Places of Worship Now Essential Service

Where would Donald Plump have the authority to over rule governors?
Shutting down churches is a constitutional violation, also called a crime, something you support.
No one said DO NOT WORSHIP!
Deflection fail commie. Shutting the churches down is a violation if the BoR.
No. The rites and rituals of religious worship are not infringed by social distancing.

Actually, they are. There is no way to baptize a baby from 6'
Worship has been conducted on television, in drive-in movie theaters and in cloistered monasteries. On short wave radio, from the hoods of Jeeps near the front, on tailgates of pick up trucks and Conestoga wagons. In cathedrals and basilicas and mosques and synagogues. On the bunks in Treblika and in the aisles of St. Peter's.

There are infinite venues for worship.

"This can be done, therefore I, as supreme religious overlord, declare that that is all that needs to be done and what shall be done, for everyone!!"

Seriously, therapists can help with that god complex. Look into it.

Freedom to assemble for worship has a tad bit of history in our nation. Going back to Plymouth Rock.
But worship is not excluded to mega-churches. Worship happens everywhere. And responsibility lays with responsible congregations.

. . . Says the douche nozzle who wants to personally dictate to those same congregations.

Shutting down churches is a constitutional violation, also called a crime, something you support.

No, you just want to define for other people what "worship" means. If you weren't a hubristic narcissist, you would understand that that is exactly the same thing.
Worship is not intended to endanger the health of fellow congregants. If your form of worship means you must be closer than six feet away, remove your mask and sing into my face, then I would modify my worship.

Dogma is not an excuse to endanger others.

In other words, "Of course I want to define worship for you, because I am God now!"

Please take careful note of your phrase: "If your form of worship". MY form of worship. Not yours. All your other straw men aside, that's really the only part that matters. It is MY worship. Not yours. Not for you to decide. Don't even bother coming back with another of your self-righteous diktats on, "Well, this is what worship is and what it requires, because I see it that way", because you yourself just invalidated anything you have to say on the subject by admitting that it is MY worship, and therefore you have nothing TO say about it.

Thank you. You may now leave for your psychotherapy session to cure you of the notion that you are God.

No. The rites and rituals of religious worship are not infringed by social distancing.

When were you chosen head of any church, that you think you get to decide that?
Combat soldiers at the front observe rites and rituals modified to their circumstance. Are mitigation protocols just so fucking egregious that you and other petulant people say mply cannot abide them under any circumstance?

Why should the lowest common denominator rule the wise?

"I consider it trying to rule me if you insist on doing things that I don't approve of!"

Unless someone is coming to your house and marching you off to church at gunpoint, asshole, you just invalidated your entire post AGAIN.

We aren't in combat. We aren't soldiers. You aren't the Joint Fucking Chiefs. And what I do or don't do in service of my religious beliefs is none of your business.

I'm tired of hearing this line about, "You must change your whole life so that I can feel 100% safe from all germs, your immune system is now my property to run to suit me!" If you don't want to get sick, I suggest you modify your own life to fit your paranoia, rather than trying to modify mine for it.

People should be able to have a place of worship...just as long as these churches provide safety and follow guidelines.
Trump did say that he would leave reopening up the economy to the governors. But apparently, some of these blue state governors rather keep the lockdown longer. For what? Oh yeah, because if you keep the lockdown intact...people can't go places. People cannot buy anything. And people can't go to places they worship.

If people are real Christians they can worship anywhere they don't need a building.

If people care what you think a "real Christian" is or does, they will tell you. Please hold your breath waiting for that.

It's so essential that the Founding Fathers put "freedom to worship" at the top of the list when they created the 1st ten Amendments to the Constitution aka the Bill of Rights.

Did they say "freedom to worship" had to be in a building?

Does "freedom of worship" say that you get to decide it DOESN'T? What part of the word "freedom" sounds like, "I get to tell you what you need"?

Freedom to assemble for worship has a tad bit of history in our nation. Going back to Plymouth Rock.
But worship is not excluded to mega-churches. Worship happens everywhere. And responsibility lays with responsible congregations.
Who brought up mega churches? Topic is freedom to assemble and worship.
Exact reason the Pilgrims left England.
Worship has been conducted on television, in drive-in movie theaters and in cloistered monasteries. On short wave radio, from the hoods of Jeeps near the front, on tailgates of pick up trucks and Conestoga wagons. In cathedrals and basilicas and mosques and synagogues. On the bunks in Treblika and in the aisles of St. Peter's.

And at no point in time did any of those people ask for YOUR dictates as to how or what they "needed" to do.

Topic is freedom to assemble and worship.
No, the actual topic is granting special considerations to magical horseshit that are not afforded to normal, sane stuff.

"Special considerations" such as the First Amendment guarantee of freedom of religion? THAT sort of "special consideration"?

The actual topic is that your personal opinion of the beliefs of others has no bearing on their freedoms. You probably wouldn't know this, being a leftist whose empty head would implode if you ever actually read the Constitution prior to wiping your ass with it, but the First Amendment does NOT say, " Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof . . . unless some conceited halfwit on the Internet decides you're insane for believing things he's been told he's too smart for."

