..... and you "saved or created" good jobs for the jobless!! Well...except when you didn't, and remember that time, when you like lost like 8 million jobs and stuff? Yeah, that was pretty bad....... But you did heal the earth and stuf!! well, except when you didn't, like when you sat on your hands and blamed Bush while millions of gallons of oil spewed into the Gulf of Mexico. Yeah, that was kinda bad and stuff. ......But you did end the war!! Well, except when you didn't and stuff....Oh well, you're still the awesomest President ever!! God Bless Barack Obama!!!

SPECIFICS PLEASE.

Well, now there's a good question! Which I can only answer with another good question.

What's a competent president? Since BO isn't an oil expert, I'd say he's not qualified. So I guess we can take him off the short list immediately. But in an attempt to answer your question, I would suggest that there be some steps taken to end the jaw time and start taking some action.

You want specifics? OK....it's taken them how long to decide that they need to put together a task force? Oh yeah, that's right, 30 days. THIRTY = specific

If they are seriously going to take BP out of the picture, then do it already!!! Quit talking about it and get to it! They've given them plenty of chances...surely the Obama machine can find SOMEONE....ANYONE who can devise a plan to "plug the damn hole".

I thought it was BP's obligation to fix this problem.

A real president would of hit it with a 2-3 kiloton nuke. Which would of closed off the opening and being 17,000 feet down between the bottom of the gulf and the oil; that would of been enough support to have handle the shock wave of the nuke.

Last edited:

SPECIFICS PLEASE.

I thought it was BP's obligation to fix this problem.

it is...and it should be...and they should foot the entire bill, clean up and all. Of course, some don't think that BP can do the job. I'm starting to agree with them. So, as I once heard a very prominent black entertainer say once...OK it was Oprah...

"SOMETHING'S GOT TO BE DID!"

“I’m here to stop the oil leak!” President Obama announced as he approached the oil soaked beach.

“Oh,” the BP official said, “I didn’t think you were going to help.”

“I have been helping,” Obama said, “I’m been yelling at you to do better. That’s a sort of helping. But then I thought of a way to stop the oil leak for good. Know what that method is?”

“Well… I guess we could–”

“Science!” Obama shouted gleefully. “I thought maybe we could use Science! to stop it.”

“Actually, we’ve been using–”

“I got all the best scientific minds together,” Obama continued, “and they were like, ‘Stop bothering us, Obama!’ Then they made fun of my ears. They were mean scientists and I don’t like them anymore. But in the end Professor Science! agreed to come and use Science! to stop the oil leak.”

A man in an impressive white lab coat holding a test tube approached the shore. “It is I: Professor Science!, and I will stop this leak using… Science!”

“Yay!” Obama exclaimed, clapping his hands together excitedly.

“Now stand back, laymen,” Professor Science! said. “Make room for… Science!” Professor Science! approached the shore and held his test tube high. “By the power of Science!, I command the leak to stop!”

Everyone was silent for a few moments waiting to see if anything happened. “Did it work?” Obama finally asked.

“The Science! on whether an oil leak is slowing is… complicated,” Professor Science! said, “but I think it’s… um… yeah, it’s slowing.”

“Yay for Science!” Obama shouted. “Well, I guess we’re done here. I’m going to go to Arizona now and yell at them for being racist.” He started heading away with Professor Science, telling him, “I read that it was racist on the internet.”

“The internet was made with Science!”

“Wow!”

Alone on the shore, the BP official bowed his head. “I wish I thought of using Science!.”

IMAO Blog Archive In My World: Stopping the Oil Leak

While I have a degree in ChemE I am not a petroleum Engineer so some of my info may be off.

From what I am hearing the main motto of BP at this point is "do no moreharm", that is dont make the situation worse. From what I have seen of the leak the wellhead is still intact, with the busted blowout preventer still attached. The leak is from a break in the riser that sunk with the well rig. BP's primary goals are twofold, plug the leak and DO NOT BREAK THE WELLHEAD.

Breaking the wellhead would probably significantly increase the amount of flow from the well. They are probably very concerned that doing anything to the wellhead with a busted riser on it would only make things worse. Hence there attempts to contain the spill at the riser break. Now that that hasn't worked they are going to work at the wellhead with the "top kill." The risks with this are that the methods to be used may damage the wellhead and cause the problem to get worse.

I understand people are frustrated, but real Engineering is not movie Engineering. If the situation in the Armaggedon movie happened in real life the best we could have done was told every person to dig a bomb shelter in 18 days and hope for the best. Deep Impact was actually more realistic as the timeline was longer.

Yes - this is what the ultimate example of affirmative action gets the nation.

It is so clear how "smart" this Obama creature is. So reserved, intelligent, and detached from emotion.

Yeah, right. This guy is pissing himself now, crying out for someone to do the job he was elected to do.

He wants to be president without being bothered with the actual responsibilities of being president.

Just give him the plane, the house, and the dinner parties and let him be...

You stupid fuck! Had Obama asked for the money to control this type of problem when he took office, both the Dems and the Repubs would have hooted him down. He would have had to ask for billions of dollars to purchase the neccessary equipment.

This problem is wholly created the the petroleum companies, and only they have the technology to fix it. At least, we hope they do.:confused:

Forum List

Back