Places of Worship Now Essential Service

Pecking order for decision to open

1. State and local authorities
2. Courts
3. Individual churches
4. Members of the church
5. President

In a first, I actually agree with this. Trump really doesn’t have the authority to override, but he does have the bully pit of the Presidency to advocate for it.
He didn’t advocate, he ordered by this weekend

Well beyond his authority
That pecking order is laughable.

We are not subjects to the crown.

We do NOT need to ask permission to exercise a right government is forbidden from interfering with.
You belong to a society and must follow its rules

Rules that change like the wind, fuck mans laws.

Where would Donald Plump have the authority to over rule governors?
Shutting down churches is a constitutional violation, also called a crime, something you support.
No one said DO NOT WORSHIP!
Deflection fail commie. Shutting the churches down is a violation if the BoR.
No. The rites and rituals of religious worship are not infringed by social distancing.

Actually, they are. There is no way to baptize a baby from 6'
Worship has been conducted on television, in drive-in movie theaters and in cloistered monasteries. On short wave radio, from the hoods of Jeeps near the front, on tailgates of pick up trucks and Conestoga wagons. In cathedrals and basilicas and mosques and synagogues. On the bunks in Treblika and in the aisles of St. Peter's.

There are infinite venues for worship.

You cannot restrict where people assemble to worship. Please get that through your thick head!

Last edited:
Where do the Governors get the authority to nullify the US Constitution?

How the hell is the Constitution being nullified? Nobody is stopping them from gathering, they are just wanting them to do it safely. It's not the building that makes the church, it's the people in the congregation.
They shall make no law. YOU, and GOVERNEMENT do NOT get to decide how.

No church can be closed because HOW a person chooses to worship is BEYOND the authority of government.

What laws have been passed? This is a temporary measure designed to keep people safe. Apparently, you're one of the idiots that thinks a church is the building and not the congregation. Sorry, but when Jesus told Peter that He was going to build His church on him, He wasn't talking about the building they met in, He was talking about the people who made up the congregation in worship.
Ist amendment, commie.

I see you didn't answer the question. I asked what laws have been passed to stop people from worshiping? Short answer, none. This is just a temporary measure designed to keep people safe during the virus. All you did was shout 1st Amendment and call me a commie, without answering the question. But, I've learned to expect that from you.

Freedom to assemble for worship has a tad bit of history in our nation. Going back to Plymouth Rock.

People can still worship if they want, hell, they can even go to church, they just have to figure out creative ways of doing it safely. Many congregations have turned to holding services in a drive in, or holding them in the parking lot while the preacher is broadcasting on a low level AM frequency.

Nobody is stopping anyone from worshiping, they just want people to stay safe.

Yes they could employ creative ways Biker

and while i personally have not been a big lockdown fan ,for Trump to undermine the governors opens pandora's box via the war of the essentials fratenizer 'n chief.....~S~

Well, there's a lot of idiots in this thread that are saying they can't worship in their church, and I'm telling them that they can, it just has to be done a bit different for a while.

I mean really........................is it absolutely essential to sit in a large room in uncomfortable seats, listening to a guy tell you what he thinks Gods plan is for you, while standing under a depiction of a guy who is being brutally tortured and is in extreme pain?

Or.........................can it simply be done in a drive in? Churches aren't really essential, but the congregation is, and if the congregation can safely assemble together, then it doesn't matter where they are, because it's not the building that is the church, it is the people.

I'm still wondering why the Christians who are hollering about their religious freedoms being stopped don't know this.

The closest drive-in is 70 miles away, dumbass! I am sure we can an entire state in the parking lot!

People should be able to have a place of worship...just as long as these churches provide safety and follow guidelines.
Trump did say that he would leave reopening up the economy to the governors. But apparently, some of these blue state governors rather keep the lockdown longer. For what? Oh yeah, because if you keep the lockdown intact...people can't go places. People cannot buy anything. And people can't go to places they worship.

If people are real Christians they can worship anywhere they don't need a building.
Your opinion and we all know about opinions!

April 16th, Trump announced that the governors are going to be in charge of opening their states back up. Apparently, he's changing that because he thinks it looks good for him politically.

First he tells the governors that it's in their hands, now, he's changed his mind and said he's gonna be the one to get things rolling.

"You're gonna call your own shots," Mr. Trump told governors on the call, according to an audio recording obtained by CBS News. "I've gotten to know almost all of you. Most of you I've known and some very well beforehand. You're very capable people. I think in all cases very capable people. And you're gonna be calling your shots. We'll be standing right alongside of you. And we're gonna get our country open, and get it working and our people want to get working."

And, because people can pray and worship at home, churches really aren't required, I'm wondering why in the hell they are considered "essential".
If you have to ask that question..

I feel sorry for you,I really do

I personally don't consider churches to be "essential", because I can pray and talk with God anywhere and anytime I want. Churches aren't required for that. Matter of fact, it was because of churches that I abandoned religion when I was 18. But, a few years later and learning and talking with friends who were smarter than I about it, I came to the realization that no one religion is "right", and that I would get further along my spiritual path if I wasn't weighed down by the dogma of one religion over the other.

You don't even know what religion is..

The definition is in the Bible James 1:27 (I think) care for widows and orphans...and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world

Interestingly enough, I was orphaned at around 8 when my mother died in a car wreck. And, my room mate is a woman 10 years older than me who was widowed a year or two before I met her. We've been roomies for the past 15 years, and have been taking care of each other. I think we have it covered.

