Pick a number ROmney doesn't think you understand basic economics

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
If the president’s energy policies are working, you’re going to see the cost of energy come down.
Mitt "Pick a Nunber" Romney

Really Mitt?

So the President controls the GLOBAL market that is petroleum? OPEC I guess has nothing to do with oil prices, the President sets the price, right? And if he's doing his job right - it will go down - no matter what the entire rest of the world does.

Got it!

Oh, so America becoming a net producer of petroleum wouldn't have a positive effect on prices?

Who is it here that doesn't know anything about economics? :lol:

The only way America will become a net producer of petroleum is if we seriously cut our consumption of it, and that's something Pick A Number Etch A Sketch isn't interested in.

I like how the right wing things they can balance a financial budget by ONLY cutting outlays while they think they can balance a petroleum import/export deficit by ONLY increasing production.

Oh, so America becoming a net producer of petroleum wouldn't have a positive effect on prices?

The only way America will become a net producer of petroleum is if we seriously cut our consumption of it, and that's something Pick A Number Etch A Sketch isn't interested in.

I like how the right wing things they can balance a financial budget by ONLY cutting outlays while they think they can balance a petroleum import/export deficit by ONLY increasing production.
Clearly, you're an economic nincompoop, who quite probably barely made it out of high school. :lol:

That has nothing to do with the government. It has to do with oil companies and market speculators ad the world market. The price of gas is just another the sitting POTUS gets blamed for. But he gets no credit for them going down.

That has nothing to do with the government. It has to do with oil companies and market speculators ad the world market. The price of gas is just another the sitting POTUS gets blamed for. But he gets no credit for them going down.
When he has done everything to stand in the way of domestic production, he damn sure shares the blame.

When he has done everything to stand in the way of domestic production, he damn sure shares the blame.

Domestic production is up.

Clearly, you're an economic nincompoop, who quite probably barely made it out of high school. :lol:

Please show us the math that indicates we can balance our petroleum import/export deficit without reducing the consumption.

I'm guessing its "Pick a Number, say 25000" kinda math you'll use.

The global price of oil could come down overnight.

"The United States is going to drill for oil in every reserve, Alaska, the Gulf, offshore, in every vacant lot and back yard. The United States is going to mine for coal and frack for natural gas. We intend to glut the world market with cheap energy."

The next morning the global price of oil would drop like a stone. As old John D. Rockefeller knew quite well, you don't have to do it, if everyone thinks you will.

"The United States is going to drill for oil in every reserve, Alaska, the Gulf, offshore, in every vacant lot and back yard. The United States is going to mine for coal and frack for natural gas. We intend to glut the world market with cheap energy."

The next morning the global price of oil would drop like a stone. As old John D. Rockefeller knew quite well, you don't have to do it, if everyone thinks you will.

Do you have any hard economic analaysis that indicates your claim is true or do you just have a quote and a good feewing that it must be true?

Please show us the math that indicates we can balance our petroleum import/export deficit without reducing the consumption.

I'm guessing its "Pick a Number, say 25000" kinda math you'll use.
By increasing production, you nincompoop....Econ 101.

If the president’s energy policies are working, you’re going to see the cost of energy come down.
Mitt's wrong on this one.

The President said in 2009 that the cost of energy would "necessarily skyrocket" so yes the President's policies ARE working! But which ones? :confused:

Do you have any hard economic analaysis that indicates your claim is true or do you just have a quote and a good feewing that it must be true?

Its an idea and one that can quite possibly be true. Any economic evidence? Economics is theory, so no.

But think about this...

Romeny wants to increase produiction by as much as the private secotr is willing to invest in production..

In the meantime he wants to conitnue with the research and development of renewable energy..

So in the end, production will be up and consumption will be down...thus creating lower prices.

The alternative?

We have Obama investing all kinds of tax dollars into renewable energy ansd actually stifling domestic production of oil...yes, it is up on private land but that is MUCH MORE expensive for the oil producers....open up federal land...keeping prodcution costs lower while waiting for renewable energy to become cost effective.

Seems Romney has a plan. You may want to punch holes in it....but it exists.

Obama has no plan.

Mitt "Pick a Nunber" Romney

Really Mitt?

So the President controls the GLOBAL market that is petroleum? OPEC I guess has nothing to do with oil prices, the President sets the price, right? And if he's doing his job right - it will go down - no matter what the entire rest of the world does.

Got it!

OPEC has very little to do with the price of oil these days.

Not saying the President does, just saying OPEC doesn't really, either.

We are a net exporter of petroleum products right now.

The oxymoron, OohPooPahDoo and the word economics should never appear in the same sentence. I seriously doubt that the word education and OohPoo should appear together also.

Forum List

Back