Pit Bulls Have No Place In A Civilized Society!

momonkey

simianus restituo officiu
Apr 9, 2010
I've had it with these lunatic Pit Bull owners who refuse to understand that their dogs are at all times a danger to the public and especially children and the elderly. Their is no safe Pit Bull ever. How many more times will we need to hear of a baby, small child or senior citizen being ripped to shreds by these animals before we realize as a society that they cannot be made safe? I propose we ban all variations of this dog breed and those with a high degree of this breed in them nationwide.

Don't bother saying I'm wrong because Judge Judy agrees with me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4Amw-tMAeo]YouTube - Judge Judy - Pitbull Lady[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phbtngWHz3k]YouTube - Pitbull attack leads to lawsuit pt 1[/ame]

If there is a good argument for forced sterilization, these brainiacs are it.

DOG BITE LAW - the most trusted and extensive resource for dog bite victims, parents of victims, and dog owners needing legal information.

OK Pit Bull lovers, let's hear the rationalizations and excuses.

Last edited:
You do realize it's mostly Pit Bull OWNERS that are the problem, right?

Everyone wants them because they look like badass dogs, and they have a high "cool" factor.

Fact is, 9 times out of 10, the people that buy them are NOT the right type of owners for them.

You need to do your research before buying ANY pet to make sure it's going to be compatible with your household, and your lifestyle.

So, you ARE wrong.

I *really* want a spider monkey as a pet.. I don't have one.. Why? Because as much as I want one, I lead the wrong type of life to HAVE one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Judge Judy, the ultimate authority! lol
I am not a pit bull lover, but I am an animal lover and have worked as a volunteer for years at my local animal shelter as well as been a 'foster parent' for animals(dogs, cats, rabbits, horses, mules, ect) for several years. I have taken in a lot of pit bulls. Now I don't live in town, I have a lot of open space. I have had a few dogs that simply did not respond to kind treatment and were aggressive. I would offer the opinion that these animals should not live in town. (period) One pit bull I took in was so aggressive towards my stock, I put him down myself. I found that very sad, as I do love animals.
I hold the opinion that animals, all animals, respond to the treatment they are given in kind. If they are treated badly, especially when young, they do tend to stay aggressive their entire life. If they are treated kindly, especially when young, they respond in kind for their entire life.
For that reason, I also hold the opinion that the owners are more to blame for their animals attacking others rather than the animals.

My brother has a pit bull he has owned for 7 years, also lives in the country where the dog has plenty of room to run. His dog, sara, is very protective of his family, but is the sappiest thing on four feet around his family. I really think how they are raised and treated has more to do with their demeanor than the breed. I took in a border collie that was the most aggressive animal I ever came in contact with. However, within a few months on the ranch, he calmed down and became 'pet' material.
The thing about pit bulls, and all large breeds, is that they are indeed large enough to kill a human.

As an aside, my favorite animals are cats and horses. Ok, I am partial to mules too.
I know from experience that animals respond to the treatment they are subjected to, and will respond in kind. That applies to the wild animals I have taken in as well. I have a permit to take in wild animals form my state fish and game dept in order to bring them back to health. last summer I kept a Mexican Grey Wolf that had been shot for 4 months. When I first got her, she was very aggressive. By the time she left, she was not 'pet' material, but she didn't go berserk when I got near the pen either. While i did treat her with kindness, I did try to spend as little time with her as possible as she was released back into the wild. I did not want her to become to comfortable around people, for her own safety.
I also have raised a black bear cub that lost a foot in a trap. Same thing, he went to a zoo in Prescott, and even now, at the age of 7 years and fully grown, he loves people. When i go to visit him, he can smell me and loves it when I go into his cage and play with him and pet him.
I have 6 wild horses I took in. 3 are still very aggressive after over a year, 2 will take food from me after a year, and one I can saddle and ride after 3 years. I never broke a horse in my life, but I have trained hundreds. I repeat, I NEVER broke a horse in my life, but I do have one that was captured 3 years ago as a wild horse and I can ride her.
I hold the opinion that the owners are responsible for their animals, and are to blame for the treatment that has made them aggressive. i also hold the opinion that there are some animals that should not be kept in heavily populated areas. There are also people that should simply not own animals. I think that a lot of people that are attracted to owning pit bulls fall into the catagory of those that should not own animals at all.