Besides.....................all religions say there is something better and something worse in the next life. They also say that what we do in this one determines what we get in the next. They all have a Creator, they all have a Supreme Deity, and they all have some form of the Golden Rule. All of them. Personally? I think God is like a big huge faceted being, and each religion is a reflection of just one side of Him.
So Jesus was a liar?

People should be able to have a place of worship...just as long as these churches provide safety and follow guidelines.
Trump did say that he would leave reopening up the economy to the governors. But apparently, some of these blue state governors rather keep the lockdown longer. For what? Oh yeah, because if you keep the lockdown intact...people can't go places. People cannot buy anything. And people can't go to places they worship.

If people are real Christians they can worship anywhere they don't need a building.
They don't "NEED" a building, but in America they have that RIGHT, and you don't get a say without trampling on the rights of others

How the hell is the Constitution being nullified? Nobody is stopping them from gathering, they are just wanting them to do it safely. It's not the building that makes the church, it's the people in the congregation.

No church can be closed because HOW a person chooses to worship is BEYOND the authority of government.

What laws have been passed? This is a temporary measure designed to keep people safe. Apparently, you're one of the idiots that thinks a church is the building and not the congregation. Sorry, but when Jesus told Peter that He was going to build His church on him, He wasn't talking about the building they met in, He was talking about the people who made up the congregation in worship.
Ist amendment, commie.

I see you didn't answer the question. I asked what laws have been passed to stop people from worshiping? Short answer, none. This is just a temporary measure designed to keep people safe during the virus. All you did was shout 1st Amendment and call me a commie, without answering the question. But, I've learned to expect that from you.
Excellent dimobabble bullshit. Spew deflect and lie, but politely.

April 16th, Trump announced that the governors are going to be in charge of opening their states back up. Apparently, he's changing that because he thinks it looks good for him politically.

First he tells the governors that it's in their hands, now, he's changed his mind and said he's gonna be the one to get things rolling.

"You're gonna call your own shots," Mr. Trump told governors on the call, according to an audio recording obtained by CBS News. "I've gotten to know almost all of you. Most of you I've known and some very well beforehand. You're very capable people. I think in all cases very capable people. And you're gonna be calling your shots. We'll be standing right alongside of you. And we're gonna get our country open, and get it working and our people want to get working."

And, because people can pray and worship at home, churches really aren't required, I'm wondering why in the hell they are considered "essential".

I personally don't consider churches to be "essential", because I can pray and talk with God anywhere and anytime I want. Churches aren't required for that. Matter of fact, it was because of churches that I abandoned religion when I was 18. But, a few years later and learning and talking with friends who were smarter than I about it, I came to the realization that no one religion is "right", and that I would get further along my spiritual path if I wasn't weighed down by the dogma of one religion over the other.

The definition is in the Bible James 1:27 (I think) care for widows and orphans...and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world

Interestingly enough, I was orphaned at around 8 when my mother died in a car wreck. And, my room mate is a woman 10 years older than me who was widowed a year or two before I met her. We've been roomies for the past 15 years, and have been taking care of each other. I think we have it covered.

Besides.....................all religions say there is something better and something worse in the next life. They also say that what we do in this one determines what we get in the next. They all have a Creator, they all have a Supreme Deity, and they all have some form of the Golden Rule. All of them. Personally? I think God is like a big huge faceted being, and each religion is a reflection of just one side of Him.
So Jesus was a liar?

Never said that Jesus was a liar. I just said that all religions are remarkably similar in what they teach. What Buddha and what Jesus taught are basically the same thing. Ever consider that no 2 people ever see the same rainbow? It is because of the way optics work. Same thing with God, no 2 people view Him in the same way. So, I'm thinking that when God allowed other religions to flourish, He was talking to that group of people in ways they would understand, which is why they are all different, but remarkably similar.

The thing that screws up religion is the dogma contained in it.

Ist amendment, commie.

Excellent dimobabble bullshit. Spew deflect and lie, but politely.

So answer the question already................what laws have been passed to stop people from worshiping?

Or.......................continue to deflect and call names, that seems to be your go to move.

Part of me says President Trump said this just make snowflake heads explode.

Yup, the man definitely has my vote.

I tend to agree with you!

......to make snowflake heads explode and Satanic heads explode!

GOD BLESS PRESIDENT TRUMP ALWAYS!

I wonder if the Admiral realizes that I have him on scroll button ignore? He rarely says anything useful, and none of it is polite, which is why I scroll past his posts.

So Jesus was a liar?
More all the religmo's lie about Him ~S~

So Jesus was a liar?

Never said that Jesus was a liar. I just said that all religions are remarkably similar in what they teach. What Buddha and what Jesus taught are basically the same thing. Ever consider that no 2 people ever see the same rainbow? It is because of the way optics work. Same thing with God, no 2 people view Him in the same way. So, I'm thinking that when God allowed other religions to flourish, He was talking to that group of people in ways they would understand, which is why they are all different, but remarkably similar.

I like your answer better!!!

~S~

So Jesus was a liar?

No, I never considered it because it is bullshit!

So Jesus was a liar?

No, I never considered it because it is bullshit!

Guess you're not as smart as you thought, because I've known this since junior high science. No, no 2 people can ever see the same rainbow.

FACT: Two people never see the same rainbow.

The light bouncing off certain raindrops for your rainbow is bouncing off other raindrops from a completely different angle for someone else, according to LiveScience. And so it’s creating a different image — basically, no two people can stand in the same exact spot at the same time to view the same rainbow.

Forum List

Back