CDZ Please remind me why we are closing our schools

It supposedly has something to do with Covid-19, but I keep forgetting the logic behind closing our schools. Children are virtually immune from this virus, which is much less dangerous to them than the seasonal flu. Likewise, the great majority of teachers have a very low risk of becoming seriously ill from it (and can wear whatever PPE they feel is appropriate). Please remind me why we are closing our schools and exactly what are we accomplishing by doing this..

So Little Billy doesn't catch Covid and spread it to Nana and Pop-Pop when he gets home.

Our school just went virtual. The bus company has shut down the bussing as it's drivers got it and there are no subs. Many kids and teachers are quarantined and substitutes are refusing to come in. There's no bodies left to fill.

Our county is currently on "red alert".
From last week to this week 3000 Americans are dead because of this pandemic and our president is pouting.

He proved everyone was right he doesn’t have the temperament or moral compass to be a leader. This pandemic proved that.

And still republicans are arguing he did a good job. Fucking idiots. They see everything through republican glasses
If buffoon Biden was in charge you have 2 million dead , moron
That’s easy to claim but experts actually say if trump wasn’t trump we’d have much less deaths. Social distancing, fight8ng the scientists and not comparing masks to purses. That alone is all you need to know to prove trump cost more lives than necessary. Just ask Herman Cain.

These people that you claim are experts are only experts in following and bowing down to the system and agenda. There is nothing expert about them.
Nonsense. You’re a bat shit crazy republican who’s been brainwashed to deny science because the oil companies pay republican politicians to do so. This was happening before trump. First they got you denying evolution now global warming.

This is great because before trump made you guys super anti science, you guys would argue that you were not anti science. Now we know for sure. It’s not trump lying. It’s Fauci.

You guys are idiots unfortunately a lot of you vote

It supposedly has something to do with Covid-19, but I keep forgetting the logic behind closing our schools. Children are virtually immune from this virus, which is much less dangerous to them than the seasonal flu. Likewise, the great majority of teachers have a very low risk of becoming seriously ill from it (and can wear whatever PPE they feel is appropriate). Please remind me why we are closing our schools and exactly what are we accomplishing by doing this..

Leftists are cowards
And this is more proof you republicans only care about life when it’s in the womb.

Children are filthy little animals ... a perfect vector species for transmission ... no, they don't show symptoms, to better kill the rest of us ... schools are closed because children hate going to school ... would rather be at home alone while mommy and daddy are at work ... as soon as a schools opens, first thing all the teachers die ... coincidence or planning? ...

This whole matter has House Cat revolution written all over it ... they've begun their take-over by mind controlling the children ... they implanted the thoughts into the Chinese children to go around licking infected bats, then licking each other, then licking their parents ... licking everyone to death ... oh the humanity ... obviously, none of you have spent much time in public schools, or you'd know just how much licking goes on there ...

Our only hope is wet food ... bags of catmint ... and covering our children with hot pepper powder ... use tin for your helmets, aluminum doesn't work against feline aggression ... spay or neuter your children ... it's our only hope ...

That I think may be a reason also. Great thinking. I guess for it to be positive. We have been saying for a long time it is better to home school our children. We all know how the education system is in the US atleast. For one, they don't teach critical thinking skills and just pretty much train you to obey authority and be a good worker bee.

I entirely agree. If this leads to people multiplying private schools and having children home-schooled/tutored instead, like in the old days, that would be a lot better than these Indoctrination Centers they call schools now where children are basically warehoused so they can't get in trouble as much while their parents work. I'd like to see a lot more moms staying at home and having a life.

A virus that both kills & makes people sick in great numbers has been turned into a political football, shame on us.

Our county is currently on "red alert".
From last week to this week 3000 Americans are dead because of this pandemic and our president is pouting.

He proved everyone was right he doesn’t have the temperament or moral compass to be a leader. This pandemic proved that.

