Plan coming into focus how House repubs want to cut SS and Medicare

The Democrats will oppose raising the retirement age with every fiber of their being.
Wishful thinking. No doubt they will continue pretending to. Meanwhile, explain Biden's repeated attempts to put them "on the table"? Two Corporate Parties, joined at the hip, forever screwing the workers for their owner/donor's benefit.
The idiots would rather raise taxes on everyone.
There ya go. Sing it, oh great, big balled Swami,.. Eat The Rich!

..or did you really mean to sing Screw The Poor!?

Love me some howlers!

They make life so much fun!

Mercy me! We got a lot of 'em in this forum.

And we got a lot of stupid shits on this forum too. How is it that four years ago, why who gave a damn about budget deficits, yeah--it was higher then. And nobody said shit about Medicare and Social Security. Nope, the topic of the day was TAX CUTS. Hell, we had so much money then we could afford to cut taxes, for both individuals and especially corporations. God knows they pay so much anyway, LOL. Republicans had the House, the Senate, and the Executive. They accomplished one thing, cutting taxes.

Now, suddenly, well they are all concerned about Medicare and Social Security. I call horseshit. I mean do they not tire of this same old song and dance? How many times have we been down this road. Reagan, cut taxes, Bush Sr., "read my lips", Clinton--OMG, we need to look at Social Security. Bush Jr., we had so much money he talked about giving it back in the form of tax cuts. Then Obama, OMG, Social Security and Medicare are going broke. Have Republican's never read Aesop's fables?

If Republicans are serious about the problem, and if the problem is really that bad, there are very simple solutions. For Medicare, it is easy, eliminate Medicare Advantage. Yep, it was Republicans that told us turning over the responsibility of Medicare to private insurers would reduce costs and improve efficiency. Boy howdy, that sure blew up in their face. Eight of the top ten players have submitted inflated bills, they represent two-thirds of the market. At the very least, eliminate the Medicare Risk Adjustment which has resulted in fraudulent charges in the billions, that is BILLIONS, of dollars.

For Social Security, eliminate the cap on income subject to the tax, and include unearned income in the equation. Additionally, make it means tested. Pretty sure Donald Trump cashes his Social Security check every month. To hear him tell it, he is rich, fabulously rich. He don't need it. We already require those with high incomes to forgo the Medicare premium subsidy, time we yanked their Social Security check as well. And the funny thing, those with the highest incomes have to pay over $560 a month for Medicare, and they don't bat an eyelash. Losing that three grand a month Social Security check ain't going to hurt them either.

I mean the only thing worse than these bought and bossed right-wing, Trump boot licking, representatives is the idiots that support them. I mean let's be real, when you are as dumb as MTG, Boerbert, and Gaetz, well you can't get elected to Congress without selling your soul to some dark money group. Santos might be the best example yet. A flamer dumbass who can't pay his damn rent suddenly has hundreds of thousands of dollars to loan to his campaign. Yeah, his ass is going to jail. One thing is for certain, you can certainly buy your way into Congress, but you can't buy integrity. If the American people can't ascertain that reality they deserve the fawking they are most certainly going to get.

And we got a lot of stupid shits on this forum too. How is it that four years ago, why who gave a damn about budget deficits, yeah--it was higher then. And nobody said shit about Medicare and Social Security. Nope, the topic of the day was TAX CUTS. Hell, we had so much money then we could afford to cut taxes, for both individuals and especially corporations. God knows they pay so much anyway, LOL. Republicans had the House, the Senate, and the Executive. They accomplished one thing, cutting taxes.

Now, suddenly, well they are all concerned about Medicare and Social Security. I call horseshit. I mean do they not tire of this same old song and dance? How many times have we been down this road. Reagan, cut taxes, Bush Sr., "read my lips", Clinton--OMG, we need to look at Social Security. Bush Jr., we had so much money he talked about giving it back in the form of tax cuts. Then Obama, OMG, Social Security and Medicare are going broke. Have Republican's never read Aesop's fables?

