"Pipes are infrastructure, because you need water to live" - Secretary Pete explains to GOP Governor Kristi Noem

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
it's all infrastructure, my friends!

universal health care is HUMAN infrastructure, even free ice cream in the mail in my book should be considered as infrastructure! IT'S ALL INFRASTRUCTURE!

universal health care is HUMAN infrastructure, even free ice cream in the mail in my book should be considered as infrastructure! IT'S ALL INFRASTRUCTURE!

Water systems, yes, but not water pipes in houses and buildings.

Infrastructure | Definition of Infrastructure by Merriam-Webster
www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/infrastructure
Infra- means "below;" so the infrastructure is the "underlying structure" of a country and its economy, the fixed installations that it needs in order to function. These include roads, bridges, dams, the water and sewer systems, railways and subways, airports, and harbors. These are generally government-built and publicly owned.

Someone needs to explain to Biden then that Keystone Pipeline is infrastructure as well. So is that border wall.

Correct about public water. It is infrastructure. I'm not sure it's anything the federal government should be involved in replacing...but if it comes down to spending money on another destroyer that will be around for 20 years and never fire it's guns in anger and replacing the lead pipes in Jackson, MS...I'll take the pipes.

Correct about human infrastructure. Not sure about healthcare being part of the equation but certainly educating the masses is something that is just a fact of life with most societies...the US is at a disadvantage when we just write off 40% of the nation deeming them "educated enough" with a HS diploma.

As for the ice cream...you sound like an idiot.

Community water systems would be infrastructure. Not individual pipes.

There is no human infrastructure. It's a fucking lame concept.

We need roads, bridges, and the electric grid updated and upgraded.

All that is in the bill. To the tune of about 200 billion dollars.

It is the other 1.8 trillion dollars that are unnecessary and need to be stopped.

Anything that is not "common use" is NOT infrastructure no matter how hard they try to redefine the English language.

• Banned

come on Senator, the elderly ARE infrastructure, in that they have memorized every road and bridge that ever existed!

Pipes are infrastructure

bongnapping.jpg

What they're replacing is the feed pipes from the main to the house. There could be loan money to help homeowners pay for replacing their home's pipes, but that's not what the cities replacing pipe are doing.

Infra- means "below;" so the infrastructure is the "underlying structure" of a country and its economy, the fixed installations that it needs in order to function. These include roads, bridges, dams, the water and sewer systems, railways and subways, airports, and harbors. These are generally government-built and publicly owned.
Great idea. We can build our water systems to have a nozzle in the ditch in front of each house, and just spray the water at each of the houses. You're so smart.

but if it comes down to spending money on another destroyer that will be around for 20 years and never fire it's guns in anger
Isnt that what we want?

a strong military that no one dares go to war against?

its when the military is weak that other nations are tempted to go to war

Our military is unmatched. Submarines we mothballed (LA Class) are still better than any other navy's subs both in terms of capability and sheer numbers. Its silly that we keep building new classes of weapons just to spend the money. We've decommissioned 30 LA Class Fast Attack Subs. Each one cost about a billion to build and (such things are kept secret mind you) most never fired a single shot. $30B for a deterrent that is now not even part of the navy any longer.

Someone needs to explain to Biden then that Keystone Pipeline is infrastructure as well. So is that border wall.
fyi
The Keystone XL is Canadian infrastructure, over American land.... it was temporarily halted from being built, by Biden

The Keystone Pipeline itself, is running normal as usual...

most never fired a single shot
Exactly

and we hope they never will

but someday china, russia, iran and north korea will test our weapons because the gap between our military and theirs is shrinking

Hey nit wit Republicans...the feed pipes that come into your house are NOT owned by the homeowner and are in a lot of cases made of lead.

In most cases they have become lined with calcium and are "relatively" safe...until they are disturbed or the chemical composition of the water changes. Then you have what happened in Michigan.

THAT is infrastructure...and it needs to be addressed.

Great idea. We can build our water systems to have a nozzle in the ditch in front of each house, and just spray the water at each of the houses. You're so smart.

You're a pretty fart smeller smart feller yerself.

Housing, infrastructure and pipes sounds like White Supremacy to me. Bad idea. Back to ritual sacrifice and chucking spears!

Forum List

Back