PIG - Nicolas Cage

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
We resisted renting this movie despite critical praise and raving crowd reviews.
Nick Cage sucks... right? I mean is there another actor out there that has made so many bad movies??

We gave it a roll. Glad we did.
Someone said once that a great story teller can capture your attention, pull you in and keep you listening while describing how to make a peanut butter sandwich.
That is this movie. The story itself is simple, and pretty absurd really. And done before. Several times.
But it is still wonderful. It is how the story is told, the quality of the acting that keeps you interested.

.....yes -he is a very bad actor ..I never watch his movies.
His movies are similar to Robert DeNiro.
Moments of brilliance among a slew of really-really bad movies.
But much worse. DeNiro's great movies outnumber the dogs.
Cage... the dogs outnumber the good, literally 10 to 1.

Frankly, I like Nick Cage. He was outstanding in "The Frozen Ground".

Honestly, I can watch just about anything with him in it. Same thing with Tom Hanks...
Holy...OK now you are just trolling... holy shit... comparing him to Hanks is like comparing La Maison Chocolate with a Tootsie Roll.
:D

Loved Caged since Valley Girl, but I would put him up there with actors like Woody Harrelson, as a hit or miss.

We resisted renting this movie despite critical praise and raving crowd reviews.
Nick Cage sucks... right? I mean is there another actor out there that has made so many bad movies??

We gave it a roll. Glad we did.
Someone said once that a great story teller can capture your attention, pull you in and keep you listening while describing how to make a peanut butter sandwich.
That is this movie. The story itself is simple, and pretty absurd really. And done before. Several times.
But it is still wonderful. It is how the story is told, the quality of the acting that keeps you interested.

Raising Arizona ain't bad but also stars Peter Fonda.

DeNiro doesn't have much range.
He's got one character.....angry foul-mouthed Italian.
I would disagree... Awakenings.
Rare movie for DeNiro that he isn't a tough guy. He was gold in Awakenings. Deer Hunter is another.
He is certainly known more for the mob guy... but he has real range, but unfortunately makes really bad movie choices, especially in the last 10 years. Mostly garbage.

I would disagree... Awakenings.
Rare movie for DeNiro that he isn't a tough guy. He was gold in Awakenings. Deer Hunter is another.
He is certainly known more for the mob guy... but he has real range, but unfortunately makes really bad movie choices, especially in the last 10 years. Mostly garbage.
Yes....DeNiro thought he could get an Oscar by playing a retard.
It's been done.
Never go Full Retard.

Tom Hanks is THE actor of our lifetime.
Impossible to show someone else with his range. He can play anyone. Anyone.
I wish he would play a bad guy more, his role in Road to Perdition was awesome.
I don't know what his politics are, and I certainly don't care. I purposefully separate movies from life... is that not the purpose?
One exception to that is Johnny Depp. I can't look past the fact he is a huge jackass that bought his own hype. The guy thinks he is the greatest human being on the planet. No one cooler and more awesome than himself. Therefore I haven't watched a Depp film since P of C

I mean... look at this fucking guy. His 58 years old and still thinks he is 25 and Mr. Cool.
He's a joke.

jd2.jpg

Last edited:
Holy...OK now you are just trolling... holy shit... comparing him to Hanks is like comparing La Maison Chocolate with a Tootsie Roll.
:D

No, I'm not comparing them at all. Hanks is far and away a superior actor.

I just happen to enjoy Cage's acting. I'm not saying he's a great actor, though...

Cage usually does interesting stuff and this movie looks interesting to me.
It might get me back in a theater. DeNIro, Hanks...Depp???

No comment needed. Hollywood loves them. Because they play the game and do what Hollywood wants.
They are woke clowns, though Johnny Depp to a lesser degree. But he plays cartoonish grotesquely broad
roles. So there you are.

Cage usually does interesting stuff and this movie looks interesting to me.
It might get me back in a theater. DeNIro, Hanks...Depp???

No comment needed. Hollywood loves them. Because they play the game and do what Hollywood wants.
They are woke clowns, though Johnny Depp to a lesser degree. But he plays cartoonish grotesquely broad
roles. So there you are.
Johnny Depp is a lush who cannot do anything other than play a good drunken pirate.
I do enjoy his work in that series.....but the rest of his shit isn't worth watching....except maybe Sleepy Hollow.

Forum List

Back