Places of Worship Now Essential Service

The practice lasted 2.5 hours. Several members arrived early to place the chairs — arranged in six rows of 20 and spaced 6-10 inches (15-25 centimeters) apart. Once seated, the singers practiced together for 40 minutes, split into smaller groups for a 50-minute practice block, took a 15-minute break that included shared snacks of cookies and oranges, and reconvened for a final 45-minute singing session.

Can you imagine how terribly guilty those people feel? Someone carrying this virus to a group of Christian choir members and 86% of them become infected and some of them die?

if it was me that did that, I would feel terrible guilt for the rest of my life.

of course I care about other people. Many people don’t.

Where would Donald Plump have the authority to over rule governors?
Where do the Governors get the authority to nullify the US Constitution?

How the hell is the Constitution being nullified? Nobody is stopping them from gathering, they are just wanting them to do it safely. It's not the building that makes the church, it's the people in the congregation.
They shall make no law. YOU, and GOVERNEMENT do NOT get to decide how.

No church can be closed because HOW a person chooses to worship is BEYOND the authority of government.

What laws have been passed? This is a temporary measure designed to keep people safe. Apparently, you're one of the idiots that thinks a church is the building and not the congregation. Sorry, but when Jesus told Peter that He was going to build His church on him, He wasn't talking about the building they met in, He was talking about the people who made up the congregation in worship.
Ist amendment, commie.

I see you didn't answer the question. I asked what laws have been passed to stop people from worshiping? Short answer, none. This is just a temporary measure designed to keep people safe during the virus. All you did was shout 1st Amendment and call me a commie, without answering the question. But, I've learned to expect that from you.
Excellent dimobabble bullshit. Spew deflect and lie, but politely.

So answer the question already................what laws have been passed to stop people from worshiping?

Or.......................continue to deflect and call names, that seems to be your go to move.
It's pointless to debate you scum. But it's ok with you police went to one church and towed all the cars. Commie.

So answer the question already................what laws have been passed to stop people from worshiping?

Or.......................continue to deflect and call names, that seems to be your go to move.
Churches are at least as indispensable as Home Depot or a convenience store.
Nobody claims that people cannot pray during a government imposed societal shutdown.
But some services, like buying cigarettes, lottery tickets and a six pack at the corner market are
given special dispensations by the all powerful governors.

The First Amendment is at at least as vital as the corner stop and rob.

The practice lasted 2.5 hours. Several members arrived early to place the chairs — arranged in six rows of 20 and spaced 6-10 inches (15-25 centimeters) apart. Once seated, the singers practiced together for 40 minutes, split into smaller groups for a 50-minute practice block, took a 15-minute break that included shared snacks of cookies and oranges, and reconvened for a final 45-minute singing session.

Can you imagine how terribly guilty those people feel? Someone carrying this virus to a group of Christian choir members and 86% of them become infected and some of them die?

if it was me that did that, I would feel terrible guilt for the rest of my life.

Did they test all those people BEFORE the choir practice took place, AND the day AFTER?

If not, how do they know that was the location of infection? It's nothing more than presumption and speculation.

Last edited:

You're just better than everybody else.

Just don't go out in the rain, you'll drown with that nose stuck in the air

Marijuana is considered essential because it is medically necessary for some people.
Just as church is considered spiritually necessary for some people. It provides important relief of a different sort
and once again, the Ist Amendment guarantees people have access to their chosen religion.

Why would anyone claim relief of pain is a necessary reason to keep a weed dispensary open but not a church?
Seems hypocritical.

Last edited:
please point out where exactly in the Constitution, this exists...
A stupid request. It exists in legislation.

An example: a weather emergency. Yes, your right to peaceably assemble may be temporarily suspended.

you liberals are so dumb. Where do you think the basis of law comes from...legislation doesn’t outweigh the Constitution. So again, show me where that exists...

Shutting down churches is a constitutional violation, also called a crime, something you support.
No one said DO NOT WORSHIP!
Deflection fail commie. Shutting the churches down is a violation if the BoR.
No. The rites and rituals of religious worship are not infringed by social distancing.

Actually, they are. There is no way to baptize a baby from 6'
Worship has been conducted on television, in drive-in movie theaters and in cloistered monasteries. On short wave radio, from the hoods of Jeeps near the front, on tailgates of pick up trucks and Conestoga wagons. In cathedrals and basilicas and mosques and synagogues. On the bunks in Treblika and in the aisles of St. Peter's.

There are infinite venues for worship.
None can replace a church, commie. The BoR's GUARANTEES IT!
Idiot

The government cannot nullify the First Amendment
Actually, it can, temporarily, in emergencies.

Post the statutes outlining that process.
Look up Martial Law as an example
Government has the right to suspend individual liberties in a time of crisis. It has been exercised in time of war, national disasters and medical emergencies

This is patently false. The government doesn’t have any “rights”, only citizens do. It has consented authority from the People to act in limited situations. And martial law is very narrowly scoped. For it to occur, civilian govt had to have been broken down first by either rebellion or invasion. Furthermore, Posse Comitatus prohibits the US military from being used in law enforcement inside the US without Congressional approval.

Shutting down churches is a constitutional violation, also called a crime, something you support.
No one said DO NOT WORSHIP!
Deflection fail commie. Shutting the churches down is a violation if the BoR.
No. The rites and rituals of religious worship are not infringed by social distancing.

Actually, they are. There is no way to baptize a baby from 6'
Worship has been conducted on television, in drive-in movie theaters and in cloistered monasteries. On short wave radio, from the hoods of Jeeps near the front, on tailgates of pick up trucks and Conestoga wagons. In cathedrals and basilicas and mosques and synagogues. On the bunks in Treblika and in the aisles of St. Peter's.

There are infinite venues for worship.
None can replace a church, commie. The BoR's GUARANTEES IT!
Idiot
Commie traitor.

Point it out exactly in the Constitution where that authority exists.
If you have a point to make, make it. I am not your mommy or your assistant.

I made my point. I said no such authority exists in the Constitution. You keep bringing up legislation. Legislation that would be struck down by the courts as unconstitutional, because it’s a simple basic principle of American law. No legislation can override the Constitution. So either get a fucking clue or quit wasting time with uninformed bullshit...

I said no such authority exists in the Constitution.
And I said.... neato!

But it does exist in the code of law.

So here we are.

Really? Where in the Constitution is the government given the right to shut down churches because of an epidemic?

Would you have stood up for a governor when aids first became popular closing all of the Episcopalian churches that supported Sodomy?

Forum List

Back