Pig-Pen Christmas Ornament: TrumpUSA/Design

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
The offbeat/iconic Peanuts (Charles Schulz) character Pig-Pen is an affable small boy who never bathes and always seems to be dirty and rolling around in dirt and basically covered in a cloud/aura of dust and grime.

Pig-Pen is a hygiene-avatar who represents our perspectives on customs/etiquette and socialization dialogue. We might compare Pig-Pen, for example, to the naturalism of the friendly Green Giant vegetable company Goliath-avatar or the Marvel Comics superheroine She-Hulk, a brutish/muscular and 'primal' female of husky fury.

Pig-Pen stands out of course, since Peanuts cartoons/comics present culturally-symbolic American stories about affable children engaged in intriguing and entertaining values-themed adventures and experiences reflective of the 'American experience' and therefore of the general social network (and community values!).

We might consider why Pig-Pen captures some of the lifestyle imagination relevant to our consumerism-centric TrumpUSA society. Do we live in an America that cares about Wal-Mart conveniences or do we live in an America that indulges in Burger King cholesterol-consciousness? How do we use capitalism to promote ethics/values?

====

"I got this terrific Pig-Pen Christmas ornament for a Christmas tree in my Manhattan loft that I share with my daughter. The ornament is a tree-hanging ball-bulb with a nice black ribbon-bow on it and a gem-like visage of our beloved Pig-Pen (Peanuts) character standing and smiling as he's surrounded by his typical dust/dirt floating around him. When I think about sharing this Christmas with my daughter this year and celebrating our iconic Pig-Pen Christmas ornament, I might consider why the consumerism-niceties of 'TrumpUSA' reflect America's love/celebration of folklore-accessibility. After all, isn't Christmas really about killing buyer's remorse?"

====

ppen5.jpg

How come you sound normal out on the interwebs, but come here and make me think you need to be institutionalized?

Forum List

Back