Last edited:

Everyone wants them because they look like badass dogs, and they have a high "cool" factor.

Fact is, 9 times out of 10, the people that buy them are NOT the right type of owners for them.

You need to do your research before buying ANY pet to make sure it's going to be compatible with your household, and your lifestyle.

So, you ARE wrong.

I *really* want a spider monkey as a pet.. I don't have one.. Why? Because as much as I want one, I lead the wrong type of life to HAVE one.

I couldn't care less what someone's pit bull does to them if they are stupid enough to want one in the first place. I am concerned about children in these households and people living in the neighborhood when they get loose and other animals. It isn't the danger they pose to their retarded owners. They can't be reached anyway.

So, you ARE wrong.

I couldn't care less what someone's pit bull does to them if they are stupid enough to want one in the first place. I am concerned about children in these households and people living in the neighborhood when they get loose and other animals. It isn't the danger they pose to their retarded owners. They can't be reached anyway.

So.. you're going to blame the dogs for acting like dogs, rather than the owners for purchasing something they have no business purchasing? How about the breeders that sell them to people they have no business selling them to just to make a buck?

You're too stupid for air.

Last edited by a moderator:
what a silly thread....

should there be no animals that might possibly, under certain circumstances, maybe sometimes get dangerous?

i, personally, wouldn't choose to have a pit bull, but that's my preference. I also think it's probably better not to have one if one has children.

and maybe if you have a pit bull, you have to take some extra precautions when around strangers.

but no place for pitbulls in a civilized society?

kinda excessive there, cheesecake.

and judge j was fine to appear before in family court... and she's a lot of fun to watch, but i'm gonna pass on making her opinion gospel.

Their is no safe Pit Bull ever.

I'm no fanatic of the breed or anything, but 2 of my best friends have had pits as their pet dog for a long time now.

I've never known any of them to even so much as take a nip at anyone.

So, you ARE wrong.

You are a retard. NO dog breed is so bad they can not be normal pets. Pit Bulls are sweet dogs. Loyal and protective. Properly cared for and treated perfectly safe around children and other small things.

Friend has an 8 month old baby and her pit Bulls love that baby. She plays with them. She breeds pits. Has for over 10 years.

I've had it with these lunatic Pit Bull owners who refuse to understand that their dogs are at all times a danger to the public and especially children and the elderly. Their is no safe Pit Bull ever. How many more times will we need to hear of a baby, small child or senior citizen being ripped to shreds by these animals before we realize as a society that they cannot be made safe? I propose we ban all variations of this dog breed and those with a high degree of this breed in them nationwide.

YouTube - Judge Judy - Pitbull Lady

YouTube - Pitbull attack leads to lawsuit pt 1

DOG BITE LAW - the most trusted and extensive resource for dog bite victims, parents of victims, and dog owners needing legal information.

If Judge Judy is your source of "authority" on your view, brother you've come to the wrong place.

The owners are the problem over 90% of the time if there IS a problem with the dog. They don't train the properly or discipline them or handle them correctly. I've known a few very very good Pits. They're devoted and loving and want nothing more than to be a part of the family. One in particular I know is an attention piggy, always begging for petting and attention from anyone. They can be outstanding dogs for children too, if raised proper. They ultimately become very protective of the children, treating them like their own puppies.

My own eyes and experience are my proof which is far better than shit for brains Judge Judy's half-assed opinion based on seeing only thugs and drug dealers who ever owned them and were congenital fuck-ups to begin with.

I swear I've seen this thread before and Allie was there...

It's the owners.

