Pitbulls...

Strange thing just happen. A guy knocked on my door had the biggest pitbull I have ever seen sweet guy had a few scratches around the nose. Anyway this strange er asked me if it was my dog. I told him no while we we're talking my cat comes to the front door my cat freaks the hell out the dog moved closer to the front door. (luckily I have a solid tempered treated glass door) anyway he starts braking it was everything I could do to pull him back. I gave him a command to stop, he sat down and looked at me and was ok after that.

I have a confession to make, I feel bad about it and then I don't
While I was out working in my garage the dog came back laid down beside my work space. My cat inside freaking out growling like a dog. Anyway I ended up calling animal control. I asked her what will happen to the dog, she said it will be allotted three working days, but the state does allowed good healthy dogs to remain in their control for two weeks. She said dogs like this do not have a problem finding a home.
She also said their were a lot of dogs being abandon sick or healthy it didn't matter she had not seen this many ever.

I may give it a week and see if the dog is still there and adopt it my damn self.

Lol....just be aware, adopted dogs may have issues you don't know about.

Most dogs are going to act accordingly to their handler at the time..but some dogs are innately aggressive/predatory...as I'm sure you know.

Used dog is same as a used car....caveat emptor.
unsure.gif

I support the right of people to own whatever dog they own, provided they can care for them and maintain the safety of everybody...

At the same time, when these two terriers are gone, I'm done forever with terriers. They completely wear me out. I'm too languid to really get into terriers.

A Dog?s Devotion: Pit Bull Puppy Is His Blind Brother?s Seeing Eye Dog | The Wet Nose Press

One blind little dog already has his seeing-eye pal for life — his brother. Eight month old Pit Bull-Lab puppies, Jeffrey and Jermaine, were rescued on October 5th by Operation Ava in Philadelphia, and their special bond is touching everyone they meet.

“Jeffrey really does try to maintain contact with Jermaine, especially when he’s in an unfamiliar environment,” Little told NBC. ”As soon as he gets familiar with a new place, then he becomes a little bit more independent. But it’s amazing how they try to maintain contact with each other.”

They even hold on to each other in their sleep.

seeing-eye-dog-brothers.jpg

The link says they're still waiting for their forever home.

Awwww...both Mylo and Snoop like to sleep very, very, VERY close to whomever they're sleeping with.

My uncle said that his terrier in Korea saved his life many times, sleeping with him and alerting him to danger.

Awwww...both Mylo and Snoop like to sleep very, very, VERY close to whomever they're sleeping with.

My uncle said that his terrier in Korea saved his life many times, sleeping with him and alerting him to danger.

The puppies are brothers and the sighted one is his brother's seeing eye dog.

Pit Bulls are the "Breed du Jour" to beat up on.

I know plenty of pit bull owners that never had trouble with their dogs.

Generally if you dig a bit into the stories? You find that the dog was abused at some point. Not necessarily by the present owner.

No you don't...because nobody has a Pit with innocent intentions....they like it that their dog makes others uptight....they like it that their Pit is their security blanket, and they know if the fucker messes somebody up they can claim "Killer was only defending us"...Uh huh. Cowards every one of them....what kind of man would leave their family at the mercy of a dog who might go haywire on them out of the clear blue? I got rid of my German Shepherds when I started a family....while they were growing up, I continuously picked them up over my head to remind them who was Alapha Dog and who wasn't. Still, they were very aggressive to strangers as much as I tried to dissuade them from acting like that. I couldn't trust them so they went to a farm to live....but only on the condition they never be put on a chain....put a German Shepherd on a chain for two weeks and you have a problem dog in two weeks. Bottom line? Don't get involved in a breed big enough to kill you and yours unless you can spend an hour a day with him to notice if his behavior is changing....you can have a real tragedy on your hands in a matter of seconds with these breeds.

Don't have ANY dog if you only have an hour a day to spend with him.

My two Dobermans are with me all the time when I'm home. They sleep in my bed. I sleep like a baby because I know they're looking after me. They're not a threat to me, but they're definitely a threat to anyone who would try to hurt me.

Oh, and I've never had to lift them over my head or pin them down or any other such shit to show them who's alpha. I simply AM the alpha around here and that is obvious to them by the way I carry myself. I don't have to manhandle them to get that point across. I give them lots of affection. We have a very strong bond.

And as for being around children, I trust my Dobermans around children much more than I trust my miniature pinscher and my miniature pinscher mix. The odds are pretty high that one of those little shits will bite a kid. The Dobermans, not so much. Nonetheless, I am very protective of the dobes when kids are around. Don't want some creepy little brat getting one of my dogs in trouble.

