Pitbull Appreciation Thread

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I decided to create this thread since Pitbulls get such a bad reputation. They're not my favorite dogs, but I still love them. :)

Most pit bulls are great dogs, but 9 times out of 10, when you read about a dog killing someone it is a pit bull

It is the same with terrorism. Most Muslims are not violent, but 9 times out of 10 when you see terrorism on the TV it is Islamic terrorism.

Pit bulls have a lot of great qualities but they can be very aggressive. I don't know what sets them off, but they'll just go off on a person, mauling or killing them.

They have very expressive faces for a dog.

We had one. Don't ever want another one more or less for the reasons already expressed---to strong, too quick to change moods in a flash. We unfortunately had no choice but to chain the dog outside at night. The only dog I've ever had to do that to. He couldn't be kept inside unattended. If he got bored, he would start ripping everything to shreds. If you were asleep and he wanted you awake, he would try to clamp down on your ears or nose. We tried to keep him in an outside kennel at first, but he freaked out at being caged. We then went to tethered to a cable but he was too strong for it. He didn't seem to mind being chained though. If he had, I probably would have had him put down at that point. We would bring him in as much as we could when we were up and walk him and all that but some days he would just be too aggressive to keep inside long. Not like I am going to eat you aggressive. More like I am gonna have a tantrum now aggressive. He wasn't bad, he just wasn't good. That dog, however, loved popcorn. Sometimes I would just sit there and throw a piece across the room at the time hoping I could wear him out to where he was too tired to misbehave.

We had one. Don't ever want another one more or less for the reasons already expressed---to strong, too quick to change moods in a flash. We unfortunately had no choice but to chain the dog outside at night. The only dog I've ever had to do that to. He couldn't be kept inside unattended. If he got bored, he would start ripping everything to shreds. If you were asleep and he wanted you awake, he would try to clamp down on your ears or nose. We tried to keep him in an outside kennel at first, but he freaked out at being caged. We then went to tethered to a cable but he was too strong for it. He didn't seem to mind being chained though. If he had, I probably would have had him put down at that point. We would bring him in as much as we could when we were up and walk him and all that but some days he would just be too aggressive to keep inside long. Not like I am going to eat you aggressive. More like I am gonna have a tantrum now aggressive. He wasn't bad, he just wasn't good. That dog, however, loved popcorn. Sometimes I would just sit there and throw a piece across the room at the time hoping I could wear him out to where he was too tired to misbehave.
A buddy had two pitts. They were well trained, and would mind without a problem. I even played with them, throwing a ball which they quickly brought back wagging their stub of a tail so much till their whole body was wagging. I even considered getting one until his neighbor's little girl got of the school bus and ran to her porch to show her mother the picture she drew that day. The two dogs jumped the fence and killed her. The two dogs were shot while wagging their entire bodies like before, and having a tug of war with the little girl's lifeless body.

A buddy had two pitts. They were well trained, and would mind without a problem. I even played with them, throwing a ball which they quickly brought back wagging their stub of a tail so much till their whole body was wagging. I even considered getting one until his neighbor's little girl got of the school bus and ran to her porch to show her mother the picture she drew that day. The two dogs jumped the fence and killed her. The two dogs were shot while wagging their entire bodies like before, and having a tug of war with the little girl's lifeless body.
Well I can't thank a horrible story like that, but yeah. Two or more dogs together even well trained can disregard their master. That is true of any breed. It is part of their pack instinct/dynamic. Beagles are bad about that too. I had 3 at once and if they were outside together off leash, that was my next 2 to 12 hours trying to get them back. One on one they were very obedient. Beagles just tend not to do much damage. The thing about my pit, which I posted a few times before here, is that he was just happy and docile as a lark when chained outside. Never bothered a single creature. Bunnies and neighborhood cats would come up and eat his food and he would just sit and smile. Terrapins fascinated him but he would never harm them. He just wasn't ever super comfortable around people or inside. He came to me as a reluctant pawn of "please keep him for just a few weeks while we move" followed by "oh we can't have him at our new place so he's yours now". That cake was baked by the time I had him. The original owners were high strung, every conversation was a screaming match couple so I'm not sure I fault the breed for all his quirks.

