CDZ Please remind me why we are closing our schools

Kids are missing the most important lessons in life, the social interactions that help them develop relationships and network with other individuals for their future job plans. Missing the dances and normal dating practices as we turn them into shut ins fearing contact with other humans.
My question is what will be the long term mental health effects of the constant state of hiding in fear in an entire generation?

The risk isn't necessarily about the children but the family members and indirect interactions that they may come into contact with that are high risk. If you have classrooms that are full of kids and teachers for hours on end and one kid or one teacher is infected and spreads it then when those kids return home to their potentially higher risk parent or grandparent then they could unintentionally put people are serious risk.

Except that doesn't happen!

How can you say that so definitively? I know at least six people either directly or indirectly that have died from covid since March or got very sick from it. Children can carry a virus just as an adult can. It’s not ideal to close schools and kids are suffering because of it but if these short temporary closures for a couple of weeks during the surges helps keep a child from potentially getting his or her high risk parent or grandparent sick then it’s necessary, especially in the city where people are so densely populated it could lead to disaster which would have things closed even longer. Same can be said for adults too. You put thousands of people on the LIRR every day going to and from the city and other locations on Long Island and you can see why areas are hesitant to really reopen. Most school districts on Long Island are open and I hope they stay open, but all I’m saying is that I understand why some densely populated areas are considering closing them.

Kids do not pass the virus to adults under normal circumstances. Numerous studies show this to be true. The parents catch it from other sources more easily.

Children are filthy little animals ... a perfect vector species for transmission ... no, they don't show symptoms, to better kill the rest of us ...
Yeah, except they don't! Nice collection of false statement you have there.

You don't think children are filthy? ... they don't act as a vector for viruses? ... you must not have children yourself I guessing ... because, well, geez ... that's really naíve of you to say ...

Listen, I had three kids who are now adults and four grandkids. Kids are filthy, but filthy does not spread this virus! You hacking and coughing on me without a mask does!

Last edited:
Kids are missing the most important lessons in life, the social interactions that help them develop relationships and network with other individuals for their future job plans. Missing the dances and normal dating practices as we turn them into shut ins fearing contact with other humans.
My question is what will be the long term mental health effects of the constant state of hiding in fear in an entire generation?

Well, it's only been a year ... and a vaccine within another year ... children bound for college ought not to be too far behind ... the special ed kids would probably improve with a two year break from the horseshit most schools call IDEA programs ...

It's all the kids in the middle ... the ones who don't really enjoy learning past 14 and are just marking time until they can get a decent job at 18 ... I'm not so worried about the coursework they miss, less for them to have to forget, but it sets a bad example ... we as a society encourage education, by closing the schools for two years we send the opposite message ... how many of the teenage children either won't return to school or sit in class being disruptive? ...

We've closed our schools not so much to protect the chilkdren, but rather to protect our aging teacher corps ... meaning this COVID outbreak is a major stressor to an ongoing problem ... tough to get the best people interested in teaching when pay is so low ... a friend of mine taught in Middle School basically for the pension, his wealth came from rental units ...

It supposedly has something to do with Covid-19, but I keep forgetting the logic behind closing our schools. Children are virtually immune from this virus, which is much less dangerous to them than the seasonal flu. Likewise, the great majority of teachers have a very low risk of becoming seriously ill from it (and can wear whatever PPE they feel is appropriate). Please remind me why we are closing our schools and exactly what are we accomplishing by doing this..

Leftists are cowards
And this is more proof you republicans only care about life when it’s in the womb.
Not a Republican. Have told you this 100s of times. Dementia?
Are you a trump supporter? Do you ever vote for Republicans or only Libertarian party?
Yes and of course
Then you’re a republican. Certainly you are on the spectrum.

Many conservatives say what trump is isn’t conservative. The racism, cheating, denying global warming, anti gay bullshit. But republicans do this because they need to in order to win the religious and racist vote. Gloyal warming they deny for the oil companies

Listen, I had three kids who are now adults and four grandkids. Kids are filthy, but filthy does not spread this virus! You hacking and coughing on me without a mask does!

That's funny ... I can only assume you didn't spend much time with your kids when they were young ... I was a stay-at-home mom and I caught everything from my own little brats ... my own mother and my DIL's all say the same ...

That's funny ... I can only assume you didn't spend much time with your kids when they were young ... I was a stay-at-home mom and I caught everything from my own little brats ... my own mother and my DIL's all say the same ...

Keep on assuming! I was a public school teacher for 21 years. I was sick twice in 21 years with pneumonia and I know exactly why I got it. It's called being soaked to the skin in 35 degree weather while training troops in my spare time.

It supposedly has something to do with Covid-19, but I keep forgetting the logic behind closing our schools. Children are virtually immune from this virus, which is much less dangerous to them than the seasonal flu. Likewise, the great majority of teachers have a very low risk of becoming seriously ill from it (and can wear whatever PPE they feel is appropriate). Please remind me why we are closing our schools and exactly what are we accomplishing by doing this..