Generally if you dig a bit into the stories? You find that the dog was abused at some point. Not necessarily by the present owner.

No you don't...because nobody has a Pit with innocent intentions....they like it that their dog makes others uptight....they like it that their Pit is their security blanket, and they know if the fucker messes somebody up they can claim "Killer was only defending us"...Uh huh. Cowards every one of them....what kind of man would leave their family at the mercy of a dog who might go haywire on them out of the clear blue? I got rid of my German Shepherds when I started a family....while they were growing up, I continuously picked them up over my head to remind them who was Alapha Dog and who wasn't. Still, they were very aggressive to strangers as much as I tried to dissuade them from acting like that. I couldn't trust them so they went to a farm to live....but only on the condition they never be put on a chain....put a German Shepherd on a chain for two weeks and you have a problem dog in two weeks. Bottom line? Don't get involved in a breed big enough to kill you and yours unless you can spend an hour a day with him to notice if his behavior is changing....you can have a real tragedy on your hands in a matter of seconds with these breeds.

My two Dobermans are with me all the time when I'm home. They sleep in my bed. I sleep like a baby because I know they're looking after me. They're not a threat to me, but they're definitely a threat to anyone who would try to hurt me.

Oh, and I've never had to lift them over my head or pin them down or any other such shit to show them who's alpha. I simply AM the alpha around here and that is obvious to them by the way I carry myself. I don't have to manhandle them to get that point across. I give them lots of affection. We have a very strong bond.

And as for being around children, I trust my Dobermans around children much more than I trust my miniature pinscher and my miniature pinscher mix. The odds are pretty high that one of those little shits will bite a kid. The Dobermans, not so much. Nonetheless, I am very protective of the dobes when kids are around. Don't want some creepy little brat getting one of my dogs in trouble.

What I meant about an hour a day is an hour devoted solely to the dog....a walk, a game of fetch, teaching a new command, or in my world, a reminder who's the dog and who's the bear (Bull). Your dogs being with you isn't enough if you're doing other things.....a large dog aggressively bred must be interacted with to notice if something is bothering it.

In Colorado my male Shepherd started acting cranky....when we took our hour I discovered he had a couple dozen ticks on him from an adventure up around Gold Hill. The ticks were making his life miserable and a miserable 100 pound German Shepherd can accomplish the unexpected in a blur. The female had the beginnings of hip problems at one point and her disposition turned nasty from it. The vet solved both issues because I discovered them before they escalated. And BTW, lay down with dogs, get up with fleas. No dog has ever slept in my bed and no dog ever will. :eusa_hand:

Last edited:
Lift them over your head?

Lol..that's a new one, I've never heard that before hahaha.

PS..you're making a mistake to "protect" your dogs from children. You should make it quite clear to your dogs that the children are alpha, and they are subject to them. Dogs thinking they have dominance over children is what leads them to hurt them...and if your dogs see you "protecting" them from kids, they are going to internalize that.

My dogs are NEVER allowed to look askance at kids. It doesn't matter what the kids do to them.

Now I also tell the kids not to do certain things, but the dogs have to know the kids are higher up on the chain. Dogs will kill over food and sex, and kids can easily get caught in the middle of that if you haven't made it very clear to your dogs that the kids are boss.

I support the commands the kids give, spoken or implied, and the dogs get in a lot of trouble for crowding, jumping on, stealing food from the kids.

My terrier sleeps in my bed. I'm not crazy about it, but it's the best place for her, it keeps her out of trouble and it makes her happy. She's the only dog I've ever slept with regularly.

Pitbbulls are to gang bangers what French Bulldogs are to Urban Hipster Yuppies.

A Dog?s Devotion: Pit Bull Puppy Is His Blind Brother?s Seeing Eye Dog | The Wet Nose Press

One blind little dog already has his seeing-eye pal for life — his brother. Eight month old Pit Bull-Lab puppies, Jeffrey and Jermaine, were rescued on October 5th by Operation Ava in Philadelphia, and their special bond is touching everyone they meet.

“Jeffrey really does try to maintain contact with Jermaine, especially when he’s in an unfamiliar environment,” Little told NBC. ”As soon as he gets familiar with a new place, then he becomes a little bit more independent. But it’s amazing how they try to maintain contact with each other.”

They even hold on to each other in their sleep.

seeing-eye-dog-brothers.jpg

The link says they're still waiting for their forever home.