I walk around Lake Merritt in Oakland several times a week. The walking path is very popular with dog owners - so I observe all kinds. Stereotypically, there are a lot of pit bulls in Oaklandtown. I admit they scare the bejeebus out of me - but most of the ones I see look very happy and their owners handle them well. I have only seen one that was aggressively straining at the leash, and his owner was a total thug in his attitude as people recoiled from the dog.

Bad owners make bad dogs.

When you hear about dog attacks, it's usually not golden retrievers and black labs, it's usually pit bulls.

DOG BITE LAW - Statistics about dog bites in the USA and elsewhere

Merritt Clifton, editor of Animal People, has conducted an unusually detailed study of dog bites from 1982 to the present. (Clifton, Dog attack deaths and maimings, U.S. & Canada, September 1982 to November 13, 2006; click here to read it.) The Clifton study show the number of serious canine-inflicted injuries by breed. The author's observations about the breeds and generally how to deal with the dangerous dog problem are enlightening.

According to the Clifton study, pit bulls, Rottweilers, Presa Canarios and their mixes are responsible for 74% of attacks that were included in the study, 68% of the attacks upon children, 82% of the attacks upon adults, 65% of the deaths, and 68% of the maimings. In more than two-thirds of the cases included in the study, the life-threatening or fatal attack was apparently the first known dangerous behavior by the animal in question. Clifton states:

If almost any other dog has a bad moment, someone may get bitten, but will not be maimed for life or killed, and the actuarial risk is accordingly reasonable. If a pit bull terrier or a Rottweiler has a bad moment, often someone is maimed or killed--and that has now created off-the-chart actuarial risk, for which the dogs as well as their victims are paying the price.

Clifton's opinions are as interesting as his statistics. For example, he says, "Pit bulls and Rottweilers are accordingly dogs who not only must be handled with special precautions, but also must be regulated with special requirements appropriate to the risk they may pose to the public and other animals, if they are to be kept at all."

It seeems that pit bulls are overwhelmingly responsible for most of the attacks on humans.

That said I don't believe we should destroy them :cuckoo:

