PIG - Nicolas Cage

We resisted renting this movie despite critical praise and raving crowd reviews.
Nick Cage sucks... right? I mean is there another actor out there that has made so many bad movies??

We gave it a roll. Glad we did.
Someone said once that a great story teller can capture your attention, pull you in and keep you listening while describing how to make a peanut butter sandwich.
That is this movie. The story itself is simple, and pretty absurd really. And done before. Several times.
But it is still wonderful. It is how the story is told, the quality of the acting that keeps you interested.

Cage has made a ton of bad movies because he keeps going broke. When he does he'll take anything that comes his way.

The Depp remake of Willy Wonka was cringe worthy and pathetic. I have to admit I can't
legitimately critique Depp because I've never seen any of this movies.
But what I have seen is God awful!

I know his Jack Sparrow shtick pleases someone though because Disney has made six of those movies.
It's like the Fast and Furious franchise. It pleases a base of stupefied fans, like the network Soap Operas
that go on for decades.
Zombies are easy to please and prove it over and over again.

Tom Hanks is THE actor of our lifetime.
Impossible to show someone else with his range. He can play anyone. Anyone.
I wish he would play a bad guy more, his role in Road to Perdition was awesome.
I don't know what his politics are, and I certainly don't care. I purposefully separate movies from life... is that not the purpose?
One exception to that is Johnny Depp. I can't look past the fact he is a huge jackass that bought his own hype. The guy thinks he is the greatest human being on the planet. No one cooler and more awesome than himself. Therefore I haven't watched a Depp film since P of C

I mean... look at this fucking guy. His 58 years old and still thinks he is 25 and Mr. Cool.
He's a joke.

View attachment 552930
Yes....Hanks is talented.....but because he likes little kids, the left ether convinced him to fake COVID or blackmailed him.

The Depp remake of Willy Wonka was cringe worthy and pathetic. I have to admit I can't
legitimately critique Depp because I've never seen any of this movies.
But what I have seen is God awful!

I know his Jack Sparrow shtick pleases someone though because Disney has made six of those movies.
It's like the Fast and Furious franchise. It pleases a base of stupefied fans, like the network Soap Operas
that go on for decades.
Zombies are easy to please and prove it over and over again.
Johnny Depp trashed the Lone Ranger and Willy Wonka....as well as Alice In Wonderland.

We resisted renting this movie despite critical praise and raving crowd reviews.
Nick Cage sucks... right? I mean is there another actor out there that has made so many bad movies??

We gave it a roll. Glad we did.
Someone said once that a great story teller can capture your attention, pull you in and keep you listening while describing how to make a peanut butter sandwich.
That is this movie. The story itself is simple, and pretty absurd really. And done before. Several times.
But it is still wonderful. It is how the story is told, the quality of the acting that keeps you interested.

I like Nicholas Cage's work although some of his bad boy portrayals went way through the roof with generational concerns concerns and his list of ex-wives must make him unable to have a bank account.

Even so, if he had ever considered being tbe perfect reformed soul, he would have benefited taking a lesson from his role in my second favorite movie of all times in "The Family Man" in which he and Tea Leoni brought a lot of Americans back to respecting the family in spite of its being a lighthearted fiction about a fictional dream, or was it.

Last edited:
DeNiro doesn't have much range.
He's got one character.....angry foul-mouthed Italian.
Have you met Leonard Lowe?

b54b8d8a-a712-48c8-9170-5e7e1d84777b_1.cb66bf1c3f9d76dca624273fee300d73.jpeg

Tom Hanks is THE actor of our lifetime.
Impossible to show someone else with his range. He can play anyone. Anyone.
I wish he would play a bad guy more, his role in Road to Perdition was awesome.
I don't know what his politics are, and I certainly don't care. I purposefully separate movies from life... is that not the purpose?
One exception to that is Johnny Depp. I can't look past the fact he is a huge jackass that bought his own hype. The guy thinks he is the greatest human being on the planet. No one cooler and more awesome than himself. Therefore I haven't watched a Depp film since P of C

I mean... look at this fucking guy. His 58 years old and still thinks he is 25 and Mr. Cool.
He's a joke.

View attachment 552930

Hanks may have a jeff epstein problem

Johnny Depp is a lush who cannot do anything other than play a good drunken pirate.
I do enjoy his work in that series.....but the rest of his shit isn't worth watching....except maybe Sleepy Hollow.
What's Eating Gilbert Grape was good.

Forum List

Back