Planet Killer Passing Nearby This Weekend

Saturday morning at around 6AM (I presume EST), an asteroid large enough to cause a nuclear winter and mass extinction event, known to repeatedly and periodically cross the Earth’s orbit thus making it a significant threat will pass by us, only 3.6 million miles from the Earth.

Largest Planet-Killer Asteroid To Approach Earth This Month Arriving On Saturday

That's actually a relatively comfortable distance as the moon is just over 230,000 miles above our heads. If the asteroid was going to pass between us and the moon, then it might be time to seek the deepest hole and a lifetime supply of bourbon to herald in THE END. Besides, Prince is gone and we all survived 1999. I'm just not feeling the energy of celebrating like it's 2020.

Saturday morning at around 6AM (I presume EST), an asteroid large enough to cause a nuclear winter and mass extinction event, known to repeatedly and periodically cross the Earth’s orbit thus making it a significant threat will pass by us, only 3.6 million miles from the Earth.

Largest Planet-Killer Asteroid To Approach Earth This Month Arriving On Saturday

That's actually a relatively comfortable distance as the moon is just over 230,000 miles above our heads. If the asteroid was going to pass between us and the moon, then it might be time to seek the deepest hole and a lifetime supply of bourbon to herald in THE END. Besides, Prince is gone and we all survived 1999. I'm just not feeling the energy of celebrating like it's 2020.

Yes. Of course. Even if it were passing INSIDE the Moon's orbit, it is still infinitesimal compared to the volume of space between us and Luna. This asteroid could even hit our upper atmosphere at a grazing incidence and it would skip off and pass harmlessly back out into space. THE POINT BEING that as a NEO that repeatedly crosses our orbit, and the number of others like it, it is only a matter of time before one of these things or the many others as yet still undiscovered, DOES impact us.

I count 21 KNOWN mass extinction events of life in the history of the Earth, that we can find geological record of, since life arose. It'll be happening again.

Yes. Of course. Even if it were passing INSIDE the Moon's orbit, it is still infinitesimal compared to the volume of space between us and Luna. This asteroid could even hit our upper atmosphere at a grazing incidence and it would skip off and pass harmlessly back out into space. THE POINT BEING that as a NEO that repeatedly crosses our orbit, and the number of others like it, it is only a matter of time before one of these things or the many others as yet still undiscovered, DOES impact us.

I count 21 KNOWN mass extinction events of life in the history of the Earth, that we can find geological record of, since life arose. It'll be happening again.

The big difference is that for the first time in the planet's history, given enough warning, the dominant specie has a shot of averting the disaster.

The best thing we can do is improve our NEO detection program.

This on the other hand, will be a real close approach.

99942 Apophis - Wikipedia

How appropriate. Just in time to save us from that year's Tax Due Date.

The big difference is that for the first time in the planet's history, given enough warning, the dominant specie has a shot of averting the disaster.

A shot. Yes, right now a one in a million shot.

A shot. Yes, right now a one in a million shot.

It depends on the duration of the warning. Next week, we are hosed, 2025, we might have a shot, 2035, we should be able to figure something out.

ps.jpg
th

Can I guarantee you that this will not happen? The Bible says not. God even put Jupiter in the way.

Can I guarantee you that this will not happen or will you be a skeptic? The Bible says not. God even put Jupiter in the way.

Furthermore dinosaurs were not killed by the Chicxulub asteroid or comet. It was not an asteroid or comet, but probably a volcano.

The sky is falling!!! The sky is falling!!! Relex, it's only an atheist and secular science fairy tale. However, we can learn a lesson from it, but few of us will :aug08_031:.

Can I guarantee you that this will not happen or will you be a skeptic? The Bible says not. God even put Jupiter in the way.

Furthermore dinosaurs were not killed by the Chicxulub asteroid or comet. It was not an asteroid or comet, but probably a volcano.

The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water— 11 the name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter

The ONLY thing God promised was that He would not destroy the entire earth with a flood again. He made no other promises.

You have THEORIES about the dinosaurs and even Jupiter, but they are only theories. In the end, only God decides Man's future, not a man who thinks he speaks for Him.

The sky is falling!!! The sky is falling!!! Relex, it's only an atheist and secular science fairy tale. However, we can learn a lesson from it, but few of us will :aug08_031:.

"The sky is falling!!! The sky is falling!!! Relex, it's only an atheist and secular science fairy tale. "

I KNEW it was liberals!

always blame the liberals.....

is it raining on your picnic?

FKN LIBERALS!

did someone honk at you because you cut them off?

FKN LIBERALS!

Asteroid about to demolish the planet?

goddamn fkn liberals....

So...if an asteroid was about to hit the planet and destroy it would you use the remaining time to kill as many liberals as you could?

just to make sure?

Forum List

Back