Philosophy of Time.

All animals except humans live in a continual present, with no sense of the temporal distinctions of past, present and future. Our consciousness of time is therefore one of the most important distinguishing features of humankind, and one of the things that truly separates us from the lower animals. It comes as no surprise, then, that from time immemorial, philosophers, teachers and theologians have speculated on the true nature of time. Does time have a substance and, if so, what is it made of? How do we know that time really exists? Does time have a beginning and an end? Is it a straight line or a circle?

Philosophy of Time – Exactly What Is Time?
Apparently, some psychologists believe that non-human animals ALSO perceive time beyond the moment or “present”. It’s part of our various adaptive mechanisms ... for survival & propagation.

“In recent history, ecologists and psychologists have been interested in whether and how time is perceived by non-human animals, as well as which functional purposes are served by the ability to perceive time. Studies have demonstrated that many species of animals, including both vertebrates and invertebrates, have cognitive abilities that allow them to estimate and compare time intervals and durations in a similar way to humans.”

Your have a link with the title "Lets stop with the Auschwitz lies". This link tells lies about Auschwitz.

Short overview:

When Germany invaded Poland in September 1939, triggering World War II, Hitler ordered that the Polish leadership and intelligentsia be destroyed. The camp at Auschwitz was established in April 1940, at first as a quarantine camp for Polish political prisoners. On 22 June 1941, in an attempt to obtain new territory, Hitler invaded the Soviet Union. The first gassing at Auschwitz—of a group of Soviet prisoners of war—took place around August 1941. By the end of that year, during what most historians regard as the first phase of the Holocaust, 500,000–800,000 Soviet Jews had been killed in mass shootings by German Einsatzgruppen [=task forces], ordinary German soldiers, and local collaborators. At the Wannsee Conference in Berlin on 20 January 1942, Heydrich outlined the Final Solution of the Jewish Question [=the holocaust] to senior Nazis, and from early 1942 freight trains delivered Jews from all over occupied Europe to German extermination camps in Poland: Auschwitz, Bełżec, Chełmno, Majdanek, Sobibór and Treblinka. Most prisoners were gassed on arrival.

Source Wikipedia (05/11/2020)

In context philosophy of time: History is not a myth. History are facts - and who ignores now intentionally the crimes of the past, will have to live in an insane demented future.

Last edited:
Time obviously exists just as shape, color, number and distance exist. The fact that we can't perceive all of it completely from our limited perspective doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Add in relativity and it gets even more ambiguous.

All animals except humans live in a continual present, with no sense of the temporal distinctions of past, present and future. Our consciousness of time is therefore one of the most important distinguishing features of humankind, and one of the things that truly separates us from the lower animals. It comes as no surprise, then, that from time immemorial, philosophers, teachers and theologians have speculated on the true nature of time. Does time have a substance and, if so, what is it made of? How do we know that time really exists? Does time have a beginning and an end? Is it a straight line or a circle?

Physics separates the BEST OF MINDS from the more blahzay great minds. I did great in the social sciences but was quickly dispatched when I tried to entertain the field of physics. I will try my best to answer your questions but may be passing on conjecture @ best as what I have read may be conjecture @ best itself. 1st... Professor Hawking is/was the go to man on this subject with his "Brief History of Time" publication an international best seller. Despite dwarfing all previous minds on the subject of the dimension of time professor Hawking was still barely able to scatch the surface of the subject but still light years ahead of the rest of the pack. #2) As far as I could find out time comprises a part(?) of the 4th dimensional continuum but again this may be conjecture @ best(a reasonable guess?). Mankind does not know if time carries substance(@ least as we know substance to be). I CAN ANSWER THIS ONE!!! We know time exists because we can go forwards through time but NOT backwards through time(time appears a half of a dimension to humans). Time supposedly is a created dimension meaning it had a beginning(before time?/I have no idea what I am trying to say) & thus means it has an end(after time? I am completely lost here). Supposedly the continuum is round from what I have read but noticed physicists refer to a "TIME LINE" continually. I'm just shooting in the dark here but I am extremely interested in the subject & is WHY I answered your post. Take care, till next time!

I know that there is an order of events and we can't undo that. What you count on is up to you.
What is a circle to you? Does it represent repetition or equidistance? Do you think it is perfect? Is the mind above the eyes?
Do you want time to end? Do you want to stop measuring your age? Do you want to live forever? Do you aspire to godliness?

Forum List

Back