Places of Worship Now Essential Service

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; "

There are no codicils or exemptions. Period.
Has Congress made such a law?

Do you EVER get tired of your utter ignorance making you look like a fool? Or are you so stupid you don't even know it's happening?

Fourteenth Amendment, chucklehead.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

The courts have interpreted this ever since to mean that states and lesser governments are bound by the same restrictions in the Bill of Rights that the federal government is.

Go ahead, tell us more about the restrictions you "know" you're allowed to put on other people's freedoms based on your lifelong hatred of having any freedom yourself.

April 16th, Trump announced that the governors are going to be in charge of opening their states back up. Apparently, he's changing that because he thinks it looks good for him politically.

First he tells the governors that it's in their hands, now, he's changed his mind and said he's gonna be the one to get things rolling.

"You're gonna call your own shots," Mr. Trump told governors on the call, according to an audio recording obtained by CBS News. "I've gotten to know almost all of you. Most of you I've known and some very well beforehand. You're very capable people. I think in all cases very capable people. And you're gonna be calling your shots. We'll be standing right alongside of you. And we're gonna get our country open, and get it working and our people want to get working."

And, because people can pray and worship at home, churches really aren't required, I'm wondering why in the hell they are considered "essential".
If you have to ask that question..

I feel sorry for you,I really do

I personally don't consider churches to be "essential", because I can pray and talk with God anywhere and anytime I want. Churches aren't required for that. Matter of fact, it was because of churches that I abandoned religion when I was 18. But, a few years later and learning and talking with friends who were smarter than I about it, I came to the realization that no one religion is "right", and that I would get further along my spiritual path if I wasn't weighed down by the dogma of one religion over the other.

You don't even know what religion is..

The definition is in the Bible James 1:27 (I think) care for widows and orphans...and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world
The Left hate the idea of the poor being taken care of by individuals.

Where would Donald Plump have the authority to over rule governors?
Where do the Governors get the authority to nullify the US Constitution?
What precisely does the 1st amendment say? And which governors prohibited worship? Just because congregating en mass is prohibited for health and safety, that does not prohibit worship.
Because government cannot dictate the manner in which people worship, and the right of assembly is in the First for the express purpose of keeping government authority limited.

If government can dictate the manner in which people worship, they can then dictate HOW people worship and that is establishing a religion.
Ask a voodoo priest if his manner of worship has been constrained. And what precisely does that amendment say?

Sounds like you know as little about voodoo as you do about every other religion, AND about civil rights in general.

Post the statutes outlining that process
No. Sorry. You can figure it out. The emergency powers of executives are very broad. That includes the president and governors.

"There are laws, and NO I don't need to tell you what they are. Go figure out why I'm right for me!"

As far as I'm concerned, you just told us you lied and are full of shit.

The better question would be what gives numb nuts like Cuomo, Whitmer and Newsom the right
to impinge on the 1st Amendment?
None of those governors said "do not worship"

No, they said, "Don't worship in a way that we don't like."

I realize that you've never believed in anything except your masters' orders, but for REAL people, that's exactly the same as saying, "Don't worship".

Point it out exactly in the Constitution where that authority exists.
If you have a point to make, make it. I am not your mommy or your assistant.

"I don't have to prove it, I just have to say it and demand that YOU prove me right!"

Exactly the same as telling us you made it up.

That's . . . what? Three or four lies you just admitted to telling in this one thread?

I said no such authority exists in the Constitution.
And I said.... neato!

But it does exist in the code of law.

So here we are.

Really? Where in the Constitution is the government given the right to shut down churches because of an epidemic?

Would you have stood up for a governor when aids first became popular closing all of the Episcopalian churches that supported Sodomy?

I seem to vaguely recall much screeching from ignorant leftists like Fart about the "violation of civil rights" when mayors closed down the gay bathhouses back when HIV/AIDS first made an appearance.

The better question would be what gives numb nuts like Cuomo, Whitmer and Newsom the right

I realize that you've never believed in anything except your masters' orders, but for REAL people, that's exactly the same as saying, "Don't worship".
Which governor said what you quoted?

You're playing fast and loose with facts and quotes.

Be stupid on your own time. You can't hoodwink everyone into your mindless canards.

Be stupid on your own time. You can't hoodwink everyone into your mindless canards.
You really claiming no Governor said don’t sing in Church?

Aren't most churches open? With restrictions?
Restrictions?
Why?
B05E2175-EF28-40FF-AD28-AA804C0AEC95.jpeg

You really claiming no Governor said don’t sing in Church?
That's NOT THE QUOTE!

New Topics

Forum List

Back