Pigeon Bloom (on Netflix)

JoeMoma

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2014
Good movie for the whole family. May need to keep a box of tissues handy for the teary-eyed.

I have a question also... neither of us are into sappy cry movies... we watched the trailer but dismissed it.
Can you provide insight... basically, for you, was it more than that?

Good movie for the whole family. May need to keep a box of tissues handy for the teary-eyed.

Can you add any insight without providing spoilers?

I don't have Netflix anymore, but I like to keep my eye out for good movies.

Mom, Dad and 3 sons vacation in Thailand where mom falls from a rooftop and becomes paralyzed. Oldest son blames himself because it was his idea to go to the rooftop. Mom has to adjust to being dependent on her family rather than being the super-surfer mom that takes care of everyone else. The whole family has to adjust to mom's new condition as their world seems to be turned upside down. Dad stresses to hold family together.

The oldest son finds a magpie that has fallen form its nest and he takes it home to raise (so that it doesn't die). The family decides to name it. Oldest son suggests the name Pigeon, and that is the name that sticks. Pigeon becomes the family pet and helps the family pull together.

Dad takes boys to school. Mom is alone in bed, depressed and wants to die. She hears baby Pigeon squawking. Mom pulls herself from her bed to her wheelchair and goes to tend to baby Pigeon. This is not a magic bullet that instantly cures mom of her depression, but it does give mom something else to focus on. During the days when Dad and the boys are away, Mom spends her time taking care of Pigeon. The whole family bonds with Pigeon especially Mom and the oldest son.

There is more....watch the movie to find out.

Last edited:
I have a question also... neither of us are into sappy cry movies... we watched the trailer but dismissed it.
I have to be in the right mood for sappy myself. Usually I like movies with lots of bullets, car chases, kung-foo fights, and explosions. Throw in some hot ladies and a good story, and that's my kind of movie. But I like sappy once in awhile, especially when there is a happy ending.

To answer you question, it may not be a movie for you and Bonzi. The bird is really cool though.

Forum List

Back