Well I can't thank a horrible story like that, but yeah. Two or more dogs together even well trained can disregard their master. That is true of any breed. It is part of their pack instinct/dynamic. Beagles are bad about that too. I had 3 at once and if they were outside together off leash, that was my next 2 to 12 hours trying to get them back. One on one they were very obedient. Beagles just tend not to do much damage. The thing about my pit, which I posted a few times before here, is that he was just happy and docile as a lark when chained outside. Never bothered a single creature. Bunnies and neighborhood cats would come up and eat his food and he would just sit and smile. Terrapins fascinated him but he would never harm them. He just wasn't ever super comfortable around people or inside. He came to me as a reluctant pawn of "please keep him for just a few weeks while we move" followed by "oh we can't have him at our new place so he's yours now". That cake was baked by the time I had him. The original owners were high strung, every conversation was a screaming match couple so I'm not sure I fault the breed for all his quirks.
How many people are killed by beagles each year?

Never have met an aggressive one.
Two friends have them and all they do is sleep all day and act like lovable babies when awake.
This guy we baby sit once in a while for a friend.
Total sweetheart and my grandkids love him.

20180701_105704.jpg

This is stepdaughters Pitsky, a Pitbull Husky mix that is highly intelligent, loving, energetic and highly loyal. Loves the outdoors and lived with us for a year.
20210528_162704.jpg

The only breed that I have really seen spooky weird behavior is German Shepherds.

I could care less what the breed haters think.
I love my my animal friends.

Pit bulls have a lot of great qualities but they can be very aggressive.

So can Poodles and Chihuahuas.
We unfortunately had no choice but to chain the dog outside at night.

That'll make any dog mean in a heartbeat.

Wow, that's sad but every dog is different and not every Pitbull is violent just like not every black person or Muslim (as somebody already pointed out in this thread) is violent.
It is stupid and irresponsible to get such a dog.

So would you say the same about Poodles, Chihuahuas, Dobermans, German Shepherds, and Rottweilers? They've been known to attack people too you know. What's irresponsible is to train them and use them for fighting and not do your homework first before purchasing one.

So can Poodles and Chihuahuas.

That'll make any dog mean in a heartbeat.

Wow, that's sad but every dog is different and not every Pitbull is violent just like not every black person or Muslim (as somebody already pointed out in this thread) is violent.

So would you say the same about Poodles, Chihuahuas, Dobermans, German Shepherds, and Rottweilers? They've been known to attack people too you know. What's irresponsible is to train them and use them for fighting and not do your homework first before purchasing one.
The difference with that breed is they have been bread for aggressiveness much more than any other breed. Aggressiveness is a dominant trait in all of them. They may be well trained, they may be well behaved, but something can set them off and their killer nature kicks in, and with their size and strength, they are just too dangerous to be around anyone who doesn't know what to expect and how to respond to it.

The difference with that breed is they have been bread for aggressiveness much more than any other breed. Aggressiveness is a dominant trait in all of them. They may be well trained, they may be well behaved, but something can set them off and their killer nature kicks in, and with their size and strength, they are just too dangerous to be around anyone who doesn't know what to expect and how to respond to it.

I sort of agree with that, but like I said before any animal can be set off at any given time. All animals can be unpredictable, even humans can be unpredictable.

I sort of agree with that, but like I said before any animal can be set off at any given time. All animals can be unpredictable, even humans can be unpredictable.
True, but all animals don't have the size and strength that a pitt has. A chihuahua is really aggressive, and I have often said that if they were both the same size, a pitt probably wouldn't stand a chance. You don't hear about very many chihuahuas killing their owners or neighborhood kids though.

Forum List

Back