CDZ Please remind me why we are closing our schools

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
It supposedly has something to do with Covid-19, but I keep forgetting the logic behind closing our schools. Children are virtually immune from this virus, which is much less dangerous to them than the seasonal flu. Likewise, the great majority of teachers have a very low risk of becoming seriously ill from it (and can wear whatever PPE they feel is appropriate). Please remind me why we are closing our schools and exactly what are we accomplishing by doing this..

It supposedly has something to do with Covid-19, but I keep forgetting the logic behind closing our schools. Children are virtually immune from this virus, which is much less dangerous to them than the seasonal flu. Likewise, the great majority of teachers have a very low risk of becoming seriously ill from it (and can wear whatever PPE they feel is appropriate). Please remind me why we are closing our schools and exactly what are we accomplishing by doing this..
Because these kids bring it home to their parents and they give it to the rest of us

Because these kids bring it home to their parents and they give it to the rest of us
That's obvious to anyone with an IQ higher than 80.

Our county is currently on "red alert".
From last week to this week 3000 Americans are dead because of this pandemic and our president is pouting.

He proved everyone was right he doesn’t have the temperament or moral compass to be a leader. This pandemic proved that.

And still republicans are arguing he did a good job. Fucking idiots. They see everything through republican glasses

Closing, re-opening and again closing schools is a psychological military operation intended to groom our future generations to accept life lived under extreme dystopian conditions. Further, it is intended to instill deep, soul shattering fears into their little hearts and minds. Fears only their "hero" government party can chase away.

They're not being indoctrinated by communist zealots?

What schools are closing?
Lots of schools in Michigan are. Scary flu "forced" them to close. Save the children! Two people in Napoleon High School tested positive for the covid flu. Thus the whole county was "triggered".

JACKSON COUNTY, MI -- A Jackson-area school district will bring its entire district into remote learning through the Thanksgiving break.

Napoleon Community Schools Superintendent James Graham told families that an additional positive COVID-19 test within the administration offices of the district triggered the change, he said in a letter on Wednesday, Nov. 11.

On Sunday, the district announced a staff member and student at Napoleon High School tested positive for the virus and transitioned the high school to virtual learning for the week.

no more extracurricular activities allowed either

No, teachers have died from Covid even in limited settings sharing classroom space while dividing the interactions in snaller groups. The problem of overcrowding and needing a smaller student to teacher ratio has always been a problem never addressed. Also we have long needed to separate schools to allow communities of different beliefs (whether LGBT or Christian) to stop imposing on each other but run their own programs by their own terms and policies the taxpayers agree to fund. So we needed to democratize the school system and districts anyway. Covid merely brought out the differences in policy that taxpayers should have a choice in funding. Let schools shut down that want to keep paying teachers while parents do all the work and let those taxpayers fund that who agree. Let other schools keep operating as those taxpayers and working families agree to take responsibility. Either way all districts need to democratize and manage their own schools and health care provisions so taxpayers can be represented under policies they agree to pay for, and stop imposing conflicting policies on others who disagree. We need more schools and more teachers anyway instead of wasting 2-3 times as much funding prisons and paying up to $50k per year per inmate that could fund teacher salaries and medical internships in public health instead of raising taxes.

What schools are closing?

Our county closed all schools Friday Nov. 13 here in Maryland. Our governor, however, is a Democrat-Lite RINO who is power-drunk on COVID bans. I suppose he means to run for something else when his term runs out --- he tried prez already but no one wanted him.

Wrong......a study in Britain, you know, "Science," shows that there is no connection between kids and the spread of the chinese flu.

It's to torture the kids parents---------making them think unclearly and more willing to allow the swamp to do whatever it wants to make the torture end.

Ours shut down as there are no subs and several teachers tested positive. There is no longer enough staff to cover everything. Some districts asked, begged and pleaded for help from the parents.

Our county is currently on "red alert".
From last week to this week 3000 Americans are dead because of this pandemic and our president is pouting.

He proved everyone was right he doesn’t have the temperament or moral compass to be a leader. This pandemic proved that.

And still republicans are arguing he did a good job. Fucking idiots. They see everything through republican glasses
So you agree that Biden and Pelosi and DeBlasio and the gov of LA would have done even worse because they disagreed with Trump’s proaction in denying travel from China a month before Chinese NY and Mardi Gras?

And the rest of us who are not at risk of death from the Blue Plague carry on? What’s your point?

New Topics

Forum List

Back