Places of Worship Now Essential Service

Where would Donald Plump have the authority to over rule governors?
Freedom to assemble for worship has a tad bit of history in our nation. Going back to Plymouth Rock.

People can still worship if they want, hell, they can even go to church, they just have to figure out creative ways of doing it safely. Many congregations have turned to holding services in a drive in, or holding them in the parking lot while the preacher is broadcasting on a low level AM frequency.

Nobody is stopping anyone from worshiping, they just want people to stay safe.

Where in the Constitution does it say the government can dictate how religions are to conduct their faith?
You poor persecuted Christians! You squeal as if religion was segregated out exclusively! No government official said "Do not worship!" or " Do not conduct the sacred rites and rituals!"
You’re telling people how to worship.
Flagrant violation of that document you Leftists hate.
Worship can happen anywhere and at any time. Worship has been conducted from the hood of a keep near the front lines, at a hospital bedside, on television or at a drive-in movie theater. Among the barracks in Trebinka and in the aisles of St. Peter's. On the tailgates of pick up trucks and Conestoga wagons. In tents, yurts, igloos and mansions. By short wave radio, in basilicas, temples, synagogues and mosques. In log cabins and on plantations and in apartment blocks.

Fortunately there are many more responsible worshippers in America than childish, petulant self centered whiners.
Government cannot dictate how any religion worships. Funny how your precious separation of church and state disappears so quickly and easily.
So your argument is that its okay to limit gatherings, except for ones where people are worshipping gods and statues and such.

Thats special.

The right to assembly, regardless of the reason, is part of the 1st Amendment.

The idea of indefinitely suspending the people's rights is a load of shit, particularly with no end in sight.

People were cool with a short, temporary period to "flatten the curve". The idea of a permanent attack on people's rights until and unless a cure is somehow found is ridiculous.
This is still 'flatten the curve'! You cannot understand statistics, science or common sense. If the pandemic was over, you might have a point? But your impatience does not mesh with facts.
Why are hundreds of thousands of medical professionals at home unemployed?

April 16th, Trump announced that the governors are going to be in charge of opening their states back up. Apparently, he's changing that because he thinks it looks good for him politically.

First he tells the governors that it's in their hands, now, he's changed his mind and said he's gonna be the one to get things rolling.

"You're gonna call your own shots," Mr. Trump told governors on the call, according to an audio recording obtained by CBS News. "I've gotten to know almost all of you. Most of you I've known and some very well beforehand. You're very capable people. I think in all cases very capable people. And you're gonna be calling your shots. We'll be standing right alongside of you. And we're gonna get our country open, and get it working and our people want to get working."

And, because people can pray and worship at home, churches really aren't required, I'm wondering why in the hell they are considered "essential".
If you have to ask that question..

I feel sorry for you,I really do

I personally don't consider churches to be "essential", because I can pray and talk with God anywhere and anytime I want. Churches aren't required for that. Matter of fact, it was because of churches that I abandoned religion when I was 18. But, a few years later and learning and talking with friends who were smarter than I about it, I came to the realization that no one religion is "right", and that I would get further along my spiritual path if I wasn't weighed down by the dogma of one religion over the other.

Some people don't think that Abortion Mills or cigarette sales or lottery tickets or booze are "essential" either. Yet those operations are still in business.
How many abortions did you have?

April 16th, Trump announced that the governors are going to be in charge of opening their states back up. Apparently, he's changing that because he thinks it looks good for him politically.

First he tells the governors that it's in their hands, now, he's changed his mind and said he's gonna be the one to get things rolling.

"You're gonna call your own shots," Mr. Trump told governors on the call, according to an audio recording obtained by CBS News. "I've gotten to know almost all of you. Most of you I've known and some very well beforehand. You're very capable people. I think in all cases very capable people. And you're gonna be calling your shots. We'll be standing right alongside of you. And we're gonna get our country open, and get it working and our people want to get working."

And, because people can pray and worship at home, churches really aren't required, I'm wondering why in the hell they are considered "essential".
If you have to ask that question..

I feel sorry for you,I really do

I personally don't consider churches to be "essential", because I can pray and talk with God anywhere and anytime I want. Churches aren't required for that. Matter of fact, it was because of churches that I abandoned religion when I was 18. But, a few years later and learning and talking with friends who were smarter than I about it, I came to the realization that no one religion is "right", and that I would get further along my spiritual path if I wasn't weighed down by the dogma of one religion over the other.

You don't even know what religion is..

The definition is in the Bible James 1:27 (I think) care for widows and orphans...and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world

Interestingly enough, I was orphaned at around 8 when my mother died in a car wreck. And, my room mate is a woman 10 years older than me who was widowed a year or two before I met her. We've been roomies for the past 15 years, and have been taking care of each other. I think we have it covered.

Besides.....................all religions say there is something better and something worse in the next life. They also say that what we do in this one determines what we get in the next. They all have a Creator, they all have a Supreme Deity, and they all have some form of the Golden Rule. All of them. Personally? I think God is like a big huge faceted being, and each religion is a reflection of just one side of Him.

You Protestant..

You guys could worship the Lord in a cardboard box, I like cathedrals
Then make one.

No I chose it specifically since it fits...

“lacking sharpness or quickness of sensibility or intellect”
Haha, liar. You just had to go look it up, even. You're kind of dense, aren't ya? The thing about dumb people.. they are often too dense to realize when everyone knows they are full of shit.

keep writing jackass, you’re not fooling anyone...

Religious freedom comes to mind

As if any leftist thinks freedom is essential.

Shutting down churches is a constitutional violation, also called a crime, something you support.
No one said DO NOT WORSHIP!
Deflection fail commie. Shutting the churches down is a violation if the BoR.
No. The rites and rituals of religious worship are not infringed by social distancing.

When were you chosen head of any church, that you think you get to decide that?

Shutting down churches is a constitutional violation, also called a crime, something you support.

No, you just want to define for other people what "worship" means. If you weren't a hubristic narcissist, you would understand that that is exactly the same thing.
Worship is not intended to endanger the health of fellow congregants. If your form of worship means you must be closer than six feet away, remove your mask and sing into my face, then I would modify my worship.

Dogma is not an excuse to endanger others.

No. The rites and rituals of religious worship are not infringed by social distancing.

Actually, they are. There is no way to baptize a baby from 6'

Pope Nosmo, in his new capacity to speak for God and rewrite church practices according to what he determines is needed, has decreed that this is not an essential religious ritual.

When were you chosen head of any church, that you think you get to decide that?
Combat soldiers at the front observe rites and rituals modified to their circumstance. Are mitigation protocols just so fucking egregious that you and other petulant people say mply cannot abide them under any circumstance?

Why should the lowest common denominator rule the wise?

It's so essential that the Founding Fathers put "freedom to worship" at the top of the list when they created the 1st ten Amendments to the Constitution aka the Bill of Rights.

close, but no cigar. "Freedom of worship" isn't in the Bill of Rights. Freedom of Religion is. Freedom of worship is part of it, but not the whole thing. Freedom of religion means that religious organizations like Little Sisters of the Poor and Hobby Lobby cannot be forced to fund abortions or recognize Gay Marriage. It isn't just what happens "in church"

Actually, it means that people have the freedom to believe what they believe and to act on those beliefs without government interference. It applies to individuals, so that no one in the United States will be faced with the choice of disobeying the law or disobeying their own conscience.

But now, here we are.

Our church council has closed our church doors until July 1st....nobody's complaining.

And that has exactly what to do with MY church, or anyone else's? If I wanted to live my life according to your church's interpretation of what God wants, I'd be attending your church.

Forum List

Back