Leftists are cowards
And this is more proof you republicans only care about life when it’s in the womb.
Are you a trump supporter? Do you ever vote for Republicans or only Libertarian party?
Yes and of course

Many conservatives say what trump is isn’t conservative. The racism, cheating, denying global warming, anti gay bullshit. But republicans do this because they need to in order to win the religious and racist vote. Gloyal warming they deny for the oil companies
You have it all wrong.

This is who I am.

The risk isn't necessarily about the children but the family members and indirect interactions that they may come into contact with that are high risk. If you have classrooms that are full of kids and teachers for hours on end and one kid or one teacher is infected and spreads it then when those kids return home to their potentially higher risk parent or grandparent then they could unintentionally put people are serious risk.

Except that doesn't happen!

How can you say that so definitively? I know at least six people either directly or indirectly that have died from covid since March or got very sick from it. Children can carry a virus just as an adult can. It’s not ideal to close schools and kids are suffering because of it but if these short temporary closures for a couple of weeks during the surges helps keep a child from potentially getting his or her high risk parent or grandparent sick then it’s necessary, especially in the city where people are so densely populated it could lead to disaster which would have things closed even longer. Same can be said for adults too. You put thousands of people on the LIRR every day going to and from the city and other locations on Long Island and you can see why areas are hesitant to really reopen. Most school districts on Long Island are open and I hope they stay open, but all I’m saying is that I understand why some densely populated areas are considering closing them.
School closures are nothing but bad and lockdowns only delay the process. Lockdowns keep the virus active.

Leftists are cowards
Yes and of course

You have it all wrong.

This is who I am.

Regardless of if we give everyone free healthcare, I’ll still love this country. I just think for a thing like healthcare, everyone should have it. The free market does not do this well

Leftists are cowards
Yes and of course

You have it all wrong.

This is who I am.

Regardless of if we give everyone free healthcare, I’ll still love this country. I just think for a thing like healthcare, everyone should have it. The free market does not do this well
Fine. What about the 11mil or so illegals and anchor babies. They should have it too? Notice how quickly expensive it would get. Europe has much tougher access to citizenship.

Leftists are cowards
Yes and of course

You have it all wrong.

This is who I am.

Fine. What about the 11mil or so illegals and anchor babies. They should have it too? Notice how quickly expensive it would get. Europe has much tougher access to citizenship.
Yea we need to only give it to citizens,p. And illegals when identified need to be sent home.

But I’m telling you the secret to solving the problem is to go after illegal employers.

In canada, Germany, Switzerland even China companies don’t hire illegal workers. Only in America. Because illegal employers aren’t afraid they’ll get caught. They used to worry. They need to start worrying again.

Leftists are cowards
Yes and of course

You have it all wrong.

This is who I am.

We have an express Naturalization clause not any form of Immigration clause in our federal Constitution. Blame the Right Wing for our immigration problems!

Where else will they learn the metric system ? The scales on the street corners are highly inaccurate

Schools are deciding when & how to open or close depending on what's going on in there districts. We have no clear plan about anything. bummer.

Schools are deciding when & how to open or close depending on what's going on in there districts. We have no clear plan about anything. bummer.
Online is the key....but they're taught to teach...NOTHING
apache.jpg

I think Democrats are trying to keep COVID around forever because they were able to spin it into a great campaign issue. And that's amazing since they could have never come close to Trump's amazing response. This election was a travesty that will destroy this country if it stands

Try watching real news.
I watch real events not regurgitated leftist babble.
Whatever you do don't change the channel period Fox news in America is the only place you can get your pathetic propaganda, brainwashed functional moron.
Your opinion network is totally full of it. no respected journalist or law enforcement agrees with any of it.

I think Democrats are trying to keep COVID around forever because they were able to spin it into a great campaign issue. And that's amazing since they could have never come close to Trump's amazing response. This election was a travesty that will destroy this country if it stands
Trump's response was basically no response at all, brainwashed functional moron. Any idiot would order a vaccine to be quickly produced any idiot. He delayed doing that too because he listens to Fox and I guess actually believes it.... Hard to say... World's greatest con man and worst businessman / president....

Whatever you do don't change the channel period Fox news in America is the only place you can get your pathetic propaganda, brainwashed functional moron.
Your opinion network is totally full of it. no respected journalist or law enforcement agrees with any of it.
Fox is mostly leftist propaganda, just like the MSM. They however have right wing opinion shows that advertise as such and, stand in contrast to the MSM who pretend all their pundits are objective journalists which they are not. Today it is possible to access many different sources of news including actual real time footage of what is going on. It's best to seek out this information instead of believing what the MSM tells you about what really happened. It's more difficult to access different sources and even take in a wide array of supposed 'new' sources but with the internet it's a lot easier today. The fact that you single out Fox news as 'pathetic propaganda' tells me you have been brainwashed not to seek out information you may disagree with. That makes your opinion pretty worthless.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back