If Republicans are serious about the problem, and if the problem is really that bad, there are very simple solutions. For Medicare, it is easy, eliminate Medicare Advantage. Yep, it was Republicans that told us turning over the responsibility of Medicare to private insurers would reduce costs and improve efficiency. Boy howdy, that sure blew up in their face. Eight of the top ten players have submitted inflated bills, they represent two-thirds of the market. At the very least, eliminate the Medicare Risk Adjustment which has resulted in fraudulent charges in the billions, that is BILLIONS, of dollars.

For Social Security, eliminate the cap on income subject to the tax, and include unearned income in the equation. Additionally, make it means tested. Pretty sure Donald Trump cashes his Social Security check every month. To hear him tell it, he is rich, fabulously rich. He don't need it. We already require those with high incomes to forgo the Medicare premium subsidy, time we yanked their Social Security check as well. And the funny thing, those with the highest incomes have to pay over $560 a month for Medicare, and they don't bat an eyelash. Losing that three grand a month Social Security check ain't going to hurt them either.

I mean the only thing worse than these bought and bossed right-wing, Trump boot licking, representatives is the idiots that support them. I mean let's be real, when you are as dumb as MTG, Boerbert, and Gaetz, well you can't get elected to Congress without selling your soul to some dark money group. Santos might be the best example yet. A flamer dumbass who can't pay his damn rent suddenly has hundreds of thousands of dollars to loan to his campaign. Yeah, his ass is going to jail. One thing is for certain, you can certainly buy your way into Congress, but you can't buy integrity. If the American people can't ascertain that reality they deserve the fawking they are most certainly going to get.
Great points! But..
For Social Security, eliminate the cap on income subject to the tax,
Absolutely. That alone would solve at least half the problem with automatic adjustment for inflation built in. Implementing real Medicare4All would fix the rest. Yes, privatizing basic human needs must stop. In addiction to collecting taxes, paying debts, and providing for the defense, Article 1 of the Constitution unequivocally states that Congress "shall" provide for the general Welfare. By now it should be patently clear to all that huge corporations simply cannot be trusted
to provide either health insurance or care at reasonable cost.
and include unearned income in the equation. Additionally, make it means tested.
Meh and no. Sure, tax capital gains and interest at the same "progressive" rate as "earned" income. K.I.S.S. But let the rich enjoy their SS checks like everyone else. With no cap they'll be paying dearly for them anyway.. as they damn well should.

Oh no, Radar's been shot! Hot Lips and Hawkeye dash out with a stretcher to meet the ambulance, but two idiots from Aetna and United Healthcare stop them, demanding the procedural codes they anticipate billing for along with Radar's current insurance information..

Threatening default is not fearmongering. Especially with insurrections in leadership positions.
Democrats have fearmongered Republicans cutting Social Security and Medicare for 50 years. The details change here and there.

When are these relics going to come up with some positive ideas ?

The Social Security and Medicare eligibility ages need to be raised to 70 and indexed to 9 percent of the population going forward.

We are living DECADES longer than our ancestors who enacted those programs. We need to work longer. That's just plain common sense.

A smaller and smaller proportion of the working population is supporting a larger and larger proportion. It is blindingly obvious this cannot continue. Anyone with more than two brain cells can see this is unsustainable.
You already don't receive full benefits until you are 70...

The Social Security and Medicare eligibility ages need to be raised to 70 and indexed to 9 percent of the population going forward.

We are living DECADES longer than our ancestors who enacted those programs. We need to work longer. That's just plain common sense.

A smaller and smaller proportion of the working population is supporting a larger and larger proportion. It is blindingly obvious this cannot continue. Anyone with more than two brain cells can see this is unsustainable.
No one lived past 65 back in the day? I didn't know that. Thank you. What's even more unsustainable is the never ending payoffs and kick backs politicians do all the time. Howl about that, monkey.

No one lived past 65 back in the day? I didn't know that. Thank you. What's even more unsustainable is the never ending payoffs and kick backs politicians do all the time. Howl about that, monkey.

Funny. I could have sworn my great grandma was just a few months shy of 99 when she died, back in 1959.

Every friggin time the Democrat filth lose the House the lying sonofabitches start in with their bullshit on how Republicans want to throw Granny off the cliff by cutting Social Security and everything else.

They are the Party dishonesty, hate and fear, not to mention a fiscal disaster.

Forum List

Back