Please support a ban on the private ownership of endangered exotic animals.

Oz and the Orchestra

Platinum Member
May 25, 2020
Lake District England
In the US, 5000 Tigers - only 3900 left in the wild.

There are 10,000 Burmese Pythons in the Florida Everglades. These are a result of a build up over many decades and generated from escaped pets. With no natural predator the have decimated the local wildlife driving many species to the brink of extinction.

I'll never give up my kitties...

s_5a2ae7c8eaf030057c03632c.jpg

There are 10,000 Burmese Pythons in the Florida Everglades. These are a result of a build up over many decades and generated from escaped pets. With no natural predator the have decimated the local wildlife driving many species to the brink of extinction.

The Burmese Pythons are a result from a hurrricane............

No, Karen. I'm not supporting that.

Okay but the ownership of these animals isn't what is driving them to extinction. Private ownership could theoretically save them from extinction. I mean if I had had a northern white rhino chained up in my back yard, they wouldn't be extinct.

Okay but the ownership of these animals isn't what is driving them to extinction. Private ownership could theoretically save them from extinction. I mean if I had had a northern white rhino chained up in my back yard, they wouldn't be extinct.
Yea but if you had a women chained up in your back yard, she wouldn't die from corona virus!

Yea but if you had a women chained up in your back yard, she wouldn't die from corona virus!

Women are not endangered, and sadly, are seldom exotic.

The hurricane destroyed the snake house that was supplying the snakes to pet shops but that only a part of the problem snake owners were dumping the snakes in the glades before that storm.
Seems the snake owners were ok with pet snakes until they began to get big. There should be a law that prohibits any exotic animal or reptile be brought into America. South Florida not only has the snakes to deal with but also thousands of Iguanas

The hurricane destroyed the snake house that was supplying the snakes to pet shops but that only a part of the problem snake owners were dumping the snakes in the glades before that storm.
Seems the snake owners were ok with pet snakes until they began to get big. There should be a law that prohibits any exotic animal or reptile be brought into America. South Florida not only has the snakes to deal with but also thousands of Iguanas
What harm are Iguanas?

Funny I suspected people must be dumping them for numbers to get so big!
I just hope they don't start importing bats. Get some from West Africa & China and allow them to breed and you could end up with a highbred Ebola/Corona type virus pandemic that would wipe out millions!

What harm are Iguanas?
They do more harm than good.

Forum List

Back