Or they may have already killed each other. :lol:

What choice do they have on a bed that small?

Lift them over your head?

Lol..that's a new one, I've never heard that before hahaha.

I was a LRRP in Vietnam....you can google what that means. We on occasion took highly trained German Shepherds on certain types of insertions, to accomplish various tasks. For instance, those dogs could cover a 30 meter area of open ground before a sentry could see them coming, much less react. In a matter of seconds, that sentry was KIA. The guys who trained these dogs had methods I won't disclose here; one of them being to lift a dog showing the smallest sign of rebellion over their head. K-9 got the message with their paws dangling in the air...."I am stronger and smarter than you....I am your master". :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
Sadly, most average women are unable to do that with the larger dogs. I know I'm certainly incapable of lifting Klaus over my head...he's 130 lbs. And I doubt I have the strength in my arms and shoulders to lift snoop, either.

I could lift Mylo who is probably the one who would benefit the most from it...but I suspect she would just jump out of my hands. She can bounce as high as my face from a standing position at my feet.

Agree. When we domesticated dogs, we became their pack. We're alpha to them. If you need to put a dog in his place, lifting them over your head is just silly macho posturing. Maybe he needs a bigger gun.

And BTW, lay down with dogs, get up with fleas.

Why don't you do something to get rid of the fleas?

Its not that hard.

Do a search of a previous thread here. I posted extensively on a cheap and easy method that wiped fleas out of our two homes.

Agree. When we domesticated dogs, we became their pack. We're alpha to them. If you need to put a dog in his place, lifting them over your head is just silly macho posturing. Maybe he needs a bigger gun.

Its not that hard.

Do a search of a previous thread here. I posted extensively on a cheap and easy method that wiped fleas out of our two homes.

Cuddly proves once again she's the dumbest rock in the box around here. Nothing about being a human makes a dog owner the "alpha" dog. You must prove to the dog you are it's master....I can imagine this weakling around a dog.....I bet she'd lick it's ass for it if it growled at her. :lol:

You just landed on my iggy list...you and unKotex are a matched set of gerbils.

Last edited:
I have never had to pick up my dogs and hold them over my head. That's not a dog thing. That's a primate thing.

I've never had any problems with my dog's either that weren't resolvable using less confrontational means.

Its not that hard.

Cuddly proves once again she's the dumbest rock in the box around here. Nothing about being a human makes a dog owner the "alpha" dog. You must prove to the dog you are it's master....I can imagine this weakling around a dog.....I bet she'd lick it's ass for it if it growled at her. :lol:

You just landed on my iggy list...you and unKotex are a matched set of gerbils.

Beats an interweb fagtough anyway.

What I meant about an hour a day is an hour devoted solely to the dog....a walk, a game of fetch, teaching a new command, or in my world, a reminder who's the dog and who's the bear (Bull). Your dogs being with you isn't enough if you're doing other things.....a large dog aggressively bred must be interacted with to notice if something is bothering it.

In Colorado my male Shepherd started acting cranky....when we took our hour I discovered he had a couple dozen ticks on him from an adventure up around Gold Hill. The ticks were making his life miserable and a miserable 100 pound German Shepherd can accomplish the unexpected in a blur. The female had the beginnings of hip problems at one point and her disposition turned nasty from it. The vet solved both issues because I discovered them before they escalated. And BTW, lay down with dogs, get up with fleas. No dog has ever slept in my bed and no dog ever will. :eusa_hand:

I agree with you about spending time devoted solely to the dog, allowing yourself to be aware of any concerns.

Now, as far as sleeping with the dogs, it's my choice. I LIKE them on the bed with me. They're warm. I have 2-3 layers of "dog" blankets over "my" bedding to keep the dogs off it, and the dogs also aren't allowed on the sheets, where I sleep. And I wash ALL the bedding every week.

But I'm also in Alaska. We don't have much problem with fleas up here. I did bring in a stray min pin a few years ago who turned out to be crawling with fleas! My two dobermans and the four cats I had all got fleas. But I was able to obliterate them entirely with Frontline and getting rid of them in the bedding, cat beds, etc. was no problem. For example, I just threw the cat beds outside and let them freeze for a few nights. No more fleas. :)

People bring animals up who already have fleas, so there is the possibility of catching them, but it's pretty rare for a dog to have fleas up here.

So my point is...none of my dogs have fleas, so your line about "lay down with the dogs, get up with the fleas" simply doesn't apply.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back