And still republicans are arguing he did a good job. Fucking idiots. They see everything through republican glasses
So what? The mortality rate continues to drop every day as testing and case totals identify more people who are or were infected. Of course there will be more cases and even more deaths when you run 2 million tests a day.

Leftists are cowards
And this is more proof you republicans only care about life when it’s in the womb.
Not a Republican. Have told you this 100s of times. Dementia?

Leftists are cowards
Are you a trump supporter? Do you ever vote for Republicans or only Libertarian party?

Leftists are cowards
Are you a trump supporter? Do you ever vote for Republicans or only Libertarian party?
Yes and of course

The risk isn't necessarily about the children but the family members and indirect interactions that they may come into contact with that are high risk. If you have classrooms that are full of kids and teachers for hours on end and one kid or one teacher is infected and spreads it then when those kids return home to their potentially higher risk parent or grandparent then they could unintentionally put people are serious risk.

CORONA 19, as deadly as 1998's flu strain. Old people and people with preexisting health conditions died then and that strain was as virulent. No lockdowns, though. This is not a pandemic, what it Is? Politically driven hysteria.

Children are filthy little animals ... a perfect vector species for transmission ... no, they don't show symptoms, to better kill the rest of us ... schools are closed because children hate going to school ... would rather be at home alone while mommy and daddy are at work ... as soon as a schools opens, first thing all the teachers die ... coincidence or planning? ...

This whole matter has House Cat revolution written all over it ... they've begun their take-over by mind controlling the children ... they implanted the thoughts into the Chinese children to go around licking infected bats, then licking each other, then licking their parents ... licking everyone to death ... oh the humanity ... obviously, none of you have spent much time in public schools, or you'd know just how much licking goes on there ...

Our only hope is wet food ... bags of catmint ... and covering our children with hot pepper powder ... use tin for your helmets, aluminum doesn't work against feline aggression ... spay or neuter your children ... it's our only hope ...

Yeah, except they don't! Nice collection of false statement you have there.

That I think may be a reason also. Great thinking. I guess for it to be positive. We have been saying for a long time it is better to home school our children. We all know how the education system is in the US atleast. For one, they don't teach critical thinking skills and just pretty much train you to obey authority and be a good worker bee.

I entirely agree. If this leads to people multiplying private schools and having children home-schooled/tutored instead, like in the old days, that would be a lot better than these Indoctrination Centers they call schools now where children are basically warehoused so they can't get in trouble as much while their parents work. I'd like to see a lot more moms staying at home and having a life.

Well, except for the fact that most parents can't handle it!

The risk isn't necessarily about the children but the family members and indirect interactions that they may come into contact with that are high risk. If you have classrooms that are full of kids and teachers for hours on end and one kid or one teacher is infected and spreads it then when those kids return home to their potentially higher risk parent or grandparent then they could unintentionally put people are serious risk.

Except that doesn't happen!

Except that doesn't happen!

How can you say that so definitively? I know at least six people either directly or indirectly that have died from covid since March or got very sick from it. Children can carry a virus just as an adult can. It’s not ideal to close schools and kids are suffering because of it but if these short temporary closures for a couple of weeks during the surges helps keep a child from potentially getting his or her high risk parent or grandparent sick then it’s necessary, especially in the city where people are so densely populated it could lead to disaster which would have things closed even longer. Same can be said for adults too. You put thousands of people on the LIRR every day going to and from the city and other locations on Long Island and you can see why areas are hesitant to really reopen. Most school districts on Long Island are open and I hope they stay open, but all I’m saying is that I understand why some densely populated areas are considering closing them.

Last edited:
Children are filthy little animals ... a perfect vector species for transmission ... no, they don't show symptoms, to better kill the rest of us ...
Yeah, except they don't! Nice collection of false statement you have there.

You don't think children are filthy? ... they don't act as a vector for viruses? ... you must not have children yourself I guessing ... because, well, geez ... that's really naíve of you to say ...

Forum List

Back