Plot to shut down Baltimore electric grid stopped

Because there hasn't been a national study to find out how many of our law enforcement personnel have active ties to White Supremacist groups across the country despite the historical, and mounting, evidence of it being a problem.

There are enough moles and informants in white supremacist groups that the statistics that you think are important could probably be assembled and published in pretty quick order.

But why do you think that information is important and what use do you see of those statistics once compiled?

Particularly considering the fact that the groups aren't able to engage in any actual misbehavior because of the high number of moles?

I am surprised. I thought they had cameras and stuff.
It depends on the company and the location. As more processes became automated or remotely operated, dedicated local switchmen became less necessary, so manned substations became less common.

Likewise, security personnel became more centralized and security became more automated. The lack of direct security is part of what lead to the severe increase in copper theft in the first decade of this century. Cameras, automatic lights, and such are not tremendous deterrents to dedicated criminals.

Meister is another MAGA racist.

FN2XPC_XsAIT0Xe.jpg

It doesn't matter if they are far right or far left. Anyone that attacks a power or substation should be given the strictest penalty allowable under law.

They are installed in many places, but they’re not always actively monitored. In many cases they would only provide evidence after the fact for the activity that took place. Even if they were monitored, police response times make them ineffective.
After the fact is better than no fact's afterwards.

It doesn't matter if they are far right or far left. Anyone that attacks a power or substation should be given the strictest penalty allowable under law.
Yeah but you know they'll treat your little lefties with the most tender weetle care. Fact. Your leftist think tank will work overtime trying to figure out 40 excuses of why they really didn't mean it, and they came from a broken home, and they were recruited for the cause, and bail should be zero for the little cuddly puppys.

yeah.....i do.....~S~
Everything we have in America was for a culture of Americans who would appreciate it and care for it, and protect it. We have since been losing on that front, and exactly why the root is being avoided of course will be our folly.

FBI foils plan to "destroy" Baltimore by shutting down power grid. A couple of racist...this is the FBI that repubs want to defund.
I just don't understand why any American would do a thing like that. No power could kill off someone recuperating in a hospital who was on life support. :( In this kind of weather, a number of older people could catch their death if they carried a disease like COPD or other immunity complication that require a stable body temperature.

As atheism increases, so do some major personality traits get tossed under the bus like caring for people other than ourselves, helping those in need, furnishing a modicum of respect to older parents, and people who are under the weather. Preemie babies with severe issues could lose their life without medical equipment that requires electricity to keep a preemie going until it can fend for itself as it grows up.

Thieves helping themselves to several truckloads of groceries and dry goods could destroy a marginal business. The list of bad things that would happen to a city or even a small community that got kicked off the power grid is endless.

I tip my hat to the FBI that intervened in the favor of Baltimore, Maryland, where my mother's best friend in her life came from. ❤️ God bless the Hoffman family from Baltimore.

After the fact is better than no fact's afterwards
True, but what we really need is to stop it before the attack occurs. Afterwards you already have the damage, the extended outage, the effect on the public. It’s great to punish the offenders but I’d rather see them stopped ahead of time, like this Baltimore attack.

Nobody has stopped dementia joe from shutting down the electrical grid. He'll keep shutting down coal plants and refineries until we're blacked out.
Lol, well evidently you have electricity or you would not be posting here ya retard. So evidently Joe did not shut down the grid did he retard.

There needs to be stronger deterrence
I have preached that to my employer for two decades now. They, like most utility companies see the cyber threat as a bigger concern. The attacks at the end of last year sent some small ripples through the industry, but not a big enough wave to make serious changes. At least not yet.

Forum List

Back