Plan to ban automatic deduction of public employee union dues clears House panel

Mostly: in this area (a union stronghold as far back as the 30's), almost all jobs in my field are union!

Then you must live in the one and only place in the country where unions still dominate the work force. Nationally the non governmental unions represent less than 10% of the work force. But in your case it's close to what? 100%?

What area you live in and what do you do? Just curious. I used to live in a real union city where most jobs had union representation. The UAW was the biggie. Then printing. Machining. Tire building. Etc.

None of those jobs are here now and the unions are long gone. And the city (Dayton, Oh) is a shell of what it once was.

But that's what happens when you remove thousands of good paying union jobs from a city. Things go to shit fast.

According to Republicans, it's NOT OK for an auto deduction which costs nothing, but IT IS OK to use your cell phone to pay, and PAY A FEE.

I LOVE IT.....screw workers and suck your contributors all at once! YOU GO REPUBLICANS!!!!!!

Plan to ban automatic deduction of public employee union dues clears House panel News The Advocate Baton Rouge Louisiana

What do you mean "It costs nothing"?
Someone has to do the work, and that "someone" is getting paid to do the job.
Why should the government collect the union dues?
Let the lazy-ass union collect their own dues.
Collecting the union dues is the job of the financial secretary, NOT the governments.

Mostly: in this area (a union stronghold as far back as the 30's), almost all jobs in my field are union!

Then you must live in the one and only place in the country where unions still dominate the work force. Nationally the non governmental unions represent less than 10% of the work force. But in your case it's close to what? 100%?

What area you live in and what do you do? Just curious. I used to live in a real union city where most jobs had union representation. The UAW was the biggie. Then printing. Machining. Tire building. Etc.

None of those jobs are here now and the unions are long gone. And the city (Dayton, Oh) is a shell of what it once was.

But that's what happens when you remove thousands of good paying union jobs from a city. Things go to shit fast.

Keep rereading the post you quoted until it sinks through your thick skull. I'm a truck driver, most of my experience is in the beverage industry, and except for seasonal work, most of the local companies are union.

I didn't apply for a "union job". The union came in about 3 years later!

You forgot to mention that an election was held and that the majority of workers voted to have a union representing them in worker/management relations.

Now you had a couple choices to make after the union was voted in. Quit was a choice. And continuing to work was another. You seem to have chosen to work under a union contract.

Why you bitching now? You had a choice and made it. What's the problem?

Elections don't make it voluntary for people who vote "no," nimrod. The election is imposed on the employer and the employees who vote "no." It's still not voluntary. Majority rule is not consent.

Because I am paying (basically at gunpoint) a bunch of money that,

Come on dude. Hyperbole much?

Who holds a gun to your head to collect union dues?

And you STILL work there? Why? Go get yourself a real non union job. What is the problem?

The government holds a gun to the employer's head, asshole. And that's the same as holding it to your head.

I love the way Stalinist assholes like you try to pretend your schemes don't involve the use of force just like every Mafia extortionist pretends.

I'm a truck driver, most of my experience is in the beverage industry,

About The Teamsters
Founded in 1903, the Teamsters mission is to organize and educate workers towards a higher standard of living.

There are currently 1.4 million members under 21 Industrial Divisions that include virtually every occupation imaginable, both professional and non professional, private sector and public sector.

Teamster? Aren't there independent trucking jobs out there? Or do you like the fixed schedule, the dependable hours and the good pay that the union helps to make happen?

The government holds a gun to the employer's head, asshole. And that's the same as holding it to your head.

You fucking punk. Prove what you say or shut the fuck up.

"Government holding a gun to the employer's head". Fucking bullshit.

Unions are voted for by the employees. You don't want to work for a union? Then fucking don't work for a company where the employees have voted in a union.

I know you are fucking stupid, but how hard is that to understand?

Again, if you really owned a business, you would know that nothing in business costs nothing. Electronic systems break down, data is entered wrong by employees, HR people spend time explaining the paperwork to set up the deductions, print or buy the forms that are signed for the deductions, all those deductions add hours to accounting and audit procedures. Payroll employees spent hours on the phone explaining deductions. IT people have to spend hours debugging the deduction system with every upgrade. Someone has to take the time to file the deduction paperwork. Someone has to take the time to shred that paperwork when the employee quits or retires. Someone has to print up a list to send to the union of all the changes in employment. Someone has to field questions from the union about discrepancy.

And that's just what I can think of off the top of my head.

And if you owned the business that you say you do, you'd have thought of them too.

Hello dinosaur, ever hear of redundancy?

Hello dinosaur, it's 2015, payroll departments are completely automated, as a matter of fact, my payroll department for 300+ employees is one person, and the ONLY reason she's there is fixing human error.

A whole 300 people?...How big do you think the payroll department is for the state of Louisiana? Do you think they are completely automated?