By the way, Fart, they aren't "special considerations". EVERYONE has the exact same rights. YOU are just as protected from government interference in your beliefs and the exercise of them. You are just as free to insanely believe that you are intelligent and morally superior without the government forcing you to recognize that you're a venal piece of shit.

No church can be closed because HOW a person chooses to worship is BEYOND the authority of government.
Nonsense. You cant commit illegal acts and call it worship and get off.

The only nonsense here is your belief that the First Amendment doesn't prevent you from MAKING those acts illegal, you fucking moron.

I mean, seriously? "You can't break the law and then claim that it's okay because the Constitution says that law is invalid." Yeah, that's actually how it fucking works, shitforbrains.

"This can be done, therefore I, as supreme religious overlord, declare that that is all that needs to be done and what shall be done, for everyone!!"

You are denying there is a deadly pandemic ravishing our nation. And your recommendation is to carry on because there is no threat.

Science is stronger than your magical thinking.

Stop killing others because you deny science.

The stupid people need to be quiet until we get this behind us.

Do you recall the days when the stupidity of Sarah Palindrome was quaint? Let's get over this pandemic. Then you too can be quaint.

Assembly is NOT an illegal act
It is when gatherings of that size are illegal.

"The First Amendment doesn't prevent us from passing and enforcing a law when we pass a law saying that we get to pass and enforce the law."

Exactly the level of "logical thought" we've all come to expect from you, Fart.

Or should that be, "Fuck that Constitution shit if it gets in the way of what I want to do"?

You are denying there is a deadly pandemic ravishing our nation. And your recommendation is to carry on because there is no threat.

Do you recall the days when the stupidity of Sarah Palindrome was quaint? Let's get over this pandemic. Then you too can be quaint.

Nothing can stop the pandemic, that's the real science. Over in the Eurotrash Zone, they followed laws strictly as to masks, etc. And they still have a recurrence.

And I saw today, minks and cats are passing along the virus too.

Even if you had every one wearing masks correctly 24/7, you still need to get pets, livestock, rats, birds and every elephant in the zoo to wear them as well.

1603230171102.jpeg

I am denying that it is anywhere nearly as deadly as your paranoia is telling you it is. The medical experts you like to screech about are ALSO denying that.

Furthermore, I am denying your hyperbolic use of the word "ravishing", since you clearly don't know what it means. The word you're looking for is "ravaging", fucktard. So calm the fuck down with your melodrama if you can't even say it right.

You want to talk about "science", hypochondriac? I got your science right here.

According to CDC estimates, the infection fatality rate in the United States is about 2.7% overall. Furthermore, the vast majority of those deaths fall within a very small group: the elderly and those with co-morbidities. For people aged 19 and under, the IFR is .003%. For those 20-49, it's about .02%. For those 50-69, it's about .5%. So this is not exactly the second coming of the Black Death that you want to make it out to be. I would be so bold as to suggest that if you are over the age of 69, you would be safer if you kept your own wrinkled ass at home, rather than trying to control the lives of everyone else so that you can wander around in a totally sterile, germ-free world. If you are under the age of 69, then I would be so bold as to suggest you go fuck yourself with a barbed-wire dildo and get over yourself.

Also, shitforbrains, your crude emotional appeal of "You are a bad person if you don't do what I say, SHAME!!!" doesn't work on me. I am not "killing" anyone by going about my life. If you leave your fucking house and go out in public, the consequences are on YOU, not on everyone who refused to remake their lives so you wouldn't be inconvenienced. And I have a little newsflash for you, dumbass: you're going to die someday no matter what happens. I don't care if you pass a law requiring the entire country to walk around in hazmat suits. You're still going to die, because everyone does. There is also the fact to consider that I don't value you OR your fucking approval, so telling me that I will be a bad person in the eyes of someone I consider to be little more than a walking slime mold is unlikely to make me surrender my Constitutional rights.

I agree that the stupid people should shut up. I think we should start with the dumbass who defines "science" as "What I decided was true about Covid six months ago, when I stopped listening to any updates on the subject." That'd be you. Feel free to stop polluting the world with your ignorance.

Finally, nowhere in the Constitution does it say that my civil rights can be revoked the instant that fools like you decide they're afraid of me having them.

You're welcome. Have a good day, and fuck off.

Where do the Governors get the authority to nullify the US Constitution?
What precisely does the 1st amendment say? And which governors prohibited worship? Just because congregating en mass is prohibited for health and safety, that does not prohibit worship.

"We're not prohibiting you from worshipping by telling you that you have to do it the way we want you to."

What precisely does the 1st amendment say? And which governors prohibited worship? Just because congregating en mass is prohibited for health and safety, that does not prohibit worship.
Because government cannot dictate the manner in which people worship, and the right of assembly is in the First for the express purpose of keeping government authority limited.

If government can dictate the manner in which people worship, they can then dictate HOW people worship and that is establishing a religion.

You are never going to sufficiently explain the importance of freedom to people who have spent their whole lives fearing it, nor the importance of religious belief to those who've been taught that hating it makes them "smart".

The reality is that Nosmo was born to be a slave, and he enjoys it too much to understand why other people don't want to join him in his chains.

"We're not prohibiting you from worshipping by telling you that you have to do it the way we want you to."
That's a quote. Who exactly said that?

Forum List

Back