Plastic coffee

PixieStix

Platinum Member
Apr 2, 2009
I am sooo done with coffee makers made with any kind of plastic.

I purchased a coffee maker and it made my coffee taste like an old sneaker.

Anyone have a good or bad experience they would like to share about the new coffee makers?

what kind of coffee maker did you get?

I purchased one before, it did not taste like plastic, but this one is awful

Coffee Makers - 12 Cup Black Thermal Coffee Maker - FTTX95-1 - Mr. Coffee

I have never been fond of coffee, but I do have two cups every morning to jolt me and I have found a difference in the taste of coffee from different manufacturers. Bunn was the best. Mr. Coffee was good enough and Black and Decker.....5 cupper....is adequate. I like the small size. It comes out to two 12 oz cups, which is just perfect. I didn't care for the taste but then I didn't expect to and now I don't notice it. Creatures of habit? :lol:

what kind of coffee maker did you get?

I purchased one before, it did not taste like plastic, but this one is awful

Coffee Makers - 12 Cup Black Thermal Coffee Maker - FTTX95-1 - Mr. Coffee

I have never been fond of coffee, but I do have two cups every morning to jolt me and I have found a difference in the taste of coffee from different manufacturers. Bunn was the best. Mr. Coffee was good enough and Black and Decker.....5 cupper....is adequate. I like the small size. It comes out to two 12 oz cups, which is just perfect. I didn't care for the taste but then I didn't expect to and now I don't notice it. Creatures of habit? :lol:

I really enjoy a good cup of coffee. I am sort of a coffee snob :D

can you take it back?

Yes. I am going to take care of that tomorrow. Maybe I will go the way of ceramic

Brown Ceramic Double Teapot Coffee Pot with by maggiemaevintage

I have to say.... i do love coffee from a chemex........ it takes a bit more time to brew but its fun! I have a Cuisinart and have never detected any off plastic taste.

Some things... ARE just priceless for amusement and laughs.......

:lmao:

New reputation!
Hi, you have received -9 reputation points from Black_Label.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Eat shit you stupid bitch

Regards,
Black_Label

Note: This is an automated message.

Chemex | Chemex® Coffeemakers & Filters

Cuisinart DCC-1200, Brew Central 12-Cup Home Coffee Maker, Stainless Decor - Coffee Wholesale USA

Last edited:
can you take it back?

Yes. I am going to take care of that tomorrow. Maybe I will go the way of ceramic

I have to say.... i do love coffee from a chemex........ it takes a bit more time to brew but its fun! I have a Cuisinart and have never detected any off plastic taste.

Cuisinart DCC-1200, Brew Central 12-Cup Home Coffee Maker, Stainless Decor - Coffee Wholesale USA

I like this idea > Chemex | Chemex® Coffeemakers & Filters

I am never going with anything made with plastic again

I like this idea > Chemex | Chemex® Coffeemakers & Filters

I am never going with anything made with plastic again

i tell ya though... i HATE the kcups thing.... talk about plastic coffee...thats it!

Plastic is skanky. I use a glass french press and grind my beans when I want to truly enjoy a cup of coffee. Mr. Coffee has never struck me as a quality coffee maker.

I go with a French Press. The coffee has much less acidity and it's taste is truly enhanced!

I looked into the french press, I am impressed and will probably go buy one tomorrow. I am looking forward to one good cup of coffee :beer:

I go with a French Press. The coffee has much less acidity and it's taste is truly enhanced!

I looked into the french press, I am impressed and will probably go buy one tomorrow. I am looking forward to one good cup of coffee :beer:

Check this one out!
Instead of pressing the coffee grounds down, this one pushes the grounds up. Also, I recommend grinding your beans at "coarse".
The Acid Reduction French Coffee Press - Hammacher Schlemmer

I am going to have to look into that. My coffee is important to me
Pixie,

I have a Proctor/Silex electric kettle. The first time I used it there was a strong plastic smell to the water. So I poured it out and did it over three more times, which solved the problem. Then I looked at the little booklet that came with it which said I should expect a plastic odor until at least six full kettles are boiled to "condition" the unit.

Have you tried that? Because the problem in my example was solved after the three boils and I've been using the kettle at least twice a day for about two years now and it's just fine.

Last edited:

Check this one out!
Instead of pressing the coffee grounds down, this one pushes the grounds up. Also, I recommend grinding your beans at "coarse".

How very cool is that. I like it. But it say it is no longer available :mad:

Check this one out!

How very cool is that. I like it. But it say it is no longer available :mad:

Nooooo! I was going to order a couple for Christmas gifts! :mad::mad::mad:

I am going to have to look into that. My coffee is important to me
Pixie,

I have a Proctor/Silex electric kettle. The first time I used it there was a strong plastic smell to the water. So I poured it out and did it over three more times, which solved the problem. Then I looked at the little booklet that came with it which said I should expect a plastic odor until at least six full kettles are boiled to "condition" the unit.

Have you tried that? Because the problem in my example was solved after the three boils and I've been using the kettle at least twice a day for about two years now and it's just fine.

I made 8 pots of coffee, each one was poured out, I used vinegar and used the cleaning method suggested, it did not work. Still smelled and tasted like an old moldy towel.

Apparently the plastic gets hot and emits chemicals. Plastic is bad. I cannot believe I even thought of having any sort of plastic in my kitchen, hate the stuff. But I am also done with it in my coffee too

Last edited:

Forum List

Back