Or do you think they are a huge bureaucracy that have hard copies every form in triplicate?

Yes. Every State is automated.

Are you saying the entire State of Louisiana Department of Fiance consist of just one person sitting there monitoring a looking for human error??????

I'm a truck driver, most of my experience is in the beverage industry,

About The Teamsters
Founded in 1903, the Teamsters mission is to organize and educate workers towards a higher standard of living.

There are currently 1.4 million members under 21 Industrial Divisions that include virtually every occupation imaginable, both professional and non professional, private sector and public sector.

Teamster? Aren't there independent trucking jobs out there? Or do you like the fixed schedule, the dependable hours and the good pay that the union helps to make happen?
OK...one more time for the slow kid: except for seasonal work, most of the local companies are union.

(And note: I don't have a fixed schedule or dependable hours.)

You forgot to mention that an election was held and that the majority of workers voted to have a union representing them in worker/management relations.

Now you had a couple choices to make after the union was voted in. Quit was a choice. And continuing to work was another. You seem to have chosen to work under a union contract.

Just like liberals bitching about low wages and it is not fair and making them get a another job is wrong. Now it's a choice? Lol!

Then move, why complain? Do something about it.

Because I am paying (basically at gunpoint) a bunch of money that, aside from supporting politicians I despise, accomplishes NOTHING. Calling my union "worthless" would be charitable. Basically: the head of the local and most of the officers are all from UPS. We're not UPS...so they just don't give a shit.

Also note that the first year after the union came in, I took a pay CUT. Thanks a fuckload, guys!

Did you work at Hostess? Did management get a raise and a bonus?

Great. So when they change the law, the union can send a monthly bill to members to collect the dues.
Glad we're in agreement.
The point is that involuntary deductions happen; it is arbitrary and capricious to Only have a problem with union dues.

The point is that involuntary deductions happen

List them for me.

Do you get the feeling that Daniel has no idea what an involuntary deduction is and is making it up?

He's probably a union guy with no imagination.

Actually, no...he's probably just stoned, as usual.
The point is that involuntary deductions happen; it is arbitrary and capricious to Only have a problem with union dues.

Most of them just don't give a shit. I see no point in wasting my time.

What do you call bitching about a union on a message board? Productive? LMAO.
Quit if you don't like where you work. What is so hard about that?

A liberal telling people to quit bitching? Zeke, you are very funny today.

Really. We've listened to queers bitching for 30 years about their so-called "right" to get married.

Unions are voted for by the employees. You don't want to work for a union? Then fucking don't work for a company where the employees have voted in a union.

Oh, puhleeze, you can't be serious. Why would the employer even talk to a union if they weren't compelled to? Why would the employer even allow union officials on company property? I certainly wouldn't. I would tell the union assholes to get the fuck off my property.

The only reason that firms "negotiate" with unions is the fact that the government forces them to. It holds a gun to their heads. Union are nothing but a gang of thugs who have government leg breakers to enforce their extortion on private business.

Oh, puhleeze, you can't be serious. Why would the employer even talk to a union if they weren't compelled to? Why would the employer even allow union officials on company property? I certainly wouldn't. I would tell the union assholes to get the fuck off my property.

The only reason that firms "negotiate" with unions is the fact that the government forces them to. It holds a gun to their heads. Union are nothing but a gang of thugs who have government leg breakers to enforce their extortion on private business.
Maybe, Labor thought the owner was a lousy Capitalist anyway, and they might as well form a union.

According to Republicans, it's NOT OK for an auto deduction which costs nothing, but IT IS OK to use your cell phone to pay, and PAY A FEE.

I LOVE IT.....screw workers and suck your contributors all at once! YOU GO REPUBLICANS!!!!!!

Plan to ban automatic deduction of public employee union dues clears House panel News The Advocate Baton Rouge Louisiana
I think it's a good idea to not force the taxpayers to subsidize the DNC through forced dues of public school teachers to the NEA.
But, it is ok to subsidize corporate management for spending on lobbying from proceeds with tax breaks or simply not really caring about the employees or stockholders?
Separate issues. Neither a qualifies the other. Deal with them separately. Start with removing the DNC wage garnishments.

Lol of course.

You'll tell us how you give a shit about the "freedom of the worker" but in reality, you want to eliminate the competition to bring in a one party government system (Communism anyone?).

But when companies use their money that their workers help bring in to thwart the very protections they have in the workplace, well that's okay because they are republicans.

Hypocrites abound

The point is that involuntary deductions happen

List them for me.

Do you get the feeling that Daniel has no idea what an involuntary deduction is and is making it up?

He's probably a union guy with no imagination.

Actually, no...he's probably just stoned, as usual.

But many of us have a problem with all the deductions, so your point is moot.

Forum List

Back