Plex Media Player -- success!

fncceo

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2016
I'm pretty stoked. I upgraded my NAS server to act as a Plex Media Server. I have about 14TB of movies, TV, and audio on it and I have been using Kodi (previously XBMC) for years.

I like the Plex because it keeps the menu and metadata updates on the server, versus Kodi, which makes me upgrade metadata on each media player whenever I add new content. I have a Kodi Media Player in every room, including kitchen and garage for streaming content to that room.

However, I have never been able to build a media player for Plex that runs on any of my single user computer boards.

Today, I updated LibreElect on an RPI4 and installed the authorized Plex add-on ... it works GREAT! 1080p movie, over WiFi, no stutter, no buffer. Couldn't be happier!

Now I can replace all my Kodi Media Players with upgraded Plex players and enjoy!

Thats all Geek to me!!!

images

Thats all Geek to me!!!

images
It's good stuff so you can be master of your tv and computer. You can keep your movies, tv shows, other HD media collection, etc. and not get stutter and buffer (weird breakup) while streaming. You also get their free library of movies and shows, but it's the usual freebies.

It's good stuff so you can be master of your tv and computer. You can keep your movies, tv shows, other HD media collection, etc. and not get stutter and buffer (weird breakup) while streaming. You also get their free library of movies and shows, but it's the usual freebies.
I prefer the low tech model of streaming through my WiiU for free.

Forum List

Back