http://www.dogbitelaw.com/Dog Attacks 1982 to 2006 Clifton.pdf

Breed Attacks doing Child Adult Deaths Maimings Notes
bodily harm victims victims
[dogs X victims] [--------Individuals---------]
Akita 48 32 14 1 39
Akita mix (inspecific) 1 1 0 0 1
Akita/Chow mix 3 3 0 0 3
Akita/Lab mix 1 1 0 0 1
Akita/terrier mix 2 1 0 0 1
Airedale/boxer 1 1 0 1 0 #
Airedale 1 1 0 1 0
Australian blue heeler 3 1 1 0 2
Australian cattle dog 1 1 0 0 1
Australian shepherd 6 4 0 0 1
Basset/GSD mix 1 1 0 1 0
Beagle 2 2 0 1 1 #
Belgian shepherd 4 1 3 0 1
Blue heeler 2 0 1 0 1
Border collie 1 0 1 1 1 #
Briard 2 0 1 1 0
Brittany spaniel 4 1 0 0 1
Bulldog (American 4 0 3 2 2
Bulldog (English) 16 8 3 1 9
Bull mastiff (Presa Canario) 30 10 13 6 16
Bull mastiff/German shepherd 2 1 0 1 0
Buff mastiff/Rottweiler 1 1 0 0 1
Boxer 31 6 12 2 12 #
Boxer mix 1 1 0 1 0
Cane Corso 4 1 2 1 3
Catahoula 3 0 1 0 1
Chow 49 34 12 6 32
Chow/husky mix 2 2 0 1 1
Chow/Labrador mix 4 4 0 0 3
Chox mix (other) 2 2 0 0 2
Cocker spaniel 1 1 0 0 1
Collie 3 3 0 0 3
Collie/retriever mix 1 1 0 0 1
Coonhound 1 1 0 0 0
Page 2 of 7
Dalmatian 3 3 0 0 3
Dalmatian/Akita mix 1 1 0 0 1
Dauschund 2 1 1 1 2 #
Doberman 11 7 4 3 7 #
Doge de Bordeaux 2 1 0 0 1
East Highland terrier 1 0 1 1 0 #
Fila Brasiero 1 1 0 0 1
German shepherd 63 42 17 7 38
German shepherd mix 31 21 7 6 19 #
German shepherd/husky mix 4 3 1 1 2
Golden retriever 6 6 0 1 4 #
Great Dane 24 5 4 2 9
Great Pyranees 1 0 1 1 0
Greyhound 1 1 0 0 1
Husky 39 23 4 13 8
Husky/Malamute mix 2 2 0 0 2
Husky/Labrador mix 1 0 1 0 1
Jack Russell terrier 2 1 1 1 0 #
Labrador 26 18 9 2 20 #
Labrador mix 10 9 1 0 9 #
Labrador/boxer mix 1 0 1 0 0
Lab-Doberman 1 1 0 0 1
Lab-St. Bernard 1 1 0 0 1
Malamute 8 7 1 3 3
Mastiff 16 11 4 4 9
Norwegian elkhound 1 0 1 0 1 #
Pit bull terrier 1110 495 397 104 608 #
Pit bull boxer mix 5 1 2 0 2
Pit bull/chow mix 5 2 3 1 3
Pit bull/Doberman/GSD/Lab 2 2 0 0 2
Pit bull/GSD mix 1 1 0 0 1
Pit bull/Lab mix 15 10 4 3 8 #
Pit bull/Rott. mix 39 7 3 2 8
Pit bull/Sheltie mix 1 1 0 0 1
Pit bull/Weimaraner mix 1 0 1 0 1
Pit mix unknown 3 2 0 0 2
Pointer mix 1 0 1 0 0 #
Pomeranian 1 1 0 1 0
Poodle 2 1 1 0 2 #
Pug 1 1 0 0 1
Pug/Rottweiler mix 2 1 0 1 0
Queensland heeler 3 0 1 0 1
Rottweiler 409 231 109 58 223 #
Rottweiler/chow mix 1 1 0 0 1
Rottweiler/GSD mix 13 7 5 2 10
Rottweiler/Labrador 7 6 1 0 7
Russian terrier 1 0 1 0 1
Saint Bernard 6 3 0 1 1
Sharpei 4 4 0 0 4
Sharpei/Rottweiler 2 1 0 0 1
Sharpei/unknown mix 1 1 0 0 1
Sharpei/Labrador 1 1 0 0 1
Springer spaniel 3 4 0 0 4
Tosa 1 1 0 0 1
Weimaeaner 1 1 0 0 1
Wheaten terrier 2 1 0 0 1
Wolf hybrid 71 65 3 18 43 #
Total: 2209 1142 658 264 1323
Page 3 of 7
Pit bulls, Rottweilers, Presa Canarios, and their mixes:
1638 776 537 172 893
74% 68% 82% 65% 68%
Pit, Rott, Wolf hybrid 1590 793 510 181 875
72% 69% 78% 69% 66%

Last edited:
It all boils down to the owners. A kind & loving owner will raise a kind & loving dog. A beast will raise a beast.

I don't recall any episode of the Little Rascals where Petey (a pit bull) ripped one of the kids faces off. And the RCA dog seemed pretty gentle too.

YouTube - Judge Judy - Pitbull Lady

YouTube - Pitbull attack leads to lawsuit pt 1

Please forgive that I did not view the videos, but I have always agreed with the opinion you hold on these dogs. I have heard all the arguments.

A dog lover,

Aqua*

I loved my Pitbull. Her name was Lady, a brindle Staffordshire and she was a baby doll. The neighbors were scared to death of her, but she wouldn't have hurt a fly.

Then I had a chihuahua, Cheeto (the Cheeto Bandito we called him)....I gotta tell ya, pound for pound he was the baddest dog in the junkyard, y'all....He did that crazy faced, wild eyed, growling snarling thing......and would bite you in New York minute. Weighed about 3.5 pounds and carried 10 pounds of bad attitude.